Forum Name: Auctions & Ebay Stuff
Forum Description: Advertise your auctions
URL: http://www.ukvac.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=367899
Printed Date: 20 Jan 2019 at 1:38am

Topic: 1up arcade £90 BIN
Posted By: Kev A
Subject: 1up arcade £90 BIN
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 9:10am
Not one for the purists but a few members showed interest in these, might be worth it for a diddy Jamma cab conversion for the kids

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rampage-Archade-Machine-Spares-Repairs/303024402079?hash=item468da96e9f:g:074AAOSws~VcNmyc" rel="nofollow - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rampage-Archade-Machine-Spares-Repairs/303024402079?hash=item468da96e9f:g:074AAOSws~VcNmyc

Replies:
Posted By: big10p
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 9:11am
I saw that but it sounds like the  monitor might be duff.

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 9:21am
Yeah sounds like it, from a video I saw the monitor and controls are connected via a ribbon cable, so would be a case of ripping all the internals out and replacing with Pandora's box and pc monitor or something.

Posted By: channel27
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 9:48am
If the LCD panel is OK but the controller board is duff then this could be an option?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09DQCOr6zQM" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09DQCOr6zQM
Shame it's not an SF2 one though for the extra buttons

-------------
Wanted
Tekken: 3, 5DR, 5.1, 6, 6BR, TTT2
Virtua Fighter: 2.1, 3TB, 4, 5
Any working / faulty Sega Model 1/2/3 boards

Posted By: tin
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 10:15am
could be a fuse :)

-------------
This is your crew chief // Yeah, the course is really tough // But it's a beautiful day // So good luck!

Posted By: Nes4life
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 11:21am
I'm actually in Ashford. You think the parts / shell is worth £90 regardless of the monitor working?

-------------
NES4Life
-------------
Owner of ... too many cabs!

Posted By: TheDaddy
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 11:25am
Got to be worth £90 just for cab surely ?? If I was close I would have it :-)

Dave.

-------------
AKA Wonderboy.

Posted By: Sbdesign
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Nes4life Nes4life wrote:

I'm actually in Ashford. You think the parts / shell is worth £90 regardless of the monitor working?

If I could pick up that easy, I'd take it for fun

-------------
WANTED: VIRTUA COP
AWAITING PM

Posted By: virtvic
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 11:47am
Insert it into this-

-------------
THE PENCE IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD!

Check out the podcast

http://tenpencearcade.co.uk

Got cabarets? > CALL ME!

Posted By: TheDaddy
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Nes4life Nes4life wrote:

If you are as skilled as this guy you could convert it real easy :-

I could send you a free Marker pen ??

Dave.

-------------
AKA Wonderboy.

Posted By: stegrey
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 11:58am
Did they sort the problems on gauntlet on these? I seen a vidro where the game wont go past level 31?... I think these would be good for kids partys

-------------
(Current cabs) sega rally twin,OR upright,Or2,Scud race upright,Ridge racer Dlx,Daytona Twin Dlx, New astro city,sega Naomi universal
Pins: TAF WCS94 Batman Forever

Posted By: Flinnster
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 12:50pm
From recent chats with an owner of one, they are basically ikea flat pack in style.
Vinyl art is nicely done, but not 'mint' as you'd expect from a new item.
Yes, ribbon cable into screen.. nobody seems to have documented that part yet.. under the control panel is effectively a pandoras box style pcb, and then the controls.

I'd question if £90 is worth it for the MDF bits and a few sticks/buttons unless you really really love Rampage. I guess if you made it all from scratch, including the vinyl art then yes, you'd likely spend £90. Then again you might do proper t-moulding and internal strengthening too, and another game's artwork and CP layout to make it a bit better.

But yeah, might have been a steal if a numpty simply put it together wrong or snagged the video cable.

-------------

WTD: OutrunDLX, Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Wonderboy pcb
Parts WTD: Naomi wheels, Dino King Door metal clip

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 1:04pm

-------------

Check out the podcast

Got cabarets? > CALL ME!

Posted By: Sbdesign
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Sbdesign Sbdesign wrote:

[QUOTE=Nes4life]I'm actually in Ashford. You think the parts / shell is worth £90 regardless of the monitor working?

If I could pick up that easy, I'd take it for fun
[/QUOTE

then wonder what i'd done and why

-------------
WANTED: VIRTUA COP
AWAITING PM

Posted By: penrhos
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 1:18pm
There's a YouTube vid on how to convert one to run retropi...

That'd make it a bit more palatable. 

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 1:27pm
Following the majority of the advice here I won't be buying this. I think I can hear a sigh of relief!
Also... why do I even want this when I have 8 other machines in my room crying out for attention?! A wave of madness struck I think; but I've dodged a bullet thanks to the 'VAC.

-------------
NES4Life
-------------

Posted By: aeroflott
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 1:29pm
I'm tempted to buy it and dump it on Vic's lawn overnight.

-------------
http://www.arcadeblogger.com" rel="nofollow - arcadeblogger.com

Posted By: kidyamlo
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by aeroflott aeroflott wrote:

I'm tempted to buy it and dump it on Vic's lawn overnight.

Will you leave the arcade machine there too?

-------------
Read: https://bit.ly/2AJEpV7 / Wanted: Pole Position 2 Irish dedicated mini (preferably a project, but anything considered); Sigma Spiders cabaret

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by penrhos penrhos wrote:

There's a YouTube vid on how to convert one to run retropi...

That'd make it a bit more palatable. 

Just seen it.. aha.. he uses an HDMI to LCD convertor board. Bet that's not exactly cheap.
Then USB joystick encoders, and a separate sound amp, and the pi itself of course.
Suddenly your £90 pickup is a £200 cab.. and that's only if the screen is still working.
Risky Wink

-------------

Posted By: Milky
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 3:30pm
The ribbon cable comes loose if you move the cab around, wonder if the seller checked that.

Also: warranty fix. They only went on sale in the UK in November.

-------------
Hmmm...it IS a good game, but it needs more cowboys...

Posted By: trev1976
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 4:02pm
I actually don't think they are as bad as everyone makes out. Perfect for someone's game room who's not really tech savy.

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 5:05pm
Someone's grabbed it.....

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 5:18pm
Not I

-------------
NES4Life
-------------

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 5:27pm
Tony T bought it. I'm waiting for it to land on my dtiveway.

Reminds me, I must fill that petrol can and buy some matches on the way home tonight.

-------------

Check out the podcast

Got cabarets? > CALL ME!

Posted By: digweed
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by virtvic virtvic wrote:

Tony T bought it. I'm waiting for it to land on my dtiveway.

Reminds me, I must fill that petrol can and buy some matches on the way home tonight.

LOL

-------------
Wanted: Naomi Naomi Naomi spares, everything considered :)

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 5:38pm
If it'd been closer I'd have bought it for that price, might be a quick fix and stick back on eBay for a bit of profit.

Posted By: mysticmonk
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 5:43pm
Im not mad about these. If there was some convenient way to get a crt into them Id be far more interested, but at the end of the day its just a wooden box with a small lcd and raspberry-pi thingy in them. I always say the same thing, once you take that step away from the real hardware youre getting closer and closer to just playing the games on a browser with your phone for free, meh!

Same vibe with these multi-boards like cps darksoft or whatever. Convenient and cheaper, but just not the real deal.

Gamestop was selling them off here at 200 euro here before Christmas, wasn't even tempted at that price. Might still be that price, I don't know.

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by mysticmonk mysticmonk wrote:

Same vibe with these multi-boards like cps darksoft or whatever. Convenient and cheaper, but just not the real deal.

I think you'll find that Darksoft's Multi's play exactly like the original games once you've loaded the image.

especially the CPS3 multi.

Posted By: bonehead
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 6:03pm
Someone saved me buying it. Just been to parents evening and was hovering buying it before I went in.
Got into the school and had no signal.
Was well worth the money even if you converted it to Jamma and remade the control panel.

I spoke to the owner and apparently the screen worked bjt the game wasn’t playing so after fiddling with the the screen went off. Could have been an easy fix.
Which I hadn’t thought about it and hit buy it now!!!

-------------
Always looking for a bargain.
Wanted., bezerk, mad planets.

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by penrhos penrhos wrote:

Originally posted by mysticmonk mysticmonk wrote:

I think you'll find that Darksoft's Multi's play exactly like the original games once you've loaded the image.

especially the CPS3 multi.

Well that's it, isn't it? They might play exactly LIKE the originals, but they aren't the originals. Ive seen those darksoft boards for sale on ebay for 6 and 700 quid, or I could just play them on mame for free. Its like a no-mans land, buying original, hacked hardware only to end up downloading games onto it...

The idea rubs me the wrong way in general, just not for me :)

Posted By: stegrey
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 6:48pm
The good thing about these cabs.. The price new isnt so bad so people will buy them instead of all the overpriced home made ones on ebay

-------------
(Current cabs) sega rally twin,OR upright,Or2,Scud race upright,Ridge racer Dlx,Daytona Twin Dlx, New astro city,sega Naomi universal
Pins: TAF WCS94 Batman Forever

Posted By: Candyman
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 3:18am
Overrated crap... It's the artwork that sells these things... Under that artwork, its just a vaguely designed wooden cab, no style at all, just bog standard basic design( like a modern kitchen lol ) ... at least the other crap ones on ebay have some degree of style in the design..

Seems people will buy almost anything along the lines of these things so long as the artwork looks nice (the more colourful the artwork the more they charge, looks like)......Jeez, dont get me started on those bartops on ebay, looks like people are happy drop half a grand or more on something with colourful stickers and some chrome T moulding.

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 9:54am
Gotta be honest, I don't mind these things, they don't compare to a proper arcade cab, but my cabs are all in the garage and its too cold to play at the moment. I could probably get away with sneaking one of these into the house to play with the kids, although the RRP of £400 was ridiculous, if they start changing hands for £100 odd I might pick one up to mess around with.

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 10:19am
Not sure why people get so worked up over these. As I see it, they're for kids and allow their Dads to indulge in a bit of nostalgia. Not really aimed at collectors.

BTW, there's a 2nd wave of these coming soon, which include bartops, wall-mounted units, and a cocktail version is in development. Shocked LOL

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 11:03am
" https://www.arcade1up.com/" rel="nofollow - Arcade 1UP has announced a whole new batch of arcade machines for 2019 – with some heavy-hitters in the lineup. A Final Fight cabinet will feature not only the arcade classic beat’em up, but also Strider, 1944, and Ghosts ‘n Goblins. A Space Invaders cabinet will feature both color and black and white versions of the game. A Golden Tee cabinet will give you Golden Tee ’98, ’99, ‘2K, and Classic ’01. A Mortal Kombat cabinet gets you the first three Mortal Kombat games – but not Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, which is a bit odd. Finally, a Karate Champ cabinet gets you that game alongside Karate Champ, Bad Dudes, Burger Time, and Caveman Ninja. The Final Fight and Space Invaders cabinets will come out in February, while Golden Tee is out in June, and the Mortal Kombat and Karate Champ cabinets will be out in September."

Have to say, I know these are just aimed as high end toys, but if they flood the market like they are dreaming, these will be £99 new and £50 2nd hand everywhere...

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 11:10am
They're also going to be selling those stools pictured, in 2 different heights.

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 11:14am
Along with the more 'classic' variants the fighting game cocktail is a 12-in-1 cab featuring both snk + capcom stuff.
The TATE layout has me confused though....

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 11:20am
Wow. Just wow. This company really are awful. Shoddy designs and look like they're getting worse.
Who the f**k plays fighting games head to head on a vertical cocktail cab like that?

I think their products being out on clearance prices so soon says it all.

I doubt you'll ever see half of those 'machines'

-------------

Check out the podcast

Got cabarets? > CALL ME!

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 11:24am
You'll still get the DigDug bartop tho LOL

They are churning that license handle rather hard, and kinda just copying whats out there on ebay already .. but yeah, not a lot of soul, rather a lot of cash-in.

-------------

Posted By: jinq-sea
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 11:32am
I'm still chuckling about them selling 'stools'. Well done, Flinnster :)

Posted By: tin
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 11:33am
Originally posted by Kev A Kev A wrote:

Gotta be honest, I don't mind these things, they don't compare to a proper arcade cab, but my cabs are all in the garage and its too cold to play at the moment. I could probably get away with sneaking one of these into the house to play with the kids, although the RRP of £400 was ridiculous, if they start changing hands for £100 odd I might pick one up to mess around with.

Got to agree on all points. Worth a punt to stash in a small corner of the gaff for £100. But that's all.

-------------
This is your crew chief // Yeah, the course is really tough // But it's a beautiful day // So good luck!

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 11:51am
Dads are going to lap up the Golden Tee version, pretending to the missus they got it for the kids. LOL

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 11:59am
"But ALL KIDS love Golf!" LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 12:01pm
LOL

Posted By: John Bennett
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 12:08pm
The cabinet photo messes with my head. I can think of a room that would suit it though.

-------------
http://www.philwip.com" rel="nofollow - http://www.philwip.com -sibling 'fix-off' (I’m losing by miles).

Posted By: stevebm1
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 12:39pm
when I saw these cabs on sale in the states last year,people were bending down on their knees to play them,with their kids

-------------
====WANTED====
Vector pinball plastics

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 1:17pm
So where are these selling at clearance prices?
Cheapest I have seen so far is £400.

-------------

Posted By: Equites
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by bonehead bonehead wrote:

You don't want one Steve, you've got the dedicated cabs!

Save your money.

-------------
Atari PCB's (and most non-Atari), AR2's, Vector Deflection/HV boards repaired & refurbished.
Wanted: Non-working Atari PCBs.

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 1:27pm
The only place I've heard of them being at clearance prices is Walmart in the States. Then you read somewhere else that other places are sold out due to high demand?!

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by bonehead bonehead wrote:

They were 200 euro in gamestop Ireland in the run up to Christmas. Might still be, if I'm passing one later I might ask out of curiosity

Posted By: JonTron
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 2:01pm
Just looked and yes the Atari Asteroids 1up is €179 at GameStop Ireland. The Asteroids one is the only one I would be interested in but only as a conversion base and not at that price even.

-------------
http://www.ukvac.com/forum/space-fever-cocktail-project_topic355306.html" rel="nofollow - Space Fever
http://www.ukvac.com/forum/nichibutsu-project-cab_topic359878.html" rel="nofollow - Nichibutsu Moon Alien

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 2:03pm
Can we get them at that price over here?
I wonder if they would deliver as they are flat pack.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 2:08pm
I doubt it, but you never know. We have weird pricing on things in ireland sometimes. They'll probably just redirect you to gamestop uk

Posted By: stevebm1
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by big10p big10p wrote:

The only place I've heard of them being at clearance prices is Walmart in the States. Then you read somewhere else that other places are sold out due to high demand?!

it was walmart I saw them in whilst were in Tennessee 

-------------
====WANTED====
Vector pinball plastics

Print Page | Close Window