ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > For Sale
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sega Connector Kits - Outrun/Powerdrift and More
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Sega Connector Kits - Outrun/Powerdrift and More

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dj_yt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj_yt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 9:46pm
Yes. I'm using it. ;)
KillingYOUsoftly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KillingYOUsoftly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 10:43am
Originally posted by ChuckSmith ChuckSmith wrote:

Hey everyone: Because I know you all love Outrun, I wanted to ask: Is anyone using the new Outrun Enhanced high score save kit with many new fixes including fixing sample #13 in the sound test ?

Yeah, one of the first things I did, hi score save and free-play attract are well worth it, also gets rid of the annoying sound glitch, which used to scare the **it out of me!.
ChuckSmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckSmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 12:33pm
Thanks, I am using high score save kit 1.0.3 which does not have all the features. If you are using code 1.1.1,    Q: What is the fixed sound (voice) in test menu #13 Voice #4 ?
Hurray Banana View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by dj_yt dj_yt wrote:

Yes. I'm using it. ;)

Big smile
ronsplooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronsplooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 1:08pm
Where can you buy the high score save kit from?
dj_yt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj_yt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 1:13pm
You don't need to buy anything to save the scores. You can patch the standard ROMs with the set of files here:
http://reassembler.blogspot.co.uk/2011/08/outrun-enhanced-edition.html

The only hardware mod you could optionally make is to install a bigger super capacitor on your PCB. This will save the scores for longer on power off. 

At some point in the future, I'll bring in the soft dip switch support from AfterBurner Enhanced. But there are other projects I want to work on first. 

Edited by dj_yt - 25 Aug 2017 at 1:14pm
Purity View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Purity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 8:42pm
Bump

Some examples on social media of the kits being used Big smile

Edited by Purity - 05 Sep 2017 at 8:42pm
Purity View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Purity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 5:21pm
Still got plenty of connectors left if anyone needs to make up a Sega test loom
Layer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 9:58am
I recently won an Outrun auction, then I'm interested in a kit to make to Jamma.

Pics of Outrun board : https://yahoo.jp/box/sEAAex
Purity View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Purity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 10:30am
yea looks like the standard connectors - 2x10pin, 1x20pin, 1x50pin, 1x6pin, 1x4pin

Odd blue coloured connector though.  I wonder if thats been changed at some point?
Layer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 10:37am
I don't know about the blue connector, but I already saw it on another Outrun board set too.
Layer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 11:17am
OR kit received in good conditions. Many thanx Wink
Purity View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Purity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 12:12pm
Thumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckSmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 1:04pm
(Remove)

Edited by ChuckSmith - 16 Apr 2018 at 1:48pm
dj_yt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj_yt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by ChuckSmith ChuckSmith wrote:

Hey everyone. While the code is free, some folks don't have the tools or skills to patch their roms. If that's you, then there is a great guy who is making high score save kits.
I purchased his kit and it works great. He's also very helpful if you have any questions.

He's breaking the license we released the software under, so I'd kindly suggest not purchasing from him and others selling the ROMs. 

Myself (and others) put hundreds of hours into writing this software, and sought to make no profit from it.

Whilst unsurprising that people think this is 'ok', I take a dim view - and it's another reason I'm moving to distribute future releases, like AfterBurner Enhanced, on a 1 to 1 basis. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckSmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 1:17pm
(Removed)

Edited by ChuckSmith - 16 Apr 2018 at 1:48pm
dj_yt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj_yt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 1:36pm
I can safely tell you that is does not cost $50 + postage to program a set of these EPROMs. 

The seller is not doing it out of the kindness of his own heart. He's profiting from the unpaid work of others and considerably so. 
Purity View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Purity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 2:48pm
That sucks man Thumbs Down
Ace` View Drop Down
PlanB contributor #1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 3:26pm
Looks like there's at least one seller on uk ebay too.
clarkey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 10:45pm
Is it still possible to get a set of the outrun adapters?

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic