ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > Meetings & Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

REVIVAL: The Rivals 2017 - 20-21 May, Walsall

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 3:45pm
Yes that was me I would of come and had a chat with you if I knew you were close by

Your cab plays nice it was very popular on the day
What was it like getting it to the show ?

I would like to take some of my cabs to the next one for people to enjoy
SuperGoataku View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGoataku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 6:47pm
Was a great weekend, really enjoyed it.
I agree certain areas were packed and bottle necked at the busiest times on the Saturday, but it thinned out pretty quick mid afternoon.
Thought it was brilliant a mech game (ICB) was arguably the most popular cab there.
Thanks to all who contributed cabs and time for such a memorable event. 
I would also like to contribute next year, cant remember seeing a single cocktail?
The curry, beers and late night are taking their toll, i'm off to lie down.

cNp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cNp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 10:04pm
Back home from a weekend at Revival, had a great time catching up with people I knew already and new ones.

Definitely got busier on Saturday than I've seen the other event but it eased off when the Hosted talks started up and the new area for the talks was excellent.  Very pleased for Craig and the team though to get such good numbers through the doors, the event deserves the success and popularity.

I think, like many, the Ice Cold Beer, Fire Truck and Video Pinball were stars of the show for me... but plenty of other stuff to play too.  I really enjoyed the Dave Perry hosted chat and was good to see him don the bandana again to commentate on stage later on.

I have a bunch of iPhone pics too but these are the ones I took with my proper camera on the Saturday...

Wanted: SEGA Power Drift PCB, Arkanoid Upright
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 10:36pm
Those are really good pictures, very professional.
Wanted: Super Pacman Bezel, Millipede Euro inner Bezel. Asteroids Cabaret Cab.
Always wanting Millipede/Paperboy/Super Pacman/Outrun/Taito 3 Layer Space Invader PCBs
tin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 11:06pm
Only the Sunday for me this year, I would not say it ever got too crowded, and the early entry meant we could have had a go on ICB and some of the other busier cabs, but I stupidly wondered around in a daze getting accustomed to the greatness before me as usual at these things :).

It was a great event again, only minor criticism I'd have is that it would have been nice to have some of the talks on the Sunday too. But that is a very minor gripe. I'll try and go both days next time :)

Very well worth it, and I am very appreciative of all of the team that put it together, a lot of which looked visibly knackered late on Sunday and presumably not relishing the tear-down. More power to you, I hope there are many more Revivals!

Edited by tin - 21 May 2017 at 11:07pm
This is your crew chief // Yeah, the course is really tough // But it's a beautiful day // So good luck!
cosine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 8:28pm
The teardown went un-nervingly well LOL We were waiting for something to go horribly wrong, but it never happened.
Safe to say that I'm knackered after the 5 hour drive, dealing with twats on the M6 and M73, then lugging the machines out of the van, but it was a great weekend. Smile
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my sanity the most.
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 10:00pm
Whole weekend went so fast. I missed half of the things I thought I'd get round to doing at some point! It was great to meet so many in person finally and tons highlights amongst it all. Still knackered... but happily so Thumbs Up

Wanted: - PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Bomb Jack, Rolling Thunder
- Parts needed: Naomi non-swivel castor / wheel, coin mech metal clip/screw for Dino King Door
ben76 View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Hunts Spies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ben76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 12:23am
Had a good time catching up with people... I only played one game... Rog's Mario pin as we got it running again... Bought loads of console sh*t had beer and except for the partial panic attack I had (due to the amount of people and the heat in the room) had a great time :)
Think my comedy highlight was helping put jb to bed at the hotel lol

Also the pie run was yet again a success :)

- Ben
JohnBud View Drop Down
There's only one JB, only one JB!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnBud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 4:26pm
i had a great time Thumbs Up spent most of it chatting, smoking and drinking Thumbs Up very well priced hotel at only £60 a night. we were the last group to get a taxi from the hotel to the curry house. sadly we also couldn't get a table as it was full Cry so we hit the town LOL it was pretty messy at the end ??? i thought i was in hamilton and wanted to go home LOL i think it took 4 or 5 to get me to the hotel room. it was good to see so many people that i have met through shows and forums Hug  skycursor ??? i had maybe 4 credits on saturday and another 6 or so on the sunday. the game is far from finished and i still don't know why it has a 3 button bomb/katana. it is however very much unlocked and i'm sure the finished version will be 1  to visit again Approve it's always good to know that people other than the big hitters are still releasing new shooters Thumbs Up the show itself is still growing year on year, hats off to craig and co Clap i was so impressed i have pledged cabs for next year and will probably do the weekend :) extra night on the razz Ouch
smarty View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smarty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 7:23pm
Photo Bomb time.. I had a great weekend, as always I didn't get round to speaking with some of the 'Vac guys I wanted to say hello to.

Ice Cold Beer was the game of the event this year, people of all ages queueing to play this all weekend, such a fun game. Watching Dave CharlieFarr looping it was a great moment, especially for no losing a ball. Extreme natural skill there!

The talks were good, I sat in the Dave Perry one and Jim Bagley's Next talk.

Attendance on Saturday was to capacity, Sunday had a much more chilled feel about it.

A great event organised by Craig and his team, here's to next year! Thumbs Up

Edited by smarty - 24 May 2017 at 7:46pm
jumpnfire.com

MOST WANTED CABS:
bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 7:37pm
That's some good pictures you took.
It was a brilliant day and I will sure be returning for the next one and will stay over for a curry.
Always looking for a bargain.
tb lilley View Drop Down
5 Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb lilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 7:49pm
Christ. Look at my bald head. Nice to meet you Mr Smarty. Ditto Mr(s) Holly / cNP.
It's only original once.
neil1637 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neil1637 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 8:05pm
Thanks for the photos. Looks like a good time had by all. Can't wait for the ones up my neck of the woods to start.
Please visit my Arcade Diary Blog at https://neilsarcadediary.wordpress.com/

Always looking for Cabaret Cabinets
Sinisteve View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinisteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 8:51pm
Charliefarr looped it!!! What a legend...hope roger bought him a pint as per American rules ha
smarty View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smarty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 9:09pm
David refused all offers of drinks from Rog, pretty sure he got back up to ball 6 after looping it before losing his fist ball.

TB, nice to meet you too, and everyone else I did chat too over the weekend.

Edited by smarty - 24 May 2017 at 9:09pm
jumpnfire.com

MOST WANTED CABS:
ben76 View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Hunts Spies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ben76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 9:24pm
I had a great weekend. Only played the Mario pin with Rog as we got it working as it had lost a ball. Bought a few games, helped get jb to bed, only took one picture, so the usual of mainly chatting and drinking beer oh and as it was revival my pic sums up the other thing...

As usual... I took some pies...

Great event really enjoyed it thanks to all involved

- Ben
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 10:17pm
So many I never got round to saying hello to!
It was a great weekend, no epic photobomb post from me...

Just lager, Wralph, and a pint o' ale

Wanted: - PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Bomb Jack, Rolling Thunder
- Parts needed: Naomi non-swivel castor / wheel, coin mech metal clip/screw for Dino King Door
CharlieFar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlieFar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 1:04pm
I loved the weekend. It was my first time at Revival - definitely be returning next year. Great selection of cabs there, including ones that I've never seen at events before (Ice Cold Beer, Fire Truck, Konami GT...). Spoke to loads of Vaccers and Ten Pencers across the two days. Such a friendly community! Much respect and thanks for those involved in the events organisation and supply of cabs.

mozie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mozie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 1:48pm
Looks like a great weekend! Love the vectrex decals, are they custom made?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic