Print Page | Close Window

Analogue CMVS Neogeo

Printed From: ukVac.com
Category: Trading Post
Forum Name: Valuations
Forum Description: Something to sell? Need a price?
URL: http://www.ukvac.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=371431
Printed Date: 18 Nov 2019 at 5:59am

Topic: Analogue CMVS Neogeo
Posted By: zoopster
Subject: Analogue CMVS Neogeo
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 9:30am
Bit of a tricky one to value due to hens teeth status but looking to get some opinions.

It’s an Analogue CMVS (ash rather than black wood) with one wooden controller; one OG neogeo MVS controller and a 161 in 1 multicart. The CMVS is in really good condition and looks gorgeous. No box.

Only considering selling as I don’t play many games on it and I recklessly just purchased another CRT for vertical games.

Thanks
John

Replies:
Posted By: Amb47uk
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 10:44am
I've seen these analogue CMVS multiple times for £600-£800 range on ebay over the last couple of years pal. (Base console and controller that is)

161 in 1 - £35
Not sure what you mean by OG MVS controller. If you mean OG AES controller. - £50-60

Posted By: Monkeykong1
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 11:55am
I sold mine for £630 posted with one official wooden contoller and one original Neo geo contoller and a 161 multi cart.

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 11:57am
actually just realised you brought it off me and it hasnt gone up in value.

Posted By: neo-geo-mvs
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Monkeykong1 Monkeykong1 wrote:

actually just realised you brought it off me and it hasnt gone up in value.

LOL

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 12:25pm
Your answer right here

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 7:03am
Up for sale. And yes the price is higher than what I originally purchased it for. It's gorgeous so I make no bones about the price! 

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 8:34am
I think its a bit cheeky you bought it from a member here less than a year ago at a forum friendly price, now you want to sell it for £170 (25%) more back to the same community.

But hey ho.

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 9:19am
It’s really cheeky, he tried to get it as low as £600. I eventually accepted £630 posted due to a lack of a scart cable.

I only went that low as it was going to be loved, treasured pride of place.

Now it’s back at £800. Maybe if anyone offers £600 he’ll accept as that’s what others are expected to do.

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 9:41am
First off no one is being forced to buy the console. I did negotiate a good price at the time of buying but it was bought in good faith and has been pride of place. BUT the reality is that I didn't use the console much. 

Also we all know that is this was listed on ebay - and not the forum - it would sell for more than the offered price. 

Finally, it clearly states open to offers. I'm expecting someone to negotiate. This isn't John Lewis!

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 9:51am
Bad form my friend. If you bought for a forum friendly price then you should sell at the same price on here imo.

If you want to make a quick buck, put on ebay without making it obvious it's the same one.

I personally would have offered it on here for £630. If nobody wanted after a few weeks, put on ebay for £1000 with best offer. Fair game then

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 9:53am
Monkeykong1 I would delete your posts on the for sale section if I was you. Don't want to get banned.

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 10:25am
Well I offered him £630 as I wouldn’t mind it back but, he wants 750

Posted By: steling1
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 3:18pm
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Analogue-CMVS-Slim-NeoGeo-Console-with-Wood-Controller-and-161-1-Cartridge/264393608264?hash=item3d8f164c48:g:8kgAAOSw0h1dJbiZ" rel="nofollow - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Analogue-CMVS-Slim-NeoGeo-Console-with-Wood-Controller-and-161-1-Cartridge/264393608264?hash=item3d8f164c48:g:8kgAAOSw0h1dJbiZ

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 3:55pm
That will teach you to be generous and kind to strangers on the internet wont it Monkeykong1!

In all seriousness it absolutely blows OP that you wouldn't sell it back to him for the price you bought it at - less than year ago!

This community stops working if everyone behaves just like you.

BTW Make sure you add yourself a special 25% premium (on top) if you ever consider buying something from me.

Posted By: Kriseric
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 5:45pm

Who knew the stock market for wooden Neo Geos was so volatile? LOL

But seriously, flipping is bad and hurts communities like this one.

-------------
Looking for MVS carts: Thrash Rally, Stakes Winner 2, Spinmaster

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 6:18pm
Flipping is when something is done deliberately. That was not the case here. Although my understanding is that it has been known to happen with cabs thus the obvious sensitivity.

The error for want of a better word was to resell on UKVAC so soon after the initial purchase at a higher price.

Now if someone can led me a bull whip I’ll flagellate myself down the street for a few hours!

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 8:03pm
Just saying, if it wasn't deliberate, you could have sold it back to him when he offered.

Instead you asked for £120 more from the same guy who generously sold you it.

What goes around comes around buddy.

Posted By: robotech
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 10:27pm

-------------
Daytonaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lets go away

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 11:00pm
The only reason to sell was to raise enough cash to cover other purchases. I need to raise around 750 which is what I said I would accept under the offer clause.

Anyway let’s draw a line under it. No laws we’re broken and no puppies were killed.

Posted By: digweed
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 6:36am
Originally posted by zoopster zoopster wrote:

The only reason to sell was to raise enough cash to cover other purchases. I need to raise around 750 which is what I said I would accept under the offer clause.

Anyway let’s draw a line under it. No laws we’re broken and no puppies were killed.

Um yeah okay why not. I value it at £600 LOL

-------------
Wanted: Space

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 7:41am
I vote Natural Law Party

Posted By: Retroman839
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 8:18am
I bought centipede for £100
Screen has fault
Pcb has
faulty

Tack ball needs
Replacing

Not from a vac member I bought it from eBay.

It sounds harsh but I want
To sell it for as much as I can get.
I bought it and traveld a long way took a day of work to get it.
And so did a friend.
The money I receive when I do eventually sell it maybe not for years,
And I plan on fixing it first.
But the funds will be going into another cab and a good chance to another vac member as i will be reinvesting
In another cab.    

I’m flipping yes
But only really slowly and really enjoying my centipede.
But when the time is right.. and I sell it will be to another arcade
Owners gain. Thus this is the circle of arcade life...
I find it hard to believe that anyone who sees something for sale for a good price
Should refuse the sale on grounds of ridicule?
The seller chooses sale price- it is nice when something goes to someone who will love and cherish and
Much happiness comes from playing it. And I agree profit can be ugly but I think it’s what is the profit going to be used for that ultimately counts ? If I can find anothe broken cab and use the funds to fix it and put it working back out into the wild, arcade cafe surly that is a good cause..   hey eventually I do not have the money to keep doing this self employed struggle to pay rent ( and I spend way more than I care to share fixing arcade ) loosing money left right and center.....    blowing chassi - pcb repairs that don’t even fix the prob we’ve all been there because we love the hobby.....   fuel for travels... long pick ups...
My point is to other flippers like me that carry the stigmata - re invest it like me into the restoration of original cabs..
And keep the flame burning....    my point is when people jumped all over giving me a dressing down when I wanted to sell for profit... I think it’s what we do with the money that really counts..
Fair enough if I take it out of the restoration program but if not I’m just self funding my own arcade restoration program

Posted By: Zipper
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 9:45am
Buying a cheap Centipede from ebay with faulty screen / pcb / controls, fixing it up and selling for what it's worth is the opposite to flipping. It's restoration of a classic and is God's work.

Posted By: John Bennett
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 10:07am
Not fixing it and then trying to sell it for £1800 would be the work of someone with the stigmata though.

-------------
http://www.philwip.com" rel="nofollow - http://www.philwip.com -sibling 'fix-off' (I’m losing by miles).

Posted By: neoretro
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 10:18am
I’m not accusing anyone of being a flipper but wouldn’t a good solution to the problem of it happening be to list the names of people who do it in a flipper thread.

Then sellers can make an informed decision as to whether to sell to them with the knowledge it is likely to be turned for a profit.

Also buyers could avoid buying from them to discourage the act.

Posted By: _Matt_
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 10:32am
Originally posted by John Bennett John Bennett wrote:

Not fixing it and then trying to sell it for £1800 would be the work of someone with the stigmata though.

Posted By: Body pop
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 11:26am
Slightly delusional explanation of the centipede flip ,never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Posted By: mozie
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 1:12pm
Just do what so many others on here do and use eBay for flipping and stop selling on the forums altogether I’ve seen so many boards bought here and reappear on eBay sometimes in as little as a couple of weeks for £££ .. there was regulars who always sold there stuff on here but haven’t listed anything in months. I suspect it’s because they are looking for top dollar or else they fear someone else will buy and do the same, it’s a vicious circle but as said earlier eBay is where you go if your looking for profits, forum is where you go to help others out and share your love of the hobby, no place for the money men on a hobbyist forum like this but unfortunately impossible to prevent them coming on here either.

Posted By: ZedEx48K
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by neo-geo-mvs neo-geo-mvs wrote:

Monkeykong1 I would delete your posts on the for sale section if I was you. Don't want to get banned.

Oh look, the sh*t stirrer is opening his mouth, shame you don't get banned!!

The item is the sellers and his to do as he wishes, he's had it a year by the looks of it and they may have gone up in price, the original seller was content with the offer at the end of the day.

Stop ruining this place and STFU!Ouch

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by ZedEx48K ZedEx48K wrote:

Originally posted by neo-geo-mvs neo-geo-mvs wrote:

Oh look, the sh*t stirrer is opening his mouth, shame you don't get banned!!

The item is the sellers and his to do as he wishes, he's had it a year by the looks of it and they may have gone up in price, the original seller was content with the offer at the end of the day.

Stop ruining this place and STFU!Ouch

Grow up.

I was giving Clive some advice so he wouldn't get a warning/ban.

I've not made any comments on a sales thread since Milky asked despite what's still going on with the same sellers (not OP).

John's (OP) a good guy imo and has his reasons for the sale/price

Posted By: Monstermug
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 5:20pm
Can't seem to find the MJ popcorn gif link anymore Ouch

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Monstermug Monstermug wrote:

Lol, not going to get involved so no more drama

Posted By: Flinnster
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Monstermug Monstermug wrote:

-------------

WTD: Outrun DLX(yes REALLY!), Rolling Thunder, PacMania
Parts WTD: Any Dino King / LnB / MushiKing Spare Parts!

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 11:13am
http://https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Analogue-CMVS-Slim-NeoGeo-Console-with-Wood-Controller-and-161-1-Cartridge/264393608264?hash=item3d8f164c48:g:8kgAAOSw0h1dJbiZ&autorefresh=true" rel="nofollow - http://https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Analogue-CMVS-Slim-NeoGeo-Console-with-Wood-Controller-and-161-1-Cartridge/264393608264?hash=item3d8f164c48:g:8kgAAOSw0h1dJbiZ&autorefresh=true

Posted By: Mark H
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 9:24pm
Watch out for woodworn too.

I'll stick with my original black "plastic" one !!!

-------------
"The Future Is Now"

Posted By: Mark H
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 9:25pm
woodworm...I meant !

-------------
"The Future Is Now"

Posted By: DaytimeDreamer
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 9:54pm
John (Zoopster) is a very cool guy and I've done deals with him many times in the past. He usually sells his stuff much cheaper than the market value. Just something to consider since I've dealt with him many times in the past and he's been a real gent and professional when doing business with him.

Posted By: tyke
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by DaytimeDreamer DaytimeDreamer wrote:

John (Zoopster) is a very cool guy and I've done deals with him many times in the past. He usually sells his stuff much cheaper than the market value. Just something to consider since I've dealt with him many times in the past and he's been a real gent and professional when doing business with him.

I can echo that statement John is a top geezer, we've bought and sold off each other for years. Fair play I say, that original deal was a year ago and like it or not everything retro is going north at a crazy pace!

Posted By: digweed
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 7:28am
Originally posted by Monkeykong1 Monkeykong1 wrote:

It’s really cheeky, he tried to get it as low as £600. I eventually accepted £630 posted due to a lack of a scart cable.

I only went that low as it was going to be loved, treasured pride of place.

Now it’s back at £800. Maybe if anyone offers £600 he’ll accept as that’s what others are expected to do.

Finished on £862!!! I wouldn't be happy paying that price, in fact I would rather put my money into a dedicated cab or something. A wooden box more expensive than a coffin Tongue

-------------
Wanted: Space

Print Page | Close Window