URL: http://www.ukvac.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=366908
Printed Date: 19 Nov 2018 at 8:29pm

Topic: should operators be allowed on a collectors forum
Posted By: griffo83x
Subject: should operators be allowed on a collectors forum
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 10:37pm
As above???

-------------
wanted video wizard/ Ec midi / similar jamma cab :)

Replies:
Posted By: u72
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 10:41pm
Is this directed at me?

-------------
Visit the Largest Classic Video Arcade in Europe!

http://www.arcade-club.com" rel="nofollow - Arcade Club Home Page

Posted By: LewisGamer
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 10:42pm
No! Everyone knows operators are sub human!

-------------
Independent games store owner and EX-organizer of Retro Games Night at the Batcave! I now do nothing but weep into my pillow at night... Sometimes I wake up in a pool of sweat, you weren't there man!

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 10:43pm
just asking a question you feeling guilty ?

-------------

Posted By: patloz
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 10:45pm
I take it you mean operators of retro machines such as Arcade Club, RGP  etc? people who have interests in machines like we have but operate them as a business?

What are your concerns to ask such a question?

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 10:46pm
Well... it’s a mighty coincidence that after you got upset about Andy purchasing a console on an arcade forum, you went on to make this post. I’m sure you are a stand up guy, but this behaviour is not setting a good example.

-------------
Independent games store owner and EX-organizer of Retro Games Night at the Batcave! I now do nothing but weep into my pillow at night... Sometimes I wake up in a pool of sweat, you weren't there man!

Posted By: lix
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 10:47pm
How about hoarders? Who have a bunch of stuff switched off for decades with a mere hint of a human touch? Flippers and breakers can definitely go.

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 10:51pm
Sorry. This thread can only be toxic. I’m sorry for the whole affair. Kiss and make up everyone. Been told by a few people that you are a top dude Griffo.

-------------

Posted By: Ace`
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 10:51pm
If it wasn't for ops we wouldn't have cabs and boards in our collectons. I don't see how you'd stop them or why you'd want to.

-------------
http://www.ukvac.com/forum/topic353880_post968941.html" rel="nofollow - Wanted PCBs and Parts

http://notinmame.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow - Not In Mame

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 10:53pm
No what im saying if you have cash as a operator should you be on a collectors forum the clue is in the name

UKVAC= collectors not operators 

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 10:54pm
Yeah, I heard he was a top bloke as well - peace :)

-------------

Posted By: TheDaddy
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 10:56pm
My opinion for what its worth. I think everyone should be aloud on here, Its a community of people who enjoy arcade cabs. I agree flippers can sod off !!! They are not ' Collectors ' and are not concerned about the preservation of games but rather how much they can make. Arcade ops are keeping the games going and preserving them so I think it would be rather silly to try and Ban them from being on here. I think the question should be ' Why should ops NOT be aloud on here ?? '. 

Dave.

P.S Don't shoot me for my opinion , You are welcome to your own.

P.S.S Ops are collectors are they not ??

-------------
AKA Wonderboy.

Posted By: rcantor77
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 10:59pm
Not sure it matters tbh... its the fastest finger first, so that could be collector or operator and if you are not fast enough then you move on.

And there not any rules about posting in the thread to claim an item... its the sellers decision who he sells to and that could be from someone, posting in the thread, private messaging or calling on the phone... its up to them. Its not for the forum to dictate who someone should sell to...

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 10:59pm
Arcade Club is a fecking amazing thing, and I’m in now way upset if my stuff is sold to help build on that. It’s something for everyone I guess :D

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by rcantor77 rcantor77 wrote:

Not sure it matters tbh... its the fastest finger first, so that could be collector or operator and if you are not fast enough then you move on.

And there not any rules about posting in the thread to claim an item... its the sellers decision who he sells to and that could be from someone, posting in the thread, private messaging or calling on the phone... its up to them. Its not for the forum to dictate who someone should sell to...

Amen!

The voice of reason ;)

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by u72 u72 wrote:

Yeah, I heard he was a top bloke as well - peace :)

Been to my house , picked through speccy games from the back of craigs car outside arcade club , claims he dont know me 

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 11:05pm
It takes all kinds of animals to make up a jungle and the jungle needs all the animals to co exist to maintain an equilibrium.

The more that gets sold on here means more people will look to the forum as a viable outlet over Ebay , Gumtree etc.

what we do need to shake off is this "forum pricing" waffle, yes we can have a bit of a deal with each other on here and help each other out with bits and bobs but a machine has a market value and that's what I would expect it to sell for not for less just because its on this forum.

All this does is make people shuffle off to other selling mediums to ask the market value and it ends up in the hands of non forum members.

If a cabs market value is a grand on ebay then it should be for sale at £900+ on here due to the removal of charges not any less in my eyes.

Posted By: 2huwman
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 11:07pm
Of course operators should be allowed on the forum.

-------------
Message me if you need a JAMMA Cab-ready 15Khz MAME PC!

https://www.arcadepcs.com/" rel="nofollow - https://www.arcadepcs.com/

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 11:07pm
“Been to my house , picked through speccy games from the back of craigs car outside arcade club , claims he dont know me”

I think that was humour.
Chill Griffo. I’ll see if I can source another PC Engine for you through the shop. Is there anything else you are after?

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by 2huwman 2huwman wrote:

why ? maybe we should call it ukvac/o then ?

-------------

Posted By: lix
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 11:16pm
Actually I may slip from the collector (and enjoyer of my collection) into the operator category some day, so I better get back to lurking, but I will say you need lightning fast fingers on page refresh in the sales section because anything nice does NOT hang around long! And if you're on ebay then you need very deep pockets.

Maybe there should be a 'fair chance' section, where you have to anonymously 'express interest' on an item, and the seller can randomly pick a buyer to commit the sale and then get their details and identity. Obviously that's a bit of web coding and not something that would work straight off in a forum, and sellers would have to expressly partake in the mechanism. Sometimes I'de prefer that though, so even I get a chance!

Posted By: neo-geo-mvs
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 11:30pm
I think most of us can spot flippers from collectors. If ur selling just be careful.

Not good seeing things bought at forum friendly prices to being flipped on ebay a few weeks later. Not on

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 11:31pm
I think the hobby is in transition. Prices are going nuts. Bargains are harder to find. Some people have more cash to throw around than others. You have to be quick.

-------------

Posted By: 2huwman
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by griffo83x griffo83x wrote:

Because it's a public forum. You don't have to be from the UK either.

-------------
Message me if you need a JAMMA Cab-ready 15Khz MAME PC!

https://www.arcadepcs.com/" rel="nofollow - https://www.arcadepcs.com/

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by LewisGamer LewisGamer wrote:

I think the hobby is in transition. Prices are going nuts. Bargains are harder to find. Some people have more cash to throw around than others. You have to be quick.

As a seller, this is good for you

I just wonder where sellers keep getting their cheap stock from? Must be like fossil fuels and running out?

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 11:40pm

Because it's a public forum. You don't have to be from the UK either.

words fail me!

-------------

Posted By: JAG555
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 11:45pm
I just wasted 5 minutes of my life reading this rubbish and now another 30 seconds writing this response.

Sorry, but this is a pointless topic........

Posted By: strykr
Rule 1. Dont write pmd or ill take that. Get in touch with the sellwr asap. There are no selling rules or pming vals rules on ukvac. Get in first. Make an appropriate offer and hope for the best.

-------------
Wanted - Electrocoin Wheels Runner Cabinet http://tinyurl.com/oq6dkau
Badlands & Champ sprint TG mame WR holder

Posted By: robotech
Breaking pefectly good working cabs for profit
Or getting forum deals and flipping is wrong
I would say no to those kind of ops/people
Just in this for cash
Its hard to poice who is who no stopping
Someone making another account

I can vouch for paul being sound though
He is one of the good guys

Posted By: Friedgoat
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 11:52pm
I think operators should totally be allowed on here.. Let me know when you ever want to sell that Pop n Music cab...  or any Bemani cab pls u72 :D

Posted By: tb lilley
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 12:01am
I think it helps if people are generally open, honest, transparent. Think that's they key criteria really.

-------------
It's only original once.

Posted By: IanH
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 2:07am
Well as an arcade engineer maybe myself and anybody that makes money from arcade machines shouldn't be aloud on here, but I think it would be a sad an lonely place, as without the people doing this for a business there wouldn't be many people with the experience or knowledge to try and help fix these things.
And there wouldn't be a hobby to start with if there wasn't any operators selling out of date gear to the public when it becomes obsolete .
Remember most if not all the old machines that we now collect have been bought and used to make money at some point in there lives, the whole point of arcade machines is to make money.
I myself love trying to keep the old machines running, there more interesting to work on an it makes me smile when I see a family playing on an old game especially when the parents say to there kids 'I used to play on this when I was your age'
Cheers
Ian

Posted By: karlcdoe
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 2:57am
Originally posted by IanH IanH wrote:

there wouldn't be a hobby to start with if there wasn't any operators selling out of date gear to the public when it becomes obsolete

This.

Even 20+ years ago ops were reluctant to sell to some Joe going in and making them a cash offer in case they got any kind of hassle. If you want to see all future cabs that are no longer financially viable to operate go into a fire this could be the way to do it. 

Posted By: bomjac
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 4:03am
It's a public forum - open to all. If you wish to exclude certain people or factions from an arcade forum then go start your own forum.

The grapes are sour with this one for some reason.

Posted By: stevebm1
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 7:32am
if an op wants to sell stuff on here at forum prices I don't see it as a problem,however if they want £2000 for a beat up jamma cab,converted to lcd with 50 buttons and a pandoras box,no collector is going to buy it.,if like u72 they buy cabs,but then they are available for public use,what is peoples problem,please let's not get back to the "hoover" and "media whore" culture!

-------------
====WANTED====
Vector pinball plastics

Posted By: dj_yt
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 8:14am
Lock them up! Lock them up!

Yes, we should allow operators as a general rule. No travellers or dogs though. 

-------------
http://reassembler.blogspot.com" rel="nofollow - Reassembler Blog

Posted By: ocb
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 8:22am
I’ve often thought sort of “membership” to an “arcade lifestyle” society could be a good idea for at least us lot in Europe.

There would be an open and honest membership policy to exclude rippers and flippers.

One of many advantages could be a “WTB” section, where we load up what cabs, bits etc we are on the lookout for.

Also, a KLOV style DB of cabs, with the history and previous owners (possibly links to renovation blogs etc).

I’ve even thought about a “rescue fund”, where members paid in a fiver or so a month, and the funds used to save some poor gem from Death By HyperSpin...funds would always belong to the members, could be refunded when a cab or whatever got sold.

Ops who are generally supportive of the arcade lifestyle- of course they’d be members; they are part of the ecosystem.

I probably think too much though....the curse of a stressful but boring job!

-------------
Coin-op addict 1976-1983, 88-92, 2014-Present. Regional Atari (Pac-Man) Champion 1982. Utter failure at consoles & handhelds.WANTED - ATARI BREAKOUT RF CAGE!!!

Posted By: DanP
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 9:50am

Just curious, how would you suggest a 'no operator' policy would be implemented and maintained?  

I think in reality there's some understandable irritation from the OP built up over a lost trade (or trades) that's spilt over into this.   I do wonder would the forum really be upset if one of the larger operators decided to sell all their cabs on here - I suspect not.    

I also think for the most part the forum is self regulating.   People will quickly spot scammers or flippers and they are always at liberty to sell to whomever they want once they've put something up for sale.   If you personally would rather not sell something to a known operator - thats your choice.   For the most part the 'operators' of which you speak are well known and do not try to hide.   There will always be one or two unscrupulous people but that's just life.

I think from speaking to a few of them, the larger operators do show *some* restraint on here and try and leave cabs for sale for a while before swooping in to give the collectors a chance.   The days of 'forum prices' are imo largely over, except where people deal with people they already know really well and in real life.  Meets are the place to make and get decent prices on cabs and parts these days. 

Dan

Posted By: jengineer
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Ace` Ace` wrote:

If it wasn't for ops we wouldn't have cabs and boards in our collections. I don't see how you'd stop them or why you'd want to.

this, 

I have no idea why you wouldn't want Operators on this forum? I can only see it might be envy or sour grapes somewhere?

-------------
ooooooh if I had the space (and the money) I'd have that...

Posted By: richmal
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 3:57pm

Pretty much as above.
There is a finite pool of retro games/arcade machines/consoles and more and more people are getting into the hobby which is only going to raise prices.

I’m assuming the op is saying that ops are hoovering up everything leaving nothing for us.Thats what i’m taking from this

Posted By: Sm76
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 4:28pm
If something was put up for sale at a fixed price and an op uses buying clout or more money to snatch things out of the hands of other agreed buyers then that's not good. However I don't think that's the case and I certainly have not heard of anyone doing that. Most people on here just sell to who they want to. If they suspected people were being underhand most would choose not to sell to that person. 

-------------
Wanted: Space Harrier!

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 4:55pm
Not an example of a British Op, but a flipper and Belgian Op - my pinball mate recently bought a late 80s cab. Absolutely nothing special. He fixed the controls and CRT, advertised it at a price that reflected not much more than the parts he’d bought and less than 1h of his professional rate.

It got hoovered, and advertised by a complete c. of an “op” for 3 times what he’d bought it for, with a whole BS story about where it came from, family history blah blah but didn’t have space and didn’t know how to maintain it.

For once my mate was close to letting me loose and “getting nasty” with the seller. He didn’t though, probably just as well for all involved.

-------------
Coin-op addict 1976-1983, 88-92, 2014-Present. Regional Atari (Pac-Man) Champion 1982. Utter failure at consoles & handhelds.WANTED - ATARI BREAKOUT RF CAGE!!!

Posted By: Flinnster
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 5:47pm
I think there needs to be some clarity here...

Op = guy who runs an arcade, where the general public pay in some way to play the machines
OP = Original Poster of a forum thread.

So, can we wholesale ban all OPs. That way the Op problem goes away too.
Clear as mud? Embarrassed

-------------

WTD: OutrunDLX, Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Wonderboy pcb
Parts WTD: Naomi wheels, Dino King Door metal clip

Posted By: tin
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 6:00pm
@flinnster  bravo!! Clap Tongue

-------------
This is your crew chief // Yeah, the course is really tough // But it's a beautiful day // So good luck!

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 6:01pm
Ban all OAPs too. That's half of the forum gone!!

Posted By: Kewydee
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 7:08pm
When I sold my cab, I was super-chuffed it went to an Op. 

The cab gets shared with more people than I could invite round. 

And It'll be kept in better condition than I could do myself.

And maybe one day I'll head north to visit my old cab. That would be fun.

Glad to see there are still many sensible geezers on 'VAC

Drama queens and flippers can go do one

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 9:09pm
I too have sold cabs to arcade club and i am happy that people are getting to enjoy them and i can play them again when me and my kids visit

I dont agree with the forum prices thing though i thought the whole point of us being on here was to enjoy the cabs and keep them running
For furure generations to enjoy
And at the same time sort each other out
With deals on parts ect
To rescue cabs or keep them running

If everyone keeps getting a valuation and then going straight on e bay to sell for the highest price they can get
Because prices are up
Its got to mean less cabs for us lot surely or people getting priced out of the
Hobbie all together

I will still sell my stuff on here for what it owes me regardless

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by robotech robotech wrote:

Just in this for cash

worst song lyrics ever!

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by Flinnster Flinnster wrote:

I think there needs to be some clarity here...

Op = guy who runs an arcade, where the general public pay in some way to play the machines
OP = Original Poster of a forum thread.

So, can we wholesale ban all OPs. That way the Op problem goes away too.
Clear as mud? Embarrassed

OPP = Naughty by nature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idx3GSL2KWs" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idx3GSL2KWs

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 9:23pm

Just in this for cash

worst song lyrics ever!

i dont get it ?

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 9:30pm

Just in this for cash

worst song lyrics ever!

i dont get it ?

haha sorry the paragraph structure looked like a song or poem. (i'm drunk)

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 9:34pm
my writing structure or spelling is not the best tbh

I got the opp one though

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 9:36pm
I can't read anything you write without singing it to myself now... haha

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 9:39pm
There was a young man called Lewis.
Who typed stuff on this forum, but confused us.
Turns out he was p!ssed, but for once he 'fessed up -
...which is a model for the rest of us p1ssheads!

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 9:57pm
I like a good Limerick...

There once was a woman from Clyde

Who fell into an outhouse and died

The next day her brother

fell into the other

And now they're in turd side by side.

-------------

Posted By: moomootown
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 10:19pm
From experience I’ve been second or third in line for stuff a few times and ended up being the buyer.
Not always about being first if you’re a dickhead lol :-)

That my rule - don’t be a dickhead.
So please can we ban dickheads from the forum.

Thanks

(Hopes nobody thinks I’m a dickhead...)

-------------
Wanted: Outrunners full-size UK upright or twin cab / Virtua Cop 1 cab

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 10:40pm
ok just to clarify why i posted this question

i have no problem with ops and people  from the industry who help us on here with their knowledge and expertise and their sales  it helps us all :)

what does concern me is people who dont really contribute to the forum , you only ever here about them when something has been sold :(

That in its self is fine but what you have to remember is , there is only so much of this stuff out there , this will inevitably push prices up like it already has 

All im saying is that this  forum is for collectors and if a massive op keeps hoovering everything up where does that leave the rest of us and ukvac come to that , im sure it will be a great place if you want a lcd cab and a pandoras box before you know it

It bothers me i have to be like this but i have been into arcade  collecting 94/95 and its getting to the point where collecting has become a rich mans game :(

no one is hated more than he who speaks the truth.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 12:09am
Griffo, this is a discussion forum and would be nothing if members did not share their feelings in open forum and at the very least you have made a thought provoking post which is more than most members do.

Many forums die a slow death as they are over moderated or are controlled by a small minority of members who ridicule or abuse when a topic isn't to their liking.

I am confident this forum has neither of the above which allows everyone to have discussions such as this without repercussions.

I can see both sides to your concerns but in a nutshell if something is for sale its for sale and i am confident sellers do not on a whole give a toss what background a buyer is from only they pay up as agreed.

Posted By: IanH
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 12:20am
A proper operator would not sell stuff on a forum very often, selling awop's like videos is easy to do, but selling awp's (like bandits an teddy cranes) is a legal nightmare and needs local council permission to do legally, which is why they usually get skipped its just not worth the time an money, and is probably something I will end up doing next year which will actually break my heart as i really hate skipping stuff. Anybody that's buying old stuff and fitting crts and painting it up is just a dealer, and good luck to them.
We recently sold off a lot of stuff at work through an auction. Which was great as the ridge racers an other bits which I spent hours keeping going will live to see another day and being enjoyed.
Cheers
Ian

Posted By: cosine
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 12:34am
I just spotted this thread, and the others that this clearly relates to. LOL.

-------------
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my sanity the most.

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 1:30am
Originally posted by cosine cosine wrote:

I just spotted this thread, and the others that this clearly relates to. LOL.

yeah... I is an evil Op...  lol

-------------

Posted By: Carvaletingpro
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 1:54am
If the orginal post is about an active operator. #disclaimer, who i have nothing against#. They have saved 2 expensive none working cabs recently likely to be the the last few in known exsistance, with the hope of getting them working again and out on the floor to enjoy.

Yeah sure maybe prices do go up and maybe you did lose out on that cab you wanted. But did an operator lose out when you last scored a bargain.

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 9:53am
We could change the title of this thread to " Are people with far more disposable income than the majority of us now getting into our sport causing a price hike and machine shortage?"

I think this is a fair representation of the current marketplace, its not an "op" issue.

80's retro has been hot property for some time now , retro cabs are more and more viable as a profit centre, an example is  Just seen Debenhams are advertising one in today's paper and we are have all seen these mini dedicated cabs online.

What this is doing is reigniting an interest in people who are now actively looking for a childhood favourite who a year ago never even knew old arcade machines existed.

Good for the people who have cabs in stock as it means we have a residual value to fall back on should we need to sell, its also good for reproduction parts producers as a bigger market means more opportunity.

But its bad if you are on a budget as your budget is no longer viable.

Same happened with other 70's - 80's nostalgia and will keep on happening.
  MK 1 & 2 escorts and other 80's cars -they used to be hundreds each and in a 5 year window now demand many thousands for something the scrap man would turn away.

its not dealers buying these, its the general public with rose tinted glasses on.

Posted By: Milky
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 9:57am
I would have a 205gti 1.9 in a heartbeat.

But this thread is dull as dishwater

-------------
Hmmm...it IS a good game, but it needs more cowboys...

Posted By: AnDyC
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Milky Milky wrote:

I would have a 205gti 1.9 in a heartbeat.

What about a Renault 5 GT turbo 1.9?

-------------
Dont feed the Fcuking trolls

Posted By: nurtuo
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 11:50am

What about a Renault 5 GT turbo 1.9?

Just to be a crashing bore, a Renault 5 GT Turbo was only a 1397cc not 1.9.
It's about the only thing I understand about this pointless bloody thread.

-------------
You're Cool, The Engines Hot, The Girl Is Gorgeous, A Tankful Of Gas And An Open Road......The Rest Is Up To You!

Posted By: AnDyC
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by nurtuo nurtuo wrote:

Just to be a crashing bore, a Renault 5 GT Turbo was only a 1397cc not 1.9.It's about the only thing I understand about this pointless bloody thread.

My bad.

-------------
Dont feed the Fcuking trolls

Posted By: Stickman
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 12:48pm
Best car I ever had electric blue phase 2 1400...turbo lag was astounding you would get a postcard that it was about to kick in is so laggy. They had an anti percolation fan on it to stop the fuel evaporating in the carborator when you stopped because of the heat from the turbo the only problem was they had a tendency to seize up and if had not been modded in the recall with an in-line fuse could catch fire....ahhh the 80’s simple times LOL

Anyway the short time I have been ‘in the game’ prices are going up a lot, supply and demand I guess and if someone is buying them be an Op or joe public it is still keeping cabs going that will ultimately come back on the market.

-------------
Ohh how I wish for these cabs.... Robotron..PacMan..Tron..Gorf..Star Wars..Defender/Stargate

Posted By: Carvaletingpro
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 12:54pm
I loved my rs turbo :)

Posted By: nurtuo
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 1:02pm
At least this thread turned into something interesting.

Before you know it someone will mention one of those wooden boxes that
we all poured money into back in the 70s and  80s.

-------------
You're Cool, The Engines Hot, The Girl Is Gorgeous, A Tankful Of Gas And An Open Road......The Rest Is Up To You!

Posted By: Del Griffith
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by nurtuo nurtuo wrote:

At least this thread turned into something interesting.

Before you know it someone will mention one of those wooden boxes that
we all poured money into back in the 70s and  80s.

You mean Vauxhalls ?

-------------
Wanted street fighter 1 electrocoin cab

Posted By: Kev A
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 4:55pm
We need a retro car thread, bet there is a few members with something interesting tucked away in the garage, unless its full of cabs of course.

Posted By: yorkshire_spam
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 5:58pm
Did someone mention cars?
https://postimg.cc/7GJxfbf6" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Popeye64
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 6:50pm
I was very fond of my S2 Escort RS Turbo until it was stolen from Ikea car park.
Also had a Fiesta RS Turbo, but that gave me nothing but grief.

Posted By: John Bennett
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 7:07pm
Ok, I’ve started a retro car thread
Saves prolonging the agony of this one.

http://www.ukvac.com/forum/topic366932_post1065570.html#1065570" rel="nofollow - http://www.ukvac.com/forum/topic366932_post1065570.html#1065570

-------------
http://www.philwip.com" rel="nofollow - http://www.philwip.com -sibling 'fix-off' (I’m losing by miles).

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 7:17pm
This is what i got in the garage now i cant afford cabs and pcbs LOLLOLLOLLOL

it was full of cabs once upon a time :(

-------------

Posted By: joe34
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 8:22pm
   ST ?!?!?     i prefer Amiga...

Wink

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 8:24pm
LOL now i know you are lying Wink

-------------

Posted By: iamjimmi
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 10:38am
Here's an off the wall idea for next year.... the uk's first retro arcade car rally!

Some nice roads, stopping at some collectors gaffs or arcades. Oooh... rally from Bury AC to the new Leeds club using the A roads across the Pennines!

Posted By: TheDaddy
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by iamjimmi iamjimmi wrote:

Here's an off the wall idea for next year.... the uk's first retro arcade car rally!

Some nice roads, stopping at some collectors gaffs or arcades. Oooh... rally from Bury AC to the new Leeds club using the A roads across the Pennines!

Don't think that's a good idea , We clearly don't like 'OPS' so why should we support them :-).

Dave.

-------------
AKA Wonderboy.

Print Page | Close Window