ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Sega Mega Drive 1 to Jamma project

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryantiger99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sega Mega Drive 1 to Jamma project
    Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 10:30am
Hi UK VAC  gang ,
I am looking to convert my sega mega drive model 1 version PAL UK   this runs on 10 v  from looking at the back information  plate 

it has been 50/60 HZ modded already 

Can any one point me in the right direction i am looking for a complete guide web link  if any one has created one with detailed photos 

some one has done some great work here ( web link below )  but i need more tech info on where exactly  to connect the voltage   jamma    12  to 9 v      or I have also heard that it can direct from the 5v that would be eaiser and no need for a DC to DC  voltage reducer  

I can sort out the video and audio also the controls no issue for me and wire solder direct to a Jamma 56 pin connection board 

http://8bitplus.co.uk/projects/jammadrive-arcade-sega-mega-drive/

Brettster View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brettster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 12:54pm
I made one of these a while back I'll check how I wired up the voltage

Looking for More Space!!
grobda View Drop Down
User
User
"Look at the size of that thing!"

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote grobda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 2:15pm
looks like the voltage regulator in a megadrive can take 12v as an input voltage;

Didn't know this at the time so I took the regulator out of my mk2 and powered it from 5v, It was one of 3 I picked up for £10 (ahh i miss those prices) so didn't mind modding it. 

The video you linked looks like it's working fine, but I had trouble with the display being washed out and after a bit of research into the reasons scart RGB is different to Jamma RGB I bought a console to jamma adaptor;

someone else made a similar thing;

I've done pad hacks for MD, saturn, psx and Atari 9 pin (2600,800,ST,Amiga etc.) it's fun playing them in a cab. Good luck!

sporadically obsessed with this sh*t
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic