Print Page | Close Window

Gradius cabinet?

Printed From: ukVac.com
Category: Technical
Forum Name: Artwork and Restorations
Forum Description: Arcade related artwork & place to show or get help with restorations
URL: http://www.ukvac.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=367915
Printed Date: 26 Mar 2019 at 12:59pm

Topic: Gradius cabinet?
Posted By: mysticmonk
Subject: Gradius cabinet?
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 11:06pm
I figured this was the best place to ask. Was there an official Konami cabinet for this game in uk/ireland/europe?

I can see some examples on American websites, but they were probably North American only. Or perhaps same?

Thanks!

Replies:
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 2:15pm
Nemesis, of course, here. For ages I was convinced Konami aliens was a dedicated (turns out it wasn't, just an elaborate kit)

Same thing for this game? Kit/semi-dedicated/dedicated?

Posted By: frothmeister
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 2:57pm
It was licensed to Electrocoin in the UK I believe and normally in a Goliath cabinet with just a Nemesis marquee. 

Just a standard one though, not like the 'dedicated' one with different cabinet and side art, marquee and a cpo that Salamander came with not long afterwards.

Posted By: Alpha1
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 3:02pm
There is a dedicated Nemesis cab - I would never have believed it though. Not sure if it is Japanese or US based.

-------------
Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

Posted By: Alpha1
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 3:04pm

-------------
Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

Posted By: stevebm1
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 3:11pm
that cab looks like it's been dipped in a river!

-------------
====WANTED====
Vector pinball plastics

Posted By: Body pop
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 3:24pm
Yes there’s one in galloping ghosts arcade
There was one on Facebook recently too
I never new they existed either

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 3:27pm
From other sources I believe it was electrocoin, as said above. The other pictures are of the north American cabinet (I think). My mind may be playing tricks with me, but that American CPO may be the one ive seen?? Cabinet are bunched so cant see sideart.

But its always worth throwing questions out to the wild, you never know whos sitting on some bizarre one-of-kind dedicated Ireland/UK cabinet!

On a sidenote (and again, using different sources), it would be really useful, and interesting, to see a full list of what electrocoin were up to with all these licenced cabinets and games. Salamander is a good example. Maybe that information is already posted somewhere here?

Print Page | Close Window