Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Scud Race Dx Dynamic Rolling Motion System

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s18dav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scud Race Dx Dynamic Rolling Motion System
    Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 9:55am
Hi

Does any clever soul know from this pic i have taken of the internal gubbins
of this motion machine what parts may need greasing etc as part of a routine
maintenance.All is working as it should but doesnt look like anyone has been in this
part of the machine for sometime.

The ringed part in red i suspect needs some but does either the lower force feedback belt for the steering 
or the upper belt and cogs in the picture which does the rocking part of the cab ??

Though best to ask as i suspect neither of the upper or lower belts need anything
but i could be wrong.

Also there is a further belt parts  under the machine which i believe the upper belt in the picture connects to as part of the rocking motion.

Thanks Guys

Edited by s18dav - 12 Jan 2018 at 9:56am
bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 10:10am
I don’t know anything about these machines but I would guess a little oil or wd40 would help the rollers on the belts. Don’t oil the belt but the spindle that holds the roller. Surely that would make the belt turn them more smoothly?

Only my opinion so wait for others to reply.
Always looking for a bargain.
Wanted. Centipede uprigh, bezerk, mad planets.
s18dav View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s18dav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 11:01am
Thanks Bonehead i did think the same but could see no evidence of any previous oiling
and i only have up to page 9 of the manual lol 

John Bennett View Drop Down

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 11:22am
If you were to treat it like a belt system on a car, then it'd be a case of:
Inspecting belts and pulleys for wear.
Checking tension on belts.
Replacing anything that has a maintenance interval (so not applicable, I guess).

Most rotating things probably spin on seal ball-bearing units, so with the belts removed you'd check they spun freely and smoothly. If not, you'd have to replace the bearings (can't see new pulleys being available). Spraying anything into them could harm then (WD40 is a degreaser so you'd wash out the packed grease).
You don't see open-gears in a car engine bay, but I'd presume they have grease on them which should still be present. If not, you'll need to apply an appropriate grease.

So not a lot I can think of other than an inspection. Maybe wipe some rust off a belt or a pulley, for what little it'll do.

Edited by John Bennett - 12 Jan 2018 at 11:23am
obcd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obcd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 12:43pm
A belt in a car rotates at 1000 rev/min when the motor is running. I think your game will need a lot of playing before it comes into that neiborhood. A disadvantage of grease is that it collects dust. A dry system can be blown clean with an air compressor. A greased system will need the old grease removed with some paper tissue. Usually the manuals contained some information with the periodic maintenance that needed to be done (and most of the time never is by an arcade operator). You might check the points in there.
s18dav View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s18dav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 12:03am
Cheers guys some good points there

Have found a manual for sale so.hopefully it will
Have something in there

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic