Forum Name: General Arcade Discussion
Forum Description: All General Arcade Chat here
URL: http://www.ukvac.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=375984
Printed Date: 03 Apr 2020 at 10:42am

Topic: Is Martin still driving about
Posted By: antray84
Subject: Is Martin still driving about
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 10:17am
Purely out of curiosity. I don't care how long my cabs take to come. I am just wondering if anyone knows if Martin is still moving about?

Just wondering how people are getting along with cabs being in limbo between owners?

-------------
Big Apple 3am

Replies:
Posted By: ChrisN
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 10:24am
He picked up a cab from me last week so he was still around last week - but based on everything going on at the moment I guess we need to take things a week at a time at the moment!

-------------
You have sustained a lethal injury. Sorry, but you are finished here

Posted By: TheDaddy
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 10:26am
Not if he is sensible ! Its time to stay in and wait it out , Those who choose to go out when they don't need to are just making things worse !!!!

Dave.

-------------
AKA Wonderboy. If there is such a thing as reincarnation , knowing my luck , I will come back as me !!

Posted By: SUPERSPRINT
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 10:40am
There are police checks going on now so unless he can prove the delivery of an asteroids is essential he will be fined.
Better to get it over and done now than drag it out for months and months.

Posted By: John Bennett
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 11:09am
Originally posted by TheDaddy TheDaddy wrote:

Not if he is sensible ! Its time to stay in and wait it out , Those who choose to go out when they don't need to are just making things worse !!!!

Dave.

A month or more with no income will destroy some people - I think this needs to be sorted as a priority.

-------------
http://www.philwip.com" rel="nofollow - http://www.philwip.com -sibling 'fix-off' (I’m losing by miles).

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 11:33am
I thought the government where paying up to 80% of wages , Including self employed ? Not 100% as not self employed anymore (Thank God). Yej I agree if not everyone is screwed !

Dave.

-------------
AKA Wonderboy. If there is such a thing as reincarnation , knowing my luck , I will come back as me !!

Posted By: J69
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 11:36am
Self employed people aren't part of the 80% wages so far. So if Martin isn't working then I'd imagine Martin isn't able to pay his mortgage

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 11:37am
Self employed being clarified today. For example, I'm self employed it my wage changes monthly depending on work, so how do you regulate how much I recieve?

-------------
Big Apple 3am

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 11:40am
It’s will based on average annual wages, based on your tax return

Posted By: Sbdesign
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 11:41am
Originally posted by J69 J69 wrote:

Self employed people aren't part of the 80% wages so far. So if Martin isn't working then I'd imagine Martin isn't able to pay his mortgage

3 months break available

-------------
WANTED: VIRTUA COP 1 / F355 2 pcb / Point Blank 3 / Silverline 26 / Super Megalo Marquee

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 11:43am
Originally posted by antray84 antray84 wrote:

Self employed being clarified today. For example, I'm self employed it my wage changes monthly depending on work, so how do you regulate how much I recieve?

Needs fast tracking.

You can freeze you mortgage for 3 months as well.

Dave.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 11:44am
Originally posted by SUPERSPRINT SUPERSPRINT wrote:

There are police checks going on now so unless he can prove the delivery of an asteroids is essential he will be fined.
Better to get it over and done now than drag it out for months and months.

If it is necessary (only shops (because of crowds) have to shut that are not "essential" ) and you can not do it from home - it is allowed.

I could be wrong, and not here to argue,  Many news sites are in fact mis quoting what Boris said.

-------------
WANTED: VIRTUA COP 1 / F355 2 pcb / Point Blank 3 / Silverline 26 / Super Megalo Marquee

Posted By: Robbiedog
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 11:55am
You can go out for food/medicine, once a day to exercise, to check on vulnerable people and for essential work.

That's it, anything else can be fined or what not.

I'm self employed, talk of £98 a week, jesus that's half a day's wages I would be screwed.

-------------
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I am blaming you.

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by Sbdesign Sbdesign wrote:

Originally posted by J69 J69 wrote:

3 months break available

Is the same available for:

Van payment
Gas
Electric
Food shopping
Council tax
Phone line
Broadband
Mobile phone bill
Water rates

Etc. Because the £98 a week the self employed can currently apply for would just about cover my gas, electric and council tax.

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 12:05pm
FWIW I’m not saying Martin should be working. Just that the government aren’t exactly making it easy for people to abide by the lockdown

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by Robbiedog Robbiedog wrote:

You can go out for food/medicine, once a day to exercise, to check on vulnerable people and for essential work.
That's it, anything else can be fined or what not.
I'm self employed, talk of £98 a week, jesus that's half a day's wages I would be screwed.

I think people are maybe confused because..
The word necessary is so open, it does need more clarification.   
If I wish to buy a car today, it would be nessasary for a car garage to be open.   Now I know it doesn't mean that, but just saying... its unclear and businesses are struggling to understand.

Sports direct want to open because it is essential to provide trainers to al the new runners!
Its a non-essential retail shop.  

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 12:26pm
I work on the technical side of ITN News at Ten. So I am still allowed in London to get the news on air every night. But I still think more needs to be done here as it is still too busy on public transport and people wandering around with no purpose. Really hoping it's just London though an not the rest of the UK.

Anyway maybe best to close this as it is going to get rather political otherwise. Just wondered if anyone had any contact with Martin. 

Hope everyone is doing ok and staying as safe as possible. It will get better. 

Life is currently Ghouls n Ghosts second wave World Roms, but it will be Turtles in Time on Free-play again at some point.

-------------
Big Apple 3am

Posted By: RygarR
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by Sbdesign Sbdesign wrote:

boris was good

Erm, last week Boris implied he'd shaken hands with Coronavirus patients, then he talked about 'herd immunity' (coz we're all sheeples), then that it'd blow over in 12 weeks and we should take it on the chin, then he said that there was no need for a lockdown. Now we have a partial lockdown. My guess is that big cities will see an even tighter clampdown later in the week.

Don't waste your time trying to find 'loopholes' in the rules, they'll chage soon anyway. Just be sensible and stay safe. Being hygeinic and staying away from other people as much as possible is all you can do.

Posted By: RaveN
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 1:07pm
"The word necessary is so open, it does need more clarification.   
If I wish to buy a car today, it would be nessasary for a car garage to be open.   Now I know it doesn't mean that, but just saying... its unclear and businesses are struggling to understand.

Sports direct want to open because it is essential to provide trainers to al the new runners!"
------------

That's exactly it.  The issue is the ambiguity with the word "essential" or "absolutely necessary" to which Gove on Radio4 this morning fumbled trying to clarify.

The other issue is that employers have seized on it to declare that anyone that can't work remotely is now carrying out work that is "essential".

Building sites, plumbers, electricians etc are apparently all allowed to work.  My work deems my job as essential enough to carry on, which believe it or not involves visiting 3+ doctors surgeries/hospitals a day (can you even think of any better way than that to spread a virus?)

The issue with the government is the lack of proper guidelines.  For example how is my partner's school supposed to function when they're on the verge of bankruptcy, having to lay off 12 staff (from a pool of 40), and yet as of this morning they had no idea how many children of key workers they would receive or how many staff they would require.
To top it all off, they were broken into at the weekend and all of the food out of 4 industrial freezers was stolen. 
No government guidance or assistance for them.

-------------
Welcome to bonus stage.

Posted By: neoretro
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 1:09pm
As of yesterday he was still moving.

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 1:23pm
Jeese I seem to have started another war !! Lol oops !

Dave.

P.S I am working from home is my boss going to pay my broadband, Gas & Electric why I am here ??

-------------

Posted By: terminator2k2
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 1:37pm
This 80% wage from the government isn't even in place to help small businesses, The place i work at closes today with full pay for 2 weeks then 80% until all cash is gone from the bank after that its bankruptcy unless the government has this 80% in place. The company have told us 2 weeks Max without a government help, then redundancy.

Posted By: urbanledge
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 3:16pm

Dave.

P.S I am working from home is my boss going to pay my broadband, Gas & Electric why I am here ??

Your gas & electric will be the least of your concerns in the next 3/4 weeks.

Posted By: neo-geo-mvs
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by urbanledge urbanledge wrote:

Dave.

Your gas & electric will be the least of your concerns in the next 3/4 weeks.

No bog roll...

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 4:13pm
Wiping my ass on leaves at the minute , Nothing else to use !

Dave.

-------------

Posted By: aztecca
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by terminator2k2 terminator2k2 wrote:

This 80% wage from the government isn't even in place to help small businesses, The place i work at closes today with full pay for 2 weeks then 80% until all cash is gone from the bank after that its bankruptcy unless the government has this 80% in place. The company have told us 2 weeks Max without a government help, then redundancy.

Same here for me I work for a small manufacturing company.(About 29 people)We were sent home yesterday with 2 weeks Half pay.After that God knows.The boss couldn't get any Info about the 80% from the government.So is paying us the 50% out of his own pocket.It was either that or star sick pay of £94 a week.Not looking good.

Posted By: bonehead
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 6:41pm
I’m still at work as the guidelines are so blurry.
All companies are saying it’s an essential job which mine isn’t!!!!

We need more clarification.
Only much time I saw 3 decorators vans painting the front of a house, how is that important? They should be fined!!!
Crazy.

-------------
Always looking for a bargain.
Wanted., Mad Planets.

Posted By: Mykill
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 6:53pm
A three months break on a mortgage will cost upwards or 10000 -20000 lower end of scale.
I use them a before I sell a house , how long will it push your mortgage out
Someone gonna make a lot of money .

-------------
Don't touch the red wire

Posted By: smf
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 6:53pm

I don't think the police have the manpower or appetite to fine everyone, or possibly anyone.

Supposedly they are going to have a friendly word with anyone breaking the rules and see what happens.

The 80% scheme isn't going to happen quickly....

How to access the scheme

You will need to:

• designate affected employees as ‘furloughed workers,’ and notify your employees of this change - changing the status of employees remains subject to existing employment law and, depending on the employment contract, may be subject to negotiation
  • submit information to HMRC about the employees that have been furloughed and their earnings through a new online portal (HMRC will set out further details on the information required)

HMRC will reimburse 80% of furloughed workers wage costs, up to a cap of £2,500 per month. HMRC are working urgently to set up a system for reimbursement. Existing systems are not set up to facilitate payments to employers.

If your business needs short term cash flow support, you may be eligible for a  https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19/covid-19-support-for-businesses#support-for-businesses-through-the-coronavirus-business-interruption-loan-scheme" rel="nofollow - Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan .

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 7:06pm
I took it all as...
not just "essential business" but all business that can respect the measures, and only if you can't work.

-------------

Posted By: PAC-MAN
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 7:16pm
It would appear people are struggling with the understanding of three words.

'stay at home'

Loud and clear over here, been in the game room since 1.00pm and just wobbled out pissed!!!

Roll on tomorrow!!

Posted By: jengineer
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 7:17pm
yeah the whole idea is just f*cked up

it's either a lockdown or it's not

telling people to stay at home but it's ok to go for a run, walk or cycle????

I went to the chemist today to pick up some meds for my mum and to be truthful I have never seen as many people walking around, cycling and jogging on a Tuesday day ever in my life, the chemist was also full of people too, the queue was out the door, oh 6ft apart from each other (like that's gonna help....)

the whole day was just like a very sunny bank holiday, 

it needs to be lockdown completely which I don't think will never happen

there's simply no easy answer

-------------
ooooooh if I had the space (and the money) I'd have that...

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by jengineer jengineer wrote:

I went to the chemist today to pick up some meds for my mum and to be truthful I have never seen as many people walking around, cycling and jogging on a Tuesday day ever in my life, the chemist was also full of people too, the queue was out the door, oh 6ft apart from each other (like that's gonna help....)

I don't believe these people Duncs.

I went in to Tesco this morning, got there at 08.10 - I had my spraying mask in the back of the van so put it on. Felt a proper dick at first but then I started seeing more people with masks on, not many people in there, everybody keeping their distance. Out of 80 people, 25-30 had a mask on and gloves.

Over 8000 cases in the UK now, 442 have already died!

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by RygarR RygarR wrote:

Erm, last week Boris implied he'd shaken hands with Coronavirus patients, then he talked about 'herd immunity' (coz we're all sheeples), then that it'd blow over in 12 weeks and we should take it on the chin, then he said that there was no need for a lockdown. Now we have a partial lockdown. My guess is that big cities will see an even tighter clampdown later in the week.

Don't waste your time trying to find 'loopholes' in the rules, they'll chage soon anyway. Just be sensible and stay safe. Being hygeinic and staying away from other people as much as possible is all you can do.

100%.
Shame if the population becomes pre-occupied with fury at folk being outside the house, when the govt had months of watching this hell brewing. Need more love at a time of misery Embarrassed.
Love to Martin too - not met him, but seems a crucial guy to this scene/hobby Clap

Sadly I think the most likely way out is 2 years of periodic shutdowns to keep casualties within the NHS limits: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imperial-college/medicine/sph/ide/gida-fellowships/Imperial-College-COVID19-NPI-modelling-16-03-2020.pdf" rel="nofollow - https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imperial-college/medicine/sph/ide/gida-fellowships/Imperial-College-COVID19-NPI-modelling-16-03-2020.pdf   (that paper that made the U-turn a week ago - see page 12)

-------------
http://www.philwip.com" rel="nofollow - http://www.philwip.com -sibling 'fix-off' (I’m losing by miles).

Posted By: tin
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 8:00pm
The blurriness in the instructions are so that there doesn't have to be a full lock down.  The instruction is basically don't go anywhere near anyone that you don't absolutely have to. People - even thick bastards - should be able to work that out for themselves (NB I realise as I wrote that I might be calling people here thick bastards - that's not the intention!)

Of course there is the added dimension of people's livelihoods. Frankly that is a problem. The government needs to sort that quickly. I can't blame a great many people that should really not be out and about still being out and about. If they stop, they don't get paid, and cover for that is NOT sorted yet.

If you can avoid going anywhere and you can avoid being near absolutely everyone, then do. If your mates are being bellends about it, go the extra mile and get them to fooking stop.

If not enough people do it, then we will get a lock down regardless of if you believe the hype about coronavirus and spreading it or not.

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by John Bennett John Bennett wrote:

Originally posted by RygarR RygarR wrote:

100%.
Shame if the population becomes pre-occupied with fury at folk being outside the house, when the govt had months of watching this hell brewing. Need more love at a time of misery Embarrassed.
Love to Martin too - not met him, but seems a crucial guy to this scene/hobby Clap

Sadly I think the most likely way out is 2 years of periodic shutdowns to keep casualties within the NHS limits: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imperial-college/medicine/sph/ide/gida-fellowships/Imperial-College-COVID19-NPI-modelling-16-03-2020.pdf" rel="nofollow - https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imperial-college/medicine/sph/ide/gida-fellowships/Imperial-College-COVID19-NPI-modelling-16-03-2020.pdf   (that paper that made the U-turn a week ago - see page 12)

Seconded. The lack of urgency at a time when this could have been contained is criminal. 

I work in the local A&E dept, as does my wife, so Ive got 2 hopes of avoiding a dose of COVID!

Posted By: councilface
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 10:12pm
Tories are the real virus

Posted By: penrhos
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 11:24pm
Work want us to run a skeleton staff on site with 90% working from home via Citrix & vpn.

Keeping the website and core infrastructure running has been deemed "essential work" so we've been shifted to provide cover...

Our management think this will last all summer and have cancelled out of as many summer clothing contracts as possible and have scaled down Xmas too.

FFS : The only thing that's selling well is loungewear, everything else is selling so slowly we have enough stock to last the rest of the year.

This is going to be messy - until 60%+ of the population have caught it and recovered itll just ramp up and kill in waves. If you lockdown so none gets it the second you let people out they will catch it in droves. So you have to let people catch it but at a rate where deaths are acceptable.

If we have less than 10,000 killed by this it'll be a win.

The high street may never look the same as a lot of shops will not survive, same for the self employed or small companies - the cashflow will simply stop for months.

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by penrhos penrhos wrote:

Work want us to run a skeleton staff on site with 90% working from home via Citrix & vpn.

Keeping the website and core infrastructure running has been deemed "essential work" so we've been shifted to provide cover...

FFS : the only thing that's selling well is loungewear, everything else is selling so slowly we have enough stock to last the rest of the year.

Citrix , oh good lord.

Good luck !

Lol

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by councilface councilface wrote:

This isn’t political, it’s the human races need to f**k with stuff we shouldn’t be f**king with that’s got us in this mess. Natures way of revenge for our greed and self obsession. Let it be a lesson to all. If there was a wake up call for humans to change their ways, this is it.

Posted By: Ace`
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 11:52pm
I already knew not to eat bats.

-------------
http://www.ukvac.com/forum/topic353880_post968941.html" rel="nofollow - Wanted PCBs and Parts

http://notinmame.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow - Not In Mame

Posted By: bbz149
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 12:34am
f**k that!! I'm not commuting into London and getting on the Underground for any Employer!! I'm not leaving the house simple as!! Supposed to be on Holiday in Mexico this week for 11 Days, Spain for Easter and diving in Egypt in May, all forked Ouch So I'm sure as hell not going to forking work Thumbs Down

Wife works for the NHS and we are not being told everything!!

Currently orking from Home, gone through 3 Boxes of Beer and running low Cry We all know who's to blame for this crap and not like it's the first time either! but I'm not even going to start ranting about that on the Forum!!!!

-------------

Posted By: Shinydaz
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 3:23am

This isn’t political, it’s the human races need to f**k with stuff we shouldn’t be f**king with that’s got us in this mess. Natures way of revenge for our greed and self obsession. Let it be a lesson to all. If there was a wake up call for humans to change their ways, this is it.

Totally agree with you.

-------------
Out of room but always room for one more !

Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 8:32am

So it’s not Live food markets where generally abhorrent treatment of animals goes on which created the virus?

And then not people who were being told you can save people’s lives & the NHS if you don’t go out, then those people being so narrow minded they still go out to, of all things, the arcades.

If anything the only problem this government had was thinking it could trust the whole of the British public to not be prats.

People need to take some responsibility for their actions then maybe we wouldn’t have to all be locked away in pain of police action.

I’m sure any political party would do their best & have the same issues wherever they are on the political spectrum.

Posted By: neo-geo-mvs
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 8:56am
Originally posted by Ace` Ace` wrote:

This.

I'll stick to chicken

Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 10:02am
Originally posted by neo-geo-mvs neo-geo-mvs wrote:

This.

I'll stick to chicken

Still not safe -  another Chinese export "Bird Flu".

This is mother nature's way of teaching us not to f**k with her.

Funnily after someone sent a copy of an internal email to the warehouses to Peres Morgan and it was put up on Twitter the official party line at work has changed.

We're only to visit site for essential work and are to be on site for as long as that work requires (ie to collect samples, packages or to repair equipment).

Only the call centre and warehouses are open and they have been issued PPE and gallons of sanitiser (plus having to stay > 2M apart) so every other picking station and loading bay, call centre one person per bay of desks.

Posted By: muddymusic
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 10:39am
One of the guys from the print warehouse got sent home this morning on his way in from Penzance. Police have a roadblock up and were stopping every car to ask the purpose of the journey.

His was not deemed essential so got sent back. Looks like they aren't messing about down here with it, even if the statement on not being able to work from home was a little vague.

-------------
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com

Posted By: Retroman839
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 11:52am
bought a cab three days ago  cant go to pick it up  because it isn't essential.

self employed builder  not working anymore     couple of brass farthings just aint worth dying for.  
wishing  everyone all the best through this..  
 hope gov  send money to  the people   as it is required as we all got bills to pay.

money is a construct.
life is real

Posted By: Bods
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 12:49pm

Is Ozzy Ozbourne to blame for that thoErmm

Government are useless and the general public are morons, give them road speed limit's and how many can mange to adhere to that, virtually no one so they will not do anything their asked

Still holding Cheltenham and big concerts the other week was mental

I've got no problem staying at home, happy doing it all year, many people their lives resolve around, work, going out, work going out so now there asked to stay at home, they are all bored, thought everyone was obsessed with watching TV box sets these days, so why not do it now they have chance

Instead they are all going to take up something many never do, Exercise as it's an excuse to go out

Glad I don't have to worry about anything else than avoiding the Virus

Yesterday someone asked the Question, can I go out driving in the car to a place I like to walk where I don't see other people, answer Yes that's fine. so if you get stopped just say your going to a place to exercise alone. How bloody stupid is that when your being told to stay home then they wonder why it's like it is

-------------
WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space

Posted By: gunblade
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 1:10pm
self isolation is easy, i hate most people anyway 

Posted By: big10p
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 1:21pm
When you're a full-time carer, it's just business as usual. I'm stuck at home 99.9% of the time, anyway! Confused

Posted By: paulcan69
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by gunblade gunblade wrote:

Totally agree

You still fixing chassis’s Grant?
I might actually get a chance to get em out over the next few days
Post might be slow though

-------------
Arcade Otaku name: paulcan69

ebay name: paulcan2

Posted By: gunblade
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by paulcan69 paulcan69 wrote:

yes i am, got a lot in atm though so need to catch up this week

Totally agree

You still fixing chassis’s Grant?
I might actually get a chance to get em out over the next few days
Post might be slow though

Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 2:21pm
"So it’s not Live food markets where generally abhorrent treatment of animals goes on which created the virus?"

True.  But it's hard to blame the Chinese when they're 5000 miles away and we did virtually nothing to contain it at the beginning.
It's our obsession with global air travel, cruises etc. that caused it to reach us.
Bear in mind we did a great job creating BSE, and spreading Cholera and smallpox around the world, killing vast amounts of people, and yet we're happy to blame others.

People find it hard to accept that the Tories have reduced hospital beds by 16,000 over the last 10 years. We have less than half of the beds per 1000people/population than say France. We also lost a lot of EU NHS workers in the last few years, and the NHS had its worst performance statistics on record last year.
We could be in a much better position than we are now, that's a statistically proven fact, the only people that talk about how this is irrelevant at the current time are the people that voted for it.

-------------
Welcome to bonus stage.

Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by PAC-MAN PAC-MAN wrote:

'stay at home'

Loud and clear over here, been in the game room since 1.00pm and just wobbled out pissed!!!

Roll on tomorrow!!

Unless of course you're a keyworker, construction workers, plumbers, electricians, boiler repair people, work in diy and pet stores, car garages, and ANYONE that can't work remotely where their employee deems it "necessary" work.... (According to the government)

Yeah, funny that, it's crystal clear...

-------------
Welcome to bonus stage.

Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by RaveN RaveN wrote:

'stay at home'

Roll on tomorrow!!

Unless of course you're a keyworker, construction workers, plumbers, electricians, boiler repair people, work in diy and pet stores, car garages, and ANYONE that can't work remotely where their employee deems it "necessary" work.... (According to the government)

Ya missed Cycle Shops and people to put Parking fines on Hospital staff cars

-------------
WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space

Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 2:40pm

I bought a Mr Men Jigsaw from Charity shop, for my other half to buy me because I made me laugh and she would of bought it for me if she saw it, reason is she calls me Grump anyway

So Mr Grumpy she would of bought. on it says for one

I hate Morning People
and Mornings
and People

one of my mates is gonna love all the kids and familys at home in his close, it does his head in with all the neighbours Dogs, kids making noise when off school, can imagine what he's gonna think to thisLOL

-------------

Posted By: 69er
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 3:27pm
we've never opened the main arcade yet this year and all our other sites are pubs bowling alley two swim/leisure centres , a theatre and other arcades so everywhere is apparently CLOSED 

however I yesterday got a phone call from another nearby arcade could I go and fix his Mario cart ………. a beach side arcade with about 130 machines and this one wants me drive 60 miles to repair ONE????? NO sorry why you even open? 

there's  still about 6 in ours need some attention but have abandoned them till we foresee an opening period some time ahead SO MAKES SENSE ……just wish I had kept the float moneys as we empty off over the winter...…….  

I applaud the key workers and have put a note on my front door thanking post and parcels for trying to work normally it shows my appreciation in a small way ,,,,,,,,

my 3 children are all quite key workers as one is a doctor one a teacher/medic in an appointed open school and one is a cleaner in the largest bread bakery in the northwest, her husband is a teacher but that school is closed so he has the kids,,,,,, I have volunteered my van use to a local foodbank through parish council but they are ok up to now...…….  

just by luck we have quite low occurrence of virus outbreak in our area but we are still respectful of the isolation advice and I think a lot of people here are following the stay home rule...…the recycling lorry just came down the road (highlight of today) no other traffic movement….  the shops are sort of half busy especially the chemist who had a queue about 40 meters long yesterday as I picked up milk and bread and grapes at Tesco local..  not many panic buyers and the Tesco staff are just part loading shelves so there's a good chance of supplies throughout the day.

WORST THING IS WE JUST HAD AN AREA WIDE POWER CUT FOR ABOUT 20 minutes THAT MADE IT SEEM ISOLATED EVEN MORE no tv or pc and couldn't even power up the home workshop OUCH!!!! 

just back to the topic title...…. I think Martin has been in self isolation for several years already I drive the lonely trucking world myself when necessary and its an acquired life to lead … especially high mileage runs best wishes Martin if you are reading these posts between trips Keep well...…….. 

a few people have phoned the depot this week and last week to see if we could get them a pool table into the house now they are home with time on their hands...…again sorry non- essential service…. they will be wanting us buy them back soon as they get bored or spill beer and food on them and you can't invite your mates round anyway (social gathering and distancing) so its not as much fun as it would be down the pub! if they were open of course!!

-------------
undefeated arcade junk hoarder champion since 1977

IF YOU CHUCK IT AWAY YOU NEED IT THE NEXT DAY!!

Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 3:45pm
Deleted, apologies

Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by RaveN RaveN wrote:

'stay at home'

Roll on tomorrow!!

Absolutely sir, I'm 100% in agreement with you.

I was referring to the idiots in the parks, huddled in groups, people out of work literally treating the lock down as a holiday without a care in the world. I should have made that a bit clearer, my mistake.

Of course, it is a mess and it most certainly isn't crystal clear.

I appreciate your input.

While I'm here, I spoke to a nurse from our local hospital (more of a shout due to the distance we kept)

We have 2 confirmed cases at the Salisbury hospital so far.

Posted By: Flinnster
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 5:24pm

I already knew to stay away from humans. LOL

-------------

WTD: Outrun DLX(yes REALLY!), Rolling Thunder, PacMania
Parts WTD: Any Dino King / LnB / MushiKing Spare Parts!

Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 6:47pm
I wonder if the local tip will be open....

Another week of this and I'll have finished tidying the shed, greenhouse, loft & garage and will need to get rid of a few car loads of crap...

Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 7:00pm
Off-licences have been added to the governments list of 'essential' retailers. WTF.

Posted By: Shinydaz
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by big10p big10p wrote:

Off-licences have been added to the governments list of 'essential' retailers. WTF.

That will be for Boris's dad.

-------------
Out of room but always room for one more !

Posted By: favouredson
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 9:54pm

......I was referring to the idiots in the parks, huddled in groups, people out of work literally treating the lock down as a holiday without a care in the world......

I work in a hospital and am still expected to go to work and on my 8 minute cycle home I passed more people than on an ordinary day.

And I live almost next door to a university...

-------------
Garry

Posted By: RygarR
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 10:54pm
Ours is locked down

Another week of this and I'll have finished tidying the shed, greenhouse, loft & garage and will need to get rid of a few car loads of crap...

Posted By: aztecca
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 7:54am

Our local tips are all closed.Ive been off since Monday.Ive cleaned both sheds out.Done the front and back gardens.The side of my house is already pilled high with paint tins and bits of wood etc.Today I'm going to pressure wash the slabs and drive.

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 1:30pm

They said a few days back all tips in Derby, Notts and Leic to shut

just at the time when gardens are going to need sorting out, people will have time to do it and no one will be able to get rid of it, fly tipping epidemic next then

People can still sell a car on ebay though and other non essential items, post office near partners wasn't even open when they should be

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 1:32pm
The bin collections here stopped last week, unannounced - we're already full. It could get messy.

-------------

Posted By: Pete
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 5:17pm
Apart from the quiet roads my work life has remained the same since lockdown, although there a rumour at work that things might be drying up soon as suppliers shut down in Europe.

Posted By: smf
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 3:58pm

What has that got to do with anything? Are you going on the racist stereotypes of how the virus was spread?

Originally posted by neoretro neoretro wrote:

So it’s not Live food markets where generally abhorrent treatment of animals goes on which created the virus?

The market in wuhan that might have been the source of the outbreak didn't sell bats, which is the usual source of coronavirus.

Although not all of the initial patients had any link to that market or came in contact with someone who did. It's the type of thing that right whingers like to perpetuate against "the yellow peril" though. I've heard dumbest arguments that we should force them to close the markets for good in case it was, these are the brexiest of brexit supporters who don't want foreigners telling us what to do. They don't see the irony of their ridiculous statements. They then went on to demand I came up with a solution, as if pointing out someone is dumb means I have the power to make it all better (the last time I checked I don't, but then nobody does).

A previous coronavirus was from bats urinating on things that people then touched.
I very much doubt you manage to avoid touching anything that hasn't been pee'd on by something.

If anything the only problem this government had was thinking it could trust the whole of the British public to not be prats.

The conservatives were very wishy washy from the outset. There are various theories why this is the case, but lots of scientists were pointing out how it was leading to people not even taking washing their hands seriously. Even when the government u-turned they did it in a way that didn't look serious & people still aren't taking this seriously.

They should make it clearer that the "at least three weeks" isn't because they think it will be safe to stop isolating by then but they know it definitely won't and that is just the date they picked out of thin air when they will announce the next date. It might be to stop panicking but a load of people think that it can't be that bad, because everything is going back to normal in three weeks. So why bother??

My understanding is that within government they don't expect any changes within 12 weeks and even then, that isn't to say things will be back to normal even then. The police have been given powers for six months, which still might not be enough.

The testing kits the government ordered and said were going to be available in days aren't even evaluated yet, they need to make sure that there are no false positives or negatives, they aren't anywhere near ramping up testing. I kinda wish Boris was more interested in running the country than his own popularity, but at least democracy means that the people in the biggest block get what they deserve.

Posted By: Stevros
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by big10p big10p wrote:

Because they’re essential.

It wasn’t caused by bats foolish people.

Anyway is Martin working or not? Stay on topic.

-------------
WANTED Space invaders PCB Please inbox me!

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 4:28pm
People seem to think that if they scream 'stay at home' enough (including drive-by eggings of people doing their shopping around here), then this'll go away in 3 weeks. Obviously minimising contact will help hugely, but it'll be repeated cycles of lockdown forevermore until something breaks the cycle, be-it intensive mass testing or a vaccine. Can't shut the country indefinitely.

We're only just seeing the resulting deaths from back when we were washing hands and talking about herd immunity, whilst going to the pub. Wonder how Boris ended up infected...

edit: - sorry, yes, is Martin working?

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 4:34pm
Boris has it now. Perhaps he caught it in his local offie.

Posted By: Flinnster
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 4:39pm
Quote Anyway is Martin working or not? Stay on topic.

Lesser spotted deliveryman seen out and about today, yes Wink

-------------

WTD: Outrun DLX(yes REALLY!), Rolling Thunder, PacMania
Parts WTD: Any Dino King / LnB / MushiKing Spare Parts!

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Flinnster Flinnster wrote:

Lesser spotted deliveryman seen out and about today, yes Wink

Thanks man.

-------------

Posted By: FrancoB
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Stevros Stevros wrote:

From [ http://www.ukvac.com/forum/covid-19-announcement_topic376012.html" rel="nofollow - COVID 19 Announcement ] thread:

Originally posted by Jodo Jodo wrote:

Martin the Deliveryman has, as of 25th March, confirmed that his service is operating as normal, barring observing social distancing rules when collecting and dropping off machines. He has no current plans to limit or suspend his service.

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 5:16pm
is martin washing his hands? 
and has he got any spare loo rolls?

Posted By: strykr
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by smf smf wrote:

What has that got to do with anything? Are you going on the racist stereotypes of how the virus was spread?

The market in wuhan that might have been the source of the outbreak didn't sell bats, which is the usual source of coronavirus.

Although not all of the initial patients had any link to that market or came in contact with someone who did. It's the type of thing that right whingers like to perpetuate against "the yellow peril" though. I've heard dumbest arguments that we should force them to close the markets for good in case it was, these are the brexiest of brexit supporters who don't want foreigners telling us what to do. They don't see the irony of their ridiculous statements. They then went on to demand I came up with a solution, as if pointing out someone is dumb means I have the power to make it all better (the last time I checked I don't, but then nobody does).

A previous coronavirus was from bats urinating on things that people then touched.
I very much doubt you manage to avoid touching anything that hasn't been pee'd on by something.

<span style="color: rgb58, 113, 59; : rgb251, 251, 253;">If anything the only problem this government had was thinking it could trust the whole of the British public to not be prats.
</span><br style="color: rgb58, 113, 59; : rgb251, 251, 253;">
<span style="color: rgb58, 113, 59; : rgb251, 251, 253;">
</span>
[COLOR="#3a713b"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]The conservatives were very wishy washy from the outset. There are various theories why this is the case, but lots of scientists were pointing out how it was leading to people not even taking washing their hands seriously. Even when the government u-turned they did it in a way that didn't look serious & people still aren't taking this seriously.</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#3a713b"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]
</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#3a713b"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]They should make it clearer that the "at least three weeks" isn't because they think it will be safe to stop isolating by then but they know it definitely won't and that is just the date they picked out of thin air when they will announce the next date. </span][/COLOR]<span style="color: rgb58, 113, 59;">It might be to stop panicking but a load of people think that it can't be that bad, because everything is going back to normal in three weeks. So why bother??</span>
</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#3a713b"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]My understanding is that within government they don't expect any changes within 12 weeks and even then, that isn't to say things will be back to normal even then. The police have been given powers for six months, which still might not be enough.</span][/COLOR]
</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#3a713b"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]The testing kits the government ordered and said were going to be available in days aren't even evaluated yet, they need to make sure that there are no false positives or negatives, they aren't anywhere near ramping up testing. I kinda wish Boris was more interested in running the country than his own popularity, but at least democracy means that the people in the biggest block get what they deserve.</span][/COLOR]

Coronavirus or not the markets should be closed down for animal cruelty reasons.

And being potentially "angry" with a country isnt being racist surely?

-------------
Wanted - Electrocoin Wheels Runner Cabinet http://tinyurl.com/oq6dkau
Check out my 80s Synthwave Music :)   https://247retro.bandcamp.com/album/naeon

Posted By: Vamino
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by John Bennett John Bennett wrote:

People seem to think that if they scream 'stay at home' enough (including drive-by eggings of people doing their shopping around here), then this'll go away in 3 weeks. Obviously minimising contact will help hugely, but it'll be repeated cycles of lockdown forevermore until something breaks the cycle, be-it intensive mass testing or a vaccine. Can't shut the country indefinitely.

We're only just seeing the resulting deaths from back when we were washing hands and talking about herd immunity, whilst going to the pub. Wonder how Boris ended up infected...

edit: - sorry, yes, is Martin working?

How about someone with some power mentioning how important it is to eat foods that boost the immune system to prepare for this outbreak? Y'know, that thing that helps fight colds and stuff which gets stressed during illness or weakens as one gets older..........it used to be an apple a day keeps the doctor away, eat 5 portions of veg/fruit per day and drink lots of water to rehydrate.

I've seen so many people stocking up on burgers, pizza, chocolate, donuts and pop.....people are free to make their own choices in life, but, no one in the mass media seems to be mentioning the importance of nutrition during this insanity.

Lets all wait for a miracle vaccine that will probably be expensive and just tell people with symptoms in the meantime to stay in doors in dust filled houses with automatic air fresheners spraying every 30 mins..........I'm not saying this isn't a terrible thing and isn't affecting people, it clearly is a terrible thing, but the way the media is scaring people to death (literally) boggles the mind to be honest.

-------------
Insert Coin[s]

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 7:39pm
vitamin c is good 
and d 
and b12

fish fruit and veg 

not to much fish though as it has heavy metals in it   like mercury 

Posted By: Del Griffith
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by strykr strykr wrote:

Coronavirus or not the markets should be closed down for animal cruelty reasons.

And being potentially "angry" with a country isnt being racist surely?

This!

The word “racist” gets thrown about far to easily and unnecessary these days

Posted By: the_greeze
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 10:58pm
This thread is gold. Way to go people... Disapprove

Posted By: ataridude74
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 11:21pm

[QUOTE=neoretro]If anything the only problem this government had was thinking it could trust the whole of the British public to not be prats.

That's right, blame everything on "Brexiteers and racists".

Actually, my wife is Chinese, and a Brexiteer, and she blames her fellow countrymen, as do all her family and friends in China (although not out loud, the government really is watching).  She's not a racist either by the way.

-------------
Living in the Bronze Age

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 11:30pm
I literally have no idea who’s having a go a go at who for what here. But it’s getting ridiculous now.

My point was simply that the mistreatment has animals has caused this. Not politics. If it was politics, then certain countries would be fine.

Making thinly or unveiled attacks at peoples political allegiances on the basis of a virus that has affected nearly every country on earth, left or right side of the political spectrum is not particularly logical. If we were still in the EU, this would have happened. If we were the furthest of far right countries, it would have happened.

And as I said. If more people had taken the advice given and not popped out to the beach or park or shops, as they still do, a few lives may have been saved. And it’s a shame that it takes a government to force people to not go out through pain or police action, rather than being able to trust people will not go out to look after their fellow man.

All of which are not attacks on anyone on here or anyone’s beliefs. But just simple musings.

Posted By: andyman
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 11:30pm
I repair houses for a living including a lot of student accomodation...my city has a large population of Chinese students...the few I've met recently also blame China for the outbreak so there must be something in it...

'Racist' is one of those words thrown in to incite hatred, violence or rapid response these days...I don't think anyone actually knows what it means anymore Confused

-------------
"The person you were referring to is a short, shotgun wielding nutter with a vindictive streak 3 miles long. And a Star Wars cockpit "

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 11:42pm

<span style="color: rgb58, 113, 59; : rgb251, 251, 253;">If anything the only problem this government had was thinking it could trust the whole of the British public to not be prats.
</span><br style="color: rgb58, 113, 59; : rgb251, 251, 253;">
<span style="color: rgb58, 113, 59; : rgb251, 251, 253;">
</span>
[COLOR="#3a713b"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]The conservatives were very wishy washy from the outset. There are various theories why this is the case, but lots of scientists were pointing out how it was leading to people not even taking washing their hands seriously. Even when the government u-turned they did it in a way that didn't look serious & people still aren't taking this seriously.</span][/COLOR]
</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#3a713b"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]They should make it clearer that the "at least three weeks" isn't because they think it will be safe to stop isolating by then but they know it definitely won't and that is just the date they picked out of thin air when they will announce the next date. </span][/COLOR]<span style="color: rgb58, 113, 59;">It might be to stop panicking but a load of people think that it can't be that bad, because everything is going back to normal in three weeks. So why bother??</span>
</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#3a713b"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]My understanding is that within government they don't expect any changes within 12 weeks and even then, that isn't to say things will be back to normal even then. The police have been given powers for six months, which still might not be enough.</span][/COLOR]
</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#3a713b"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]The testing kits the government ordered and said were going to be available in days aren't even evaluated yet, they need to make sure that there are no false positives or negatives, they aren't anywhere near ramping up testing. I kinda wish Boris was more interested in running the country than his own popularity, but at least democracy means that the people in the biggest block get what they deserve.</span][/COLOR]

But just one last thing for SMF.

If the argument that it was from food markets where poor treatment of animals that caused this was Brexiteer right wing racist nonsense then..:

Then why have the Chinese themselves decided to shut down the wildlife farming industry which is worth $74billion dollars to them?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/china-bans-wildlife-trade-consumption-coronavirus-2020-2%3famp" rel="nofollow - Business Insider Article

I really don’t appreciate being pigeon holed on the basis of your assumptions about my political beliefs.

Posted By: Del Griffith
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 12:11am
My dig was at smf for throwing the racist accusation bullsh*t in.

2 things for sure....

1. Martin is still working
2. China f**ked up and now we are all dealing with this sh*t.

Posted By: strykr
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 1:57am
Lets not have this thread become a sh*t show, we've all got enough to worry about as it is, and are all here as we are bonded by love of arcade games from our childhood.

Tensions are high for everyone, so lets have no finger pointing, no brexit, no racism accusations, no apportioning of blame, we are in this situation and im sure we are all discussing this all over the internet and on the phone in all our various forums, whatsapp groups, discord channels etc.

Idealistic i know, but lets try and keep vac a place we all come to to discuss what we love and distract our troubled minds with thoughts of happier things, and not forget that if we all met face to face in a pub or at a meet we'd all have fun and get along.

Arcade brethren.

-------------
Wanted - Electrocoin Wheels Runner Cabinet http://tinyurl.com/oq6dkau
Check out my 80s Synthwave Music :)   https://247retro.bandcamp.com/album/naeon

Posted By: Chuckie egg
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 7:32am
Originally posted by strykr strykr wrote:

Lets not have this thread become a sh*t show, we've all got enough to worry about as it is, and are all here as we are bonded by love of arcade games from our childhood.

Tensions are high for everyone, so lets have no finger pointing, no brexit, no racism accusations, no apportioning of blame, we are in this situation and im sure we are all discussing this all over the internet and on the phone in all our various forums, whatsapp groups, discord channels etc.

Idealistic i know, but lets try and keep vac a place we all come to to discuss what we love and distract our troubled minds with thoughts of happier things, and not forget that if we all met face to face in a pub or at a meet we'd all have fun and get along.

Arcade brethren.

Exactly
It’s gone totally off topic and this forum is the one place we can all escape the stress that we are all under right now.
There are plenty of other social media groups you can voice your politics and concerns about the current situation on.
So please keep it away from what is a good place to escape the stresses of daily life that we are all under right now away from this forum.
We all have our own problems right now and we need to help each other through these difficult times.
Stay safe everyone

Posted By: Body pop
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 8:08am
Anyone wanting a cab delivered or delivering a cab for that matter at this point ,needs there heads seen too
Boris hasn’t went nearly far enough to make sure non essential couriers are stopped from spreading this deadly virus around the country
Sorry but if anyone turned up a With a cab to
My house at this time they would be told to keep it and go away
People need to be aware of others and high risk people if they can’t or don’t worry about themselves

Posted By: Evoga
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 8:11am
Well as everyone is so jolly in here I may as well add to the fire.

I prefer playing arcade games on a high resolution lcd screen over a crt.   

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 8:13am
Is there a separate thread we can chat about Covid-19 which was made in a laboratory as these scared rabbits aren’t listening?

Where’s the admin???

-------------

Posted By: Milky
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 8:20am
The original request as to Martin's actuvities has been answered on the other thread. This thread will now be closed.

-------------
Hmmm...it IS a good game, but it needs more cowboys...

Print Page | Close Window