Forum Name: Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
Forum Description: Need Help? Ask Here
URL: http://www.ukvac.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=368514
Printed Date: 23 Aug 2019 at 9:33pm

Topic: Kortek KTH F20 Pincushion and brightness
Posted By: Kev A
Subject: Kortek KTH F20 Pincushion and brightness
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 9:58am
Anyone got any ideas how to adjust the pincushion on one of these monitors???

its a fair bit out at the moment but I cant see anywhere to adjust it. Its also a little bit on the dim side, have replaced the Flyback but even with the screen pot all the way up it could do with being just a touch brighter, could just be an old tube I guess, so may have to live with that.

Replies:
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 11:38am
Chassis looks like this....

Posted By: gunblade
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 11:46am
 it does not have pincushion pot, so either you have an extremely odd fault or its on the wrong type of tube- what size tube do you have it on?

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 11:51am
19" Orion 510UDB22-TCXX, from what I can tell from the power connector in the cab it may have originally had a Hantarex chassis

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 12:44pm
have done the caps?

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 1:25pm
Not yet, I have most of the smaller ones, but need to get some of the bigger ones as there doesn't seem to be an off the shelf kit. are there any in particular that might affect cushion and brightness?

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 1:28pm
could be any

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 1:36pm
Ok matey, will press ahead and get the caps changed, do you think its ok to run this chassis with this tube long term? If the caps don't fix the issues I can live with it, but don't want to damage anything.

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 1:44pm
if it was an issue you would see worse problems

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 2:53pm
Ah ok that's a relief, it looks like it has been like that many years. will crack on with the cap kit and see how I get on, thanks for your advice.

Posted By: M K L
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Kev A Kev A wrote:

19" Orion 510UDB22-TCXX, from what I can tell from the power connector in the cab it may have originally had a Hantarex chassis

The Hantarex MTC900E and MTC9000 needed the pincushion board when used with this tube (there should be a label with this info on it) but the Kortek chassis doesn't have one.

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 9:51pm
Hummm I didnt see a sticker but I think at some point an op has just stuck the kortek in there the hantarex style power plug is still in the cab so im sure it had a Hantarex of some kind at some point

Posted By: M K L
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 10:27am

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 10:47am
Ah I don't have a sticker, but I think I can see where it used to be, seems to be a trace of some glue, I'm sure you are right. may just have to live with it.

Print Page | Close Window