Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Rarest cab you own or have owned

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Hi Score Admin
Hi Score Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muerto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by smarty smarty wrote:

Hi Muerto,

Any chance of some photos of the Jedi cockpit? Serial stickers and how the inside is wired. There’s very little info about these factory conversions it would be good to lay down some facts About how they were put together.

Thanks Mart.

Hi Mart.

Ill post some pictures :)

Regards
Michael
Inside every tool is a hammer!
mysticmonk View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysticmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 3:22pm
This is certainly one of the rarest Ive gotten. Havent had a chance to clean it up fully, but pretty good considering its been sitting around gathering dust for several decades! Pity about the small bits knocked out of control panel, and im pretty sure that isn't the original fire button. Other than that, I think a little monitor adjustment and it should be 100% soon :)

As can be seen I also like to spray down my cabs with water, just to keep them moist in storage.

Ive read varying reports on how many are known to still exist, some say 8 or 9, others 15 or 16. Could be a couple hundred, who knows?! Will dig into this as much as I can to get to the bottom of it.
Body pop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Body pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 4:01pm
Very cool ,good to see you’ve got stuff for yourself
There was one of them In the barn down near eniskillen
It was converted to Donkey Kong though
I was getting it along with the other stuff he had .but then ,well you can sort of guess what happened
big10p View Drop Down

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by mysticmonk mysticmonk wrote:

Ive read varying reports on how many are known to still exist, some say 8 or 9, others 15 or 16. Could be a couple hundred, who knows?! Will dig into this as much as I can to get to the bottom of it.
Don't think it's as rare as all that. VAPS alone reports having more owners, but no idea how accurate that is. Question is, did you get it because it's a cab/game you really like, or simply because you thought it's rare/valuable?
WANTED: Sega Cash Cube CP end plate etc. Click me for details!
JonathanClayton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonathanClayton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 4:05pm

This is certainly one of the rarest Ive gotten. Havent had a chance to clean it up fully, but pretty good considering its been sitting around gathering dust for several decades! Pity about the small bits knocked out of control panel, and im pretty sure that isn't the original fire button. Other than that, I think a little monitor adjustment and it should be 100% soon :)

As can be seen I also like to spray down my cabs with water, just to keep them moist in storage.

Nice find! Not many of them about, but that's due to not many people liking the game, hence the conversion to DK
mynintendoarcade.com
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysticmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Body pop Body pop wrote:

Very cool ,good to see you’ve got stuff for yourself
There was one of them In the barn down near eniskillen
It was converted to Donkey Kong though
I was getting it along with the other stuff he had .but then ,well you can sort of guess what happened

Ah, things can go arseways alright! Still, its nice to know theres stuff out there, if only you had x-ray vision you know theres tons just left here, there and everywhere. And in the strangest of places sometimes :)
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysticmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by big10p big10p wrote:

Don't think it's as rare as all that. VAPS alone reports having more owners, but no idea how accurate that is. Question is, did you get it because it's a cab/game you really like, or simply because you thought it's rare/valuable?

That's initially what I thought too when reading the klov page. But ive also come to learn that those information pages (especially the ownership stuff) is way out of whack a lot of the time.

What I do "know" is that there were 1000 to start with in 1979, a whole lot were converted to donkey kong. With that basic information, you can take a rough estimation of how many have survived over 40 years.

I like the game, its basic, a decent twist on space invaders. I know that its rare, and that certainly tipped me toward buying it as well. Only natural. Just a case of knowing that its either now or never, so I took it. Its a nice looking cab too, stubby and colourful like the other nintendos. About rarity or whatever, I would be interested in seeing if anyone else has one here too. Could be good for exchanging notes
JonathanClayton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonathanClayton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 5:37pm
Quote What I do "know" is that there were 1000 to start with in 1979, a whole lot were converted to donkey kong. With that basic information, you can take a rough estimation of how many have survived over 40 years.

So in the US, there were 3,000 units shipped, but then after the bad uptake, 2,000 conversion kits (DK) were shipped. I don’t know how many more were shipped outside of the US. A nice rare cab. I’ve got a Nintendo converted boardset that started life as RadarScope and was converted to DK. I also have a RadarScope boardset and a cocktail in the US awaiting a container.
mynintendoarcade.com
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysticmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 5:49pm
Going off memory here. 1000 were released while 2000 were converted in-house. Nintendo then began offering hands-on conversions of the 1000 that were already out there, and the uptake of this offer was supposedly good.

Then of course there were operators who were doing this themselves. It makes sense that the original 1000 would have quickly dwindled in the year following release. Add in the next 40 years and it can be seen how low numbers would have gotten.

As I say, I'll look into it further because it's an interesting oddity. How it ended up here is also interesting, need to have a good look at the licence plate for serial numbers etc

Edited by mysticmonk - 28 Jan 2019 at 5:50pm
stegrey View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 5:51pm
probably my daytona dlx ... saying that i had a Mortal kombat 1 at one point and you hardly see them over here always mk2
WANTED:PAPERBOY CAB
Pcbs splatterhouse,wwf arcade, wwf wrestlefest

tin View Drop Down

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 7:19pm

Woooohahhahahhah TongueLOLLOL

Well you maybe pushed the envelope on the trolling a touch too far this time MM, if anyone was left in any doubt they aren't now, but at least you gave me a hearty laugh! LOLLOL
This is your crew chief // Yeah, the course is really tough // But it's a beautiful day // So good luck!
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysticmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by tin tin wrote:

Well you maybe pushed the envelope on the trolling a touch too far this time MM, if anyone was left in any doubt they aren't now, but at least you gave me a hearty laugh! LOLLOL

It all about the electricals, you see. The moistness allows the electrolytes to flow freely through the wood membranes, allowing games to be produced. Its very technical and I don't have time to explain.

(just a bit of drizzle moving cabinets)
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 1:44pm

Originally posted by tin tin wrote:

It all about the electricals, you see. The moistness allows the electrolytes to flow freely through the wood membranes, allowing games to be produced. Its very technical and I don't have time to explain.

(just a bit of drizzle moving cabinets)
It always starts to rain when loading up. It's a law of nature, or something.
WANTED: Sega Cash Cube CP end plate etc. Click me for details!
Hitesh View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hitesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 4:19pm
I have 4 x Jaleco Pony 28.
Will be selling 1, maybe 2 soon
DABOSS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DABOSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 4:32pm
Darius 1 and 2 i guess Smile
Body pop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Body pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by DABOSS DABOSS wrote:

Darius 1 and 2 i guess Smile

Any pics ? Both cabs or one with both pcbs

Zektor View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zektor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 10:16am
Mine would be a Zaccaria Asteroid cocktail, I think it’s the only one known to exist .
Mark H View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 11 minutes ago at 6:49pm
I bought this from "Arcadewarehouse" (before I knew better !!!) around 2005, it is rare and must have been a limited joint run by Taito and Atari. I sold it several years later and bought an Atari Asteroids cabaret as the button layout was better. 

"The Future Is Now"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic