RS Logic Probe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Members
Senior Members
Chief Sheesher®

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Equites Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RS Logic Probe
    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 8:31pm
I'm giving away my trusted and fully functional RS Logic Probe.  This is one of the better logic probes on the market, and I no longer need it as I have replaced it with a logic probe with audio function.

There is only one issue with it, I used the tip of the probe to prise open a battery compartment and it snapped off.  They can be replaced if you can find a replacement, grind the tip smaller or simply use as-is like I did for a while (not recommended).

I want to see this go to an active member who is interested in PCB repairs, lurkers need not apply.

The probe is still boxed with instructions and accessories.

P&P on me.

Atari PCB's (and most non-Atari), AR2's, Vector Deflection/HV boards repaired & refurbished.
Wanted: Non-working Atari PCBs.
aeroflott View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
A different league

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeroflott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 8:53pm
If no one else is desperate, I wouldn't say no Nad - been meaning to start learning about how to use one of these things.
Equites View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Chief Sheesher®

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Equites Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 9:08pm
It’s yours Tony.

I’m due to send something Atari to you this week any way.

The tip screws off, very easy to replace if need be.

Atari PCB's (and most non-Atari), AR2's, Vector Deflection/HV boards repaired & refurbished.
aeroflott View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
A different league

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeroflott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Equites Equites wrote:

It’s yours Tony.

I’m due to send something Atari to you this week any way.

The tip screws off, very easy to replace if need be.

Thank you sir!
Purity View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 2:46pm
I have a boxed faulty RS logic probe.  You are welcome to have it, and swap the tip over etc

Nad, where did you get the audio one from?  I never seem to be able to find one!

Edited by Purity - 16 Apr 2018 at 2:46pm
Equites View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Chief Sheesher®

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Equites Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Purity Purity wrote:

I have a boxed faulty RS logic probe.  You are welcome to have it, and swap the tip over etc

Nad, where did you get the audio one from?  I never seem to be able to find one!

That’s very generous Ben, it will get Mr TT up and running in no time with some juicy repair logs to follow......

I bought my logic probe from here;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B000Z9HAP4/ref=mp_s_a_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1523889468&sr=8-2-fkmr0&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=elnec+logic+probe

I’ve not been able to find it anywhere else cheaper. Comes from the US and was just under £20 delivered which is a good deal.

The probe has distinctive low and high audio indicators, but the nice thing is the audio pitch differs slightly when it hits an input/output with slightly different signals which is better than visual LEDs.

For non audio logic probe I recommend the RS one above.

Edited by Equites - 16 Apr 2018 at 3:49pm
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 5:36pm
Cheers for the link! I too have been pondering about getting a logic probe for the first time and to start delving into the chip activity on a bunch of non-workers I have.
I honestly had no clue on what probe to get, there are tons out there Big smile

Wanted: - PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Original Wonderboy PCB
- Parts needed: Naomi non-swivel castor / wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic