ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Sega model 3 driver questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danscu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sega model 3 driver questions
    Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 4:38pm
Hi
Just putting together my disassembled Scud Race driver (many thanks again for the cab Robotech!) and have a few queries...

1)  What is this long metal piece used for normally?

2)  This ground wire has 2 connectors, I know the 2nd connector attaches to the dashboard but what does the 1st one connect to?

3)  What does this 3rd connector coming from the pedals connect to?

Thanks in advance!
Dan
WTB:)
Sega model 2 or 3 sitdown driver base/frame
Electrocoin Goliath Mk 3
Sega Shootout Pool marquee
Outrun2 View Drop Down
Colonel Outrun

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outrun2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 5:01pm
1. Not familiar with the wooden base versions, sorry.
2. It will chain to the main frame that houses the monitor (not the monitor chassis, the big frame that holds it all up).
3. Nothing.

Make sure you fit the Model 3 dash (top in picture) rather than the Model 2 dash (bottom in picture).
Would like:
No more cabs.. please!!
Vamino View Drop Down

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 5:39pm
Pretty much what Gary said mate.

The long bar may be part of what the locking mech attaches to? I've never seen a cab with the full mech attached, all the cabs I've seen have had that locking mech removed.

Some advice from personal experience, make sure every piece of metalwork is grounded securely mate, otherwise these older Scud Race cabs can introduce some interference on the monitor/through the speakers when the FFB motor kicks in.

I look forward to seeing pics of your Scud Race twin when it's assembled! Big smile

Edited by Vamino - 13 Sep 2017 at 5:41pm
Insert Coin[s]
Danscu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danscu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 6:01pm
Many thanks guys thats greatSmile

Vamino - will defo get pics up once assembled, and thanks again for the lightboxThumbs Up
Electrocoin Goliath Mk 3
Fantazia2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fantazia2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 7:00pm
Are the long metal pieces there to attach the metal base to that the seat slider mech is attached to.
Danscu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danscu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 11:37pm
Hi 
Apologies in advance for all these questions but I'm a bit stuck

Thought it might be best to number the questions in this thread due to how many there areLOL

Q1 Could anyone confirm where the 3 ground connectors under the seat connect?

Q2  Just wanted to check this ground connector in the monitor section connects here?  I know the other end connects to the dash.

Q3  This ground is not connected on my other Scud cab, I assume these are only used to ground the toppers?

Q4  This ground is separate from the other wires, and I'm not sure where this is supposed to go?  Is it to ground the coin door housing?

Q5 On my other single Scud race cab, there are four wires covered by black tubing that connect to the topper (under the top panel).

On my new single cab this wiring appears missing and the wires have been cut in the past at the connector as shown.  So I assume I need to splice in new wires where they have been cut off, but could anyone confirm where they then connect to?

Many thanks!
Dan
Electrocoin Goliath Mk 3
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic