ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Reproduction Parts / Cabinets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ordyne View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Ordyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reproduction Parts / Cabinets
    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 10:52am
Hi ladies & gents,

Some of you will already know that I stopped offering repair services last year and that I've been gearing up for a new challenge and purchasing a fair bit of equipment for it. Upshot of that is that I'm in a position to do a fair amount of reproduction metal work and cabinets.

With the equipment I currently have I can do the following:

Fiber Laser - Cutting Mild steel, Stainless steel and Aluminium.
Fiber Marking Laser - Etching metals, Stainless and Titanium have the best results.
CO2 Laser - Cutting / Engraving Acrylic, Wood, Paper, Card, Leather, Rubber.
CNC Router - Cutting Wood, Plastics, Aluminium Composite, ETC
CNC Press Brake - Folding Metals
Welding - Spot, Mig, Tig
Stud Insertion Press - Pressing nuts and studs into mild / stainless steel
3D Printing  SLA (UV Resin) and FDM

Here are some pictures of some stuff that I've done recently.

Small run of Atari Quantum Cabinets

Some super large 3mm thick mild steel control panels for HOG, just back from the powder coaters.

System 1 control panels

Euro Robotron control panel, this was made by request to hold the US wico's and do away with wooden assembly normally on the underside. (Version with studs in already in the making rather than carriage bolts)

Stainless steel Track & Field control panel

CNC in action cutting an Atari System 1 cabinet out.

Fiber Laser cutting out some metalwork.

Outrun start badge (with laser cut 3m backing)

RPI2DMD Case

The all important business card made in house Big smile

If anyone wants parts making and there is enough interest to make it viable I am happy to do them.

Edited by Ordyne - 06 Aug 2021 at 11:51am
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 11:08am
Wow, it all looks great quality. Love the Quantum cabs.
Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 11:10am
Wow, i can imagine with how particular you were trying to get those outrun wheel badges done by others that couldn't do a proper job, indicates how good anyting you do will be nothing but pretty much perfect, just how i like things done myself

Suspect you are going to be quite busy looking at those examples and just what we need as this is a great option now to get cabs you want that just arent around any more or crazy money

Question on say the control panel, where the fold is or bend, each side there is a line in the metal, is that something the machine does when bending, just i noticed when rebuilding Thunderblade blade every bit of folded metal has same lines or are they for alignment for bending? Just interested

Now if only someone could invent a machine that created more space
WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space
mysticmonk View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mysticmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 11:30am
Impressive stuff.

Here's a quick question, would it be possible to create the topper seen in this video?

Ordyne View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ordyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Bods Bods wrote:

Question on say the control panel, where the fold is or bend, each side there is a line in the metal, is that something the machine does when bending, just i noticed when rebuilding Thunderblade blade every bit of folded metal has same lines or are they for alignment for bending? Just interested 

Its where the piece is in contact with the die, if it was something that wasn't getting covered you would use a film to stop it happening, if its getting powder coated or and overlay you would normally leave it. Normally on a large radius it just polishes the surface, when doing normal bents it can put a distinct line where the edge of the v die is. Id guess on the thunderblade panels the line is probably about 2 to 4mm back from the centre of the bend ?

yorkshire_spam View Drop Down
User
User

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yorkshire_spam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Ordyne Ordyne wrote:

Fiber Marking Laser - Etching metals, Stainless and Titanium have the best results.
Welding - Spot, Mig, Tig

Wow! Awesome list of kit. I've been wanting to learn TIG for years, but never had the time+money at the same time!

Ordyne View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ordyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 11:42am
One I missed, I was asked to make a home for a VMU near the gear shifter on F355 DLX.

FrancoB View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FrancoB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 11:46am
Great stuff Craig. Looks like you've got some seriously nice toys there. Love the business cards Cool

I really wish you were still a couple of miles up the road from me, I would love to come and play!
Ordyne View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ordyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 11:48am
Originally posted by mysticmonk mysticmonk wrote:

Impressive stuff.

Here's a quick question, would it be possible to create the topper seen in this video?

Yes, is there an original design or didnt they ever have them? I only ask as there has to be a more elegant way to make them.

Ordyne View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ordyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 11:49am
Originally posted by FrancoB FrancoB wrote:

Great stuff Craig. Looks like you've got some seriously nice toys there. Love the business cards Cool

I really wish you were still a couple of miles up the road from me, I would love to come and play!

You were the first person I thought of when I got the CNC router and then I found out you had sodded off to the other end of the country! Ouch
Ordyne View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ordyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 11:53am
Originally posted by yorkshire_spam yorkshire_spam wrote:

Welding - Spot, Mig, Tig

Wow! Awesome list of kit. I've been wanting to learn TIG for years, but never had the time+money at the same time!

I dont do the Tig, I'm not good enough to be let loose on items to be sold yet!
Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 11:55am

Originally posted by Bods Bods wrote:

Its where the piece is in contact with the die, if it was something that wasn't getting covered you would use a film to stop it happening, if its getting powder coated or and overlay you would normally leave it. Normally on a large radius it just polishes the surface, when doing normal bents it can put a distinct line where the edge of the v die is. Id guess on the thunderblade panels the line is probably about 2 to 4mm back from the centre of the bend ?

Yeah would be about that on the thunderblade parts, was just purely something I noticed the other day and just wondered if it was marks from machine or alignment, as using manual folder like mine, hardest part is getting the fold in correct place like the back box I did for Honda Sign, the front part goes over back so if I get it wrong I have to start again, luckily it went ok

Just to say, it's not something I was pointing out as like a fault or issue as you say, it's covered when painted or on these parts it's inside and not seen so doesn't matter at all

One reason I do most stuff myself is most places you go don't do job properly, If I need anything doing I know it would be done right by yourself and will be my only choice

like the VMU idea on 355, I've got an original one from Twin machine and was going to hook it up to my DLX at some point, when I could figure when it plugged inLOL but that's neat having it there

That little ferrari plaque in front of the shifter isn't original is it? 
WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space
Ordyne View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ordyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 11:58am
nope the plaque isnt original, the owner put it on. 

My CNC press is 7 axis so I can send the back gauge to wherever I want for each bend, its the only way to go if you want them to be all exactly the same IMO.

TheDaddy View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TheDaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 12:00pm
Wow they look great ! Nice to have someone who can reproduce to a high standard.

Dave.
AKA Wonderboy. If there is such a thing as reincarnation , knowing my luck , I will come back as me !!
Stickman View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 12:07pm
I have literally just ordered the parts to do a couple of the RPI2DMD signs and was looking at the case, potential was to 3D print but i do like your one, is that P5 or P4 panel sizes as i have P4 coming and are you open to do a couple of those, shall I PM you Smile
Ohh how I wish for these cabs.... Missile Command….Robotron...Defender/Stargate
Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 12:25pm

nope the plaque isnt original, the owner put it on. 

My CNC press is 7 axis so I can send the back gauge to wherever I want for each bend, its the only way to go if you want them to be all exactly the same IMO.

That's some kit then, very nice indeed and what we like to hearSmile

Thats good on the plaque, thought mine had something else missing. he must be a proper ferrari fan

Now all I need is to win enough on lotto to retire from work and I could put all my ideas into action i've had with various cabs over the years as replica cabs would be the option for my plans, there is one machine I would so love to do my own version of
chubsta View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chubsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 12:33pm
are the repro cabs going to be something you offer to 'the public' or are you going more for the arcade-owners market?

Funhouse71 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Funhouse71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 12:54pm
I see your capable of producing the Atari System 1 control panels, are you also able to do the Namco System 1 controls panels for Galaga 88, Pacmania etc?.

If so what do you charge for making these up?

Craig.

Edited by Funhouse71 - 06 Aug 2021 at 12:54pm
Ordyne View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ordyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Stickman Stickman wrote:

I have literally just ordered the parts to do a couple of the RPI2DMD signs and was looking at the case, potential was to 3D print but i do like your one, is that P5 or P4 panel sizes as i have P4 coming and are you open to do a couple of those, shall I PM you Smile

Yes they are P4 256X128mm
Ordyne View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ordyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Funhouse71 Funhouse71 wrote:

I see your capable of producing the Atari System 1 control panels, are you also able to do the Namco System 1 controls panels for Galaga 88, Pacmania etc?.

If so what do you charge for making these up?

Craig.

For the Atari build cabinets? If so yes, as you probably already know its not much different. 

Price would be same as the system 1 which are £80+ shipping/VAT each - powdercoated in black.

I should point out that these have the correct radius on the front bend, I bought some from the states which turned out to be incorrect and look a right pig on a machine :(

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic