FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Roll up! Roll Up! Dino Panels 4 sale

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Senior Members
Senior Members
Chizels 4 life!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote virtvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roll up! Roll Up! Dino Panels 4 sale
    Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 8:40pm
Here are some more Dino King panels I've done for a few members recently.

The panels are £40 each + postage at cost.

I can do any variation you like concerning sticks and button placements. All custom work is drawn up on cad, shown to the customer and then made to order on my cnc mill.

The material is a thin aluminium sandwiched plastic sheet used for signage.  Thus stuff is very stiff, lightweight and easy to cut.  I get a lot of this material from a company near to my work.  The white face is pretty good (and I think I have some black too), but sometimes has small imperfections and production marks.  You *can* use them as is, but I'd recommend getting a snazzy overlay for them from 'our' Olly Muddymusic https://www.arcadeartshop.com/

THE PENCE IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD!

Check out the podcast

http://tenpencearcade.co.uk
bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 9:18pm
These look awesome. As soon as I get a cab I will be buying one.
Nice work vic.
Always looking for a bargain.
virtvic View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Chizels 4 life!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 9:20pm
No problem, I have loads of blanks ready for machining.

Check out the podcast

SUPERSPRINT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERSPRINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 9:41pm
Is there a specific brand of button or joystick that fits the drilled holes?
virtvic View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Chizels 4 life!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 12:17am
The holes are 30mm as standard, so Sanwa & Seimitsu will fit, as will standard microswitch buttons - but if you wanted leaf switch buttons, I could do those sizes too.

The middle panel in the picture is a custom 2 player setup done with all 24mm buttons and 2x 18mm button holes for smaller start buttons.

Check out the podcast

Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 12:21am
Nice work as always fella! I hope to be wiring up the 2nd of my 2 player panels this weekend Wink
(Using proper connectors so they are hot-swappable easily)

Here ya go folks... one that was made earlier....

I'm a little raised in the general eyebrow area about the 2P12B panel using 24mm buttons there. That was my original plan waaaay back but others advised me against it.
It's maybe ok for little kiddies but I'm pretty sure adult sausage fingers will end up with knuckles smashing against the dino plastic side supports. Happy to be proven wrong on that tho Big smile

Edited by Flinnster - 12 Aug 2017 at 12:28am

Wanted: - PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Bomb Jack, Rolling Thunder
- Parts needed: Naomi non-swivel castor / wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
Popeye64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Popeye64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 12:29pm
Some great looking panels. Already ordered one and hope to get one or two more if I can copy Flinnster's hot swap idea
Popeye64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Popeye64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 12:41pm
I ordered the 2l 12b panel and it's certainly for the small youngsters in the family that will be disappointed when the Dino king credits run out. Don't think a 2nd player would fit next to my fat frame unfortunately.

Not sure the joystick placement is much closer to the side, just shrunk down the button sizes to squeeze more in.
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 10:18pm
Hot-swapping is definitely the way to go! So nice just to be able to change the panels as and when needed. I only have one cab left to deal with now - all the others have looms wired to the 21-way JST connector behind the control panel for both player controls now.

I'd be interested to see how the 12 button variant goes for sure. Here was my original plan, which also used 24mm buttons. The button spacing was pretty bad though... moved on a bit since then! Wink

Edited by Flinnster - 12 Aug 2017 at 10:20pm

- Parts needed: Naomi non-swivel castor / wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
Popeye64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Popeye64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 12:25am
Yeh I'm really inspired with the wiring you've done for the hot swapping of control panels. Gives the cab a great deal of versatility.

You were certainly experimenting with those panel plans, that's why I decided to go with even smaller 18mm start buttons.

I was originally thinking of a 2l 6b panel with 24mm buttons but thought if you can get 3 button wide on each side there should be enough height for a second row.

I set Vic the challenge to fit it all on and I'm impressed with what he's delivered.
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 12:35am
Yeah, if you use snap in buttons rather than screw-in ones I think you can fit them closer together overall. Just the top button surround to worry about in this case ;)

Popeye64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Popeye64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 1:07am
Very true it is all quite a Squeeze and fun to try new ideas. Will get some Sanwa snap ins, hopefully that will do it.

You've converted far more than most so I appreciate the advice and chance to learn from your restoration threads. That's one of the great things I've found with this sight, lots of people interested in the same hobby willing to help each other, whether experienced or just starting to learn like me.
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 1:45am
Yep any help you need just ask Smile 3ish down here, 1ish still in progress Embarrassed

I wasn't the first to do the conversions that's for sure. I learnt on here from FrancoB, Paulie and others, and from Tony's blog too! Still plenty of things I don't know (ruddy monitors mainly!).

Popeye64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Popeye64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 2:45am
Thanks mate much appreciated . That's a decent number of Dino cabs, will look great all lined up

I have read through a couple of the conversion threads and will search out a few of the others and read again as well before attempting anything. It's interesting to see the different ways people have approached it and the many themes that have been done.

There's always more to learn. I've noticed a few guides on monitors but that's a bit too far for me as yet. Not making any changes on mine until the credits run out, just plenty of reading for now.
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 8:30am
I'm going to do some overlays for these using Vic's plans so they be fully cut with button holes etc. I'm making up a design now that matches the original orange artwork so should be good for anyone who wants to leave the rest of the cab artwork as it is, but will also be easy to make up custom designs too in any of the button configurations.
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
Popeye64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Popeye64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 3:01pm
That is good to know, well done Olly. Will be in touch soon enough.
neil1637 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neil1637 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 3:58pm
Well isn't this just the most well timed thread......
Please visit my Arcade Diary Blog at https://neilsarcadediary.wordpress.com/

Always looking for Cabaret Cabinets
virtvic View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Chizels 4 life!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 8:50pm
Oh yes.

I love it when a plan comes together...

Check out the podcast

rcantor77 View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Candy Kid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcantor77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 9:22pm
These look great Vic... I knew it wouldn't be too long until you were making these for everyone.

virtvic View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Chizels 4 life!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 8:22am
I'm making more panels later today, so get your orders in is you need any panels!

Check out the podcast

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic