Skin:

Save this Taito Space Invaders shell

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Members
Senior Members

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nes4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Save this Taito Space Invaders shell
    Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 7:03am
It's been gutted but the shell looks great; someone save it:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172635359898

I can only image what Jo Bloggs might have planned for this:
- LCD
- MAME
- 6 buttons for Street Fighter
- probably enough space for two sets of player controls really
- strip lighting underneath
- a bar-chop to save space

The possibilities are endless

Edited by Nes4life - 21 Apr 2017 at 7:52am
NES4Life
-------------
WTD: Centipede or Arkanoid upright or cocktail. Owner of ... too many cabs!
Retroman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retroman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 7:38am
Yeah it is in good condition - too far for me though but if the price is right LOL
Wanted: Neo Geo Lordsvale Cab
bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 10:03am
The seller is letting the auction run its course so I could sell for silly money if people don't read the description properly.
With all the parts stripped I would say £150 max is all it's worth as a full worker is only around £600.
forcefulfil View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
EDOT King

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forcefulfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 10:16am
As is £200ishim tempted asni have all the innerds and tube.
But im on a selling frenzy

Fully working 1k
A member on here recently sold his for 1k
UKVAC: The longest running UK Arcade forum on the net
Ace` View Drop Down
PlanB contributor #1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 10:21am
A great talking point? yes why play it when you can stand around talking about it. I guess you could talk about what a nightmare it was to track down all the parts you needed for it. Big smile
Purity View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 11:10am
Being someone that is in a similar boat....i.e. has an empty Taito SI.  It has been a challenge to find all the parts to bring this back to how it was originally.  New owner should bear that in mind

Price wise. The cabinet is in good condition.  Paying beyond £150 would be stupid in my opinion, unless you knew you had all the parts to put it back together with
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 12:11pm
Going up in price already. But gawd yeah, in such great nick, please don't let some mame'r turn it into a street fighter with added rollerball CP Unhappy

Wanted: - PCBs: Ordyne, Rainbow Islands, Bomb Jack
- Parts: SR3 coin mech, coin mech metal clip/screw for Dino King Door
- House Extension.
Jase View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 1:31pm
Looks nice. Bizarrely missing lots of things but has the lower coin box door, which is usually missing! LOL
Astro Blaster, Track & Field, Asteroids Deluxe, Gyruss, Berzerk, Gorf, PacMan, Qix, Space Invaders part II, Moon Cresta, Moon Shuttle, Joust, Defender, Dig Dug, Tempest, Nintendo PC-10 (MAMEd)
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Jase Jase wrote:

Looks nice. Bizarrely missing lots of things but has the lower coin box door, which is usually missing! LOL

I was thinking the same thing....of all the bits to NOT be missing is the rarest bit!
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
iamjimmi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamjimmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 8:36pm
I got straight onto this just for the two way mirror...

But alas the seller confirmed no mirror - this is an empty box.

Looks well above average condition, so a perhaps a good buy if you have a complete but rough cab....

But words to the wise...if you are thinking of buying to restore...

Photos can be very misleading and those pics aren't the best.
No photo of the left side.
No photo of the rear.
The control panel overlay is a repro - and the wrong size.
The ball top is black instead of white - I found it impossible to track a white ball top with the correct thread for a Taito SI and had to have the shaft rethreaded.
As I am finding out getting a two way mirror is no easy task. The mirror is not strictly a two way mirror.

Plus all the obvious stuff... PCB, power supply, power brick, box to hold the planet background, monitor brackets, monitor, the planet background, the star field, the loom, the lights, the coin mech...

That is going to be expensive and hard to track down!
stevebm1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevebm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 9:08pm
if you look closely,there are quite a few extra bolts drilled through the side art as well,holding what has been butchered inside perhaps?
wanted:GORGAR PINBALL BACKGLASS,OR WHOLE MACHINE
iamjimmi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamjimmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by stevebm1 stevebm1 wrote:

if you look closely,there are quite a few extra bolts drilled through the side art as well,holding what has been butchered inside perhaps?

Good spot - and a number of the front bolts are missing - these hold the cab together!

At just over £100 already and I think it's close to its value. It will be interesting to see what it gets to...

I'll make a punt that it will overreach what I think it's worth and make it to £175....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic