ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Valuations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

scud race cockpit +extras

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffo83x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: scud race cockpit +extras
    Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 12:43pm
valuation on this please

fully working scud race in good condition , has a few knocks  and scrapes  nothing serious and some filler in one panel where it turned up damaged
the seat back was  NOS a few little scrapes and slight sticker bubbles in places doubt you will find one better
Also comes with a full spare working stack
in cage 
spare ffb pcb and a complete loom that has all the other pcbs , power supply transformer etc 

WANTED ridge racer upright
neil1637 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neil1637 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 12:48pm
Such a good solid cab, great racer, gutted about that panel. But WOW! look at that seat!!!   GLWS.
Please visit my Arcade Diary Blog at https://neilsarcadediary.wordpress.com/

Always looking for Cabaret Cabinets
Shinydaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shinydaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 12:57pm
Mine didn't sell for £325 last year, ended up parting it out, which was a shame. With the extras, yours should achieve that figure surely.

Edited by Shinydaz - 07 Dec 2017 at 12:59pm
Hunting for a pole position !!
griffo83x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffo83x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 1:04pm
325 quid id sooner set fire to it

Shinydaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shinydaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 1:27pm
That's why I reluctantly parted mine out.
Hunting for a pole position !!
stegrey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 1:42pm
i think £600 with having all the spares the model 3 boards are getting more expenive and hard to find

Edited by stegrey - 07 Dec 2017 at 6:40pm
*SMG*
Wanted: Cabs: Paperboy, Daytona
Pcbs: Splatterhouse, WWf the arcade game
maskeddev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maskeddev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 1:51pm
£400 for the cab, dunno about the spare stack etc.

I bought two this year.
bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 6:37pm
£450 is good money for it so if you get an offer of that I would take it. Unfortunately it’s like someone has said earlier worth more in parts.

Hope you get a good price for it.

I parted out my stand up and got around £350 for it. Monitor was £150 and sold straight away.

Edited by bonehead - 07 Dec 2017 at 6:38pm
Always looking for a bargain.
Wanted. Centipede uprigh, bezerk, mad planets.
griffo83x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffo83x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by bonehead bonehead wrote:

£450 is good money for it so if you get an offer of that I would take it. Unfortunately it’s like someone has said earlier worth more in parts.

Hope you get a good price for it.

I parted out my stand up and got around £350 for it. Monitor was £150 and sold straight away.

Its a sad state of affairs when its worth more in bits, obviously would prefer this to go in one piece with the extras but would split if i had to, only selling due to lack of use and a house move is on the cards so i am downsizing otherwise i would keep it its a fantastic game and a really nice cab . i have had a few scud race cabs and this is the cleanest best condition by far.and a truly fantastic game even if it is hard as nails :)
griffo83x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffo83x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by neil1637 neil1637 wrote:

Such a good solid cab, great racer, gutted about that panel. But WOW! look at that seat!!!   GLWS.

cheers mate yeh your old cab, still cant knock you off the high score table and i have come first a few times( you must be one demon of a driver ) wrong game i know lol

awesome game mate :)
robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 8:37pm
i sold mine for £500 a few months back to another member but I had spent a few hundred more on parts and paint to restore it so I sold it on at a loss

I think a nice working cab like yours is worth £500 at least without the extra boards I would say £650 with the extra board set
scud is such a great underrated game I still regret selling mine
Glws

stegrey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 9:28pm
I still havent played scud.. arcade Club needs one :p
*SMG*
Wanted: Cabs: Paperboy, Daytona
Pcbs: Splatterhouse, WWf the arcade game
robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by stegrey stegrey wrote:

if you have the cash spare and the space to fit it in I would buy this one its in nice condition and a great game you wont be disappointed
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by stegrey stegrey wrote:

Ah, Scud Racer was the original Sega Dreamcast internal tech demo. And then it never bloody came out, did it:

But you can at least unlock versions of the Scud Race tracks on Xbox Outrun2 Wink

Cab looks lovely by the way. Shame on the filler too right.

Edited by Flinnster - 07 Dec 2017 at 10:34pm

Wanted: - PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Original Wonderboy PCB
- Parts needed: Naomi non-swivel castor / wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
MK36 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MK36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 10:45pm
I best make sure I play it on Saturday then pal as could be last time it's there !
bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 11:15pm
A twin scud is £600 ish so sell it as a single and then sell on the spare pcb set seleratly to make up the extra cash.
Always looking for a bargain.
Wanted. Centipede uprigh, bezerk, mad planets.
Vamino View Drop Down

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 11:38pm
I don't know why, but Scud Race is such an undervalued game.
Average condition single Daytona 2/Sega Rally 2 cabs are in the region of 600 + up and they usually sell quickly, while Scud Race cabs can get parted out because the parts are worth more than people want to pay for the cab.

From my experience there are 2 sorts of Scud Race cabs.
One type of cab is in loved condition like the one you own, and the other type is the cab that sits at the back of a warehouse housing rats and creepy crawlies because it's not cost effective to repair/restore.

I've saved 2 Scud Race twins now and they were all money pits. LOL
Every one was a loss making exercise with the money, time and effort I spent on them.
But, I think the game is an excellent game and a very historic title as it was the first Model 3 racer so that's why I tried to save them.

As for your cab.....the wiring to the PSU was hacked to heck when you got it, so we found you a nice unhacked loom. Then you also got very lucky and found a really nice seatback which then set you back around 100 if I recall?

A while back I personally paid around 300 for a pair of NOS Scud Seatbacks and also drove to Cambridge twice to collect them from Andy geezer. I think Scud Race is a lovely looking cab when it has all the artwork on it.

So for value, if it was my cab I personally wouldn't take less than 600 for it without the spares and if the panel was undamaged, it's just the side panel that got damaged during transit that lets your cab down and potentially takes a bit of value off it. I play Scud Race in my SR2 cab, and it's one of the last cabs I'd sell as I like playing SR2 ,Scud Race, Le Mans and Daytona 2 too much.

Edited by Vamino - 07 Dec 2017 at 11:40pm
Insert Coin[s]
robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 7:22am
A twin scud race for £600 ?
I have never seen one that cheap in nice fully working condition

Edited by robotech - 08 Dec 2017 at 9:18am
griffo83x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffo83x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by Vamino Vamino wrote:

I don't know why, but Scud Race is such an undervalued game.
Average condition single Daytona 2/Sega Rally 2 cabs are in the region of 600 + up and they usually sell quickly, while Scud Race cabs can get parted out because the parts are worth more than people want to pay for the cab.

From my experience there are 2 sorts of Scud Race cabs.
One type of cab is in loved condition like the one you own, and the other type is the cab that sits at the back of a warehouse housing rats and creepy crawlies because it's not cost effective to repair/restore.

I've saved 2 Scud Race twins now and they were all money pits. LOL
Every one was a loss making exercise with the money, time and effort I spent on them.
But, I think the game is an excellent game and a very historic title as it was the first Model 3 racer so that's why I tried to save them.

As for your cab.....the wiring to the PSU was hacked to heck when you got it, so we found you a nice unhacked loom. Then you also got very lucky and found a really nice seatback which then set you back around 100 if I recall?

A while back I personally paid around 300 for a pair of NOS Scud Seatbacks and also drove to Cambridge twice to collect them from Andy geezer. I think Scud Race is a lovely looking cab when it has all the artwork on it.

So for value, if it was my cab I personally wouldn't take less than 600 for it without the spares and if the panel was undamaged, it's just the side panel that got damaged during transit that lets your cab down and potentially takes a bit of value off it. I play Scud Race in my SR2 cab, and it's one of the last cabs I'd sell as I like playing SR2 ,Scud Race, Le Mans and Daytona 2 too much.

hey ian , yes mate scud is such a underated game it really is fantastic probably a bit to difficult for most peoples taste's though ?

Anyway thanks for your valuation thought mate as we both know these scud cabs can turn up pretty grotty after 20 years in a arcade somewhere with no love then left to rot in a warehouse once they have gone faulty. This cab certainly is not one of those .its a nice clean rust free example with no coca cola and sticky goo and fluff inside clogging it downLOL  apart from the panel its a really nice cab as you know i sorted out the niggles with the loom by replacing the whole thing and fitted a nice new seatback and brand new seat pegs , just a shame about the panel agghhh

will think it over anyway and list it in the new year im not in any mad rush to sell and i will play it some more Smile

cheers paul

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic