Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Sega Naomi 1 motherboards

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERSPRINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sega Naomi 1 motherboards
    Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 8:29pm
Hi, I’m looking for sega Naomi motherboards, must be tested working, cased or out of case, bios not important.
Thank you.
pianela View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pianela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 10:20am
Hi,
available Naomi1 board (Multibios) replaced Fan (more silenced)
request 85€.
robotech View Drop Down

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 10:35am
85€
Daytonaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lets go away
Outrun2 View Drop Down
User
User
Colonel Outrun

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outrun2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 9:32pm
How many are you after?
Would like:
No more cabs.. please!!
SUPERSPRINT View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERSPRINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 10:05pm
I need 3 to fix my f355 deluxe.
Outrun2 View Drop Down
User
User
Colonel Outrun

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outrun2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 11:11pm
What sort of price are you looking to pay? One of my contacts has offered me half a dozen but I have no need for that many
Would like:
No more cabs.. please!!
AMS View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 4:42am
You need to check as you need no 1 to be the old type and nr2/3/4 can be one of the newer types

You also have the japan made and philliphines . You can’t just cramp any Naomi in there :-)
robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 5:40am
Originally posted by AMS AMS wrote:

You need to check as you need no 1 to be the old type and nr2/3/4 can be one of the newer types

You also have the japan made and philliphines . You can’t just cramp any Naomi in there :-)

"Dogs of the ams time they made a move"
Comes into my mind evey time you post and i see your forum name
Followed by "i dont wanna die " and other quotes from that game i love the cheezy acting   
Daytonaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lets go away
chris2922 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris2922 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 6:32am

Does this apply to the 2 board multi board setup as well? Only the top board has to be the earlier revision?
If so that’s really useful info as they’re getting harder to find
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERSPRINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 6:51am
Must admit I didn’t know they were different, I just assumed it was a stack of 3 and a rom board. If anyone can help on getting together the equivalent of a multi Naomi then that’s what I need.
Thank you.
AMS View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 9:25am
Originally posted by robotech robotech wrote:

"Dogs of the ams time they made a move"
Comes into my mind evey time you post and i see your forum name
Followed by "i dont wanna die " and other quotes from that game i love the cheezy acting   

Hahaha

You need the board with the game pcb to be the old type. The rest can be newer types. This also is for the 2 pcb stacks .

On the 3 pcb stack airline pilots an Sega strike fighter it makes no diff what bios you are using on all 3 as it uses normal Naomi boot rom and the 1 running the games is master choice. Because of the Ferrari using a special bios like house of the dead 2 it need the old Naomi with the 2 large heatsinks early 1999 . Just 1x the rest of the 3 boards can be mixed with philly and smaller revisions
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERSPRINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 9:52am
Ok thanks for that info, I’ll have a look through what I’ve got and post up exactly what I need, appreciate the detailed response.
Vamino View Drop Down

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 11:23am
I've only ever seen Philippines Naomi's in F355/2 twin stacks, I've only seen the older Naomi's in earlier F355's. And I've had earlier Naomi's refuse to work in a F355 stack, possibly due to a different Bios chip.

It is the case that you need early boards in F355 DX, but it's not the case in twin machines as they are a lot more forgiving. That info is from Andy Geezer, Craig/Giz10p and Mike who had a fleet of F355 twins that he had installed in articulated lorries where he took them up and down the country to events and stuff.

The most reliable boards for F355 twins are the Philippines ones from my experience. I stay away from the smaller Naomi's when using them in F355 even though Mike said he had no issues using them. Naomi's do go bad from time to time, but once you get a reliable stack you don't get many issues with stable voltage and good cooling. The problem is that you don't know the history of used stuff.

Edited by Vamino - 20 Sep 2020 at 11:29am
Insert Coin[s]
AMS View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 2:19pm
So in other worlds just get the old Naomi San ace with the dual black heatsinks and you are always save :-))
Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 3:51pm
There are 2 versions with the San Ace fans though mate.

One version is made in Japan and another version is made in Philippines. I've got one Japan Naomi board here that refuses to work in part of a F355 stack, but it works standalone.

There was some talk a while ago that there are different Bios chips which can cause incompatibilities. This is a complicated subject......the info I've heard is always to try and use Japan made Naomi for F355 DX. Twin F355 that use 2 Naomi's in the stack are more forgiving but there can be compatibility issues whatever board you use.

I tend to avoid the smaller Naomi version with the cheap fans, but again I've heard someone say they were used without any issues at all in a Twin machine. Because I have twins I mainly use Philippine versions because I've never encountered any issues.

Complicated subject! LOL
Insert Coin[s]
Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 3:57pm

Craig/Giz10p says the same thing in the above thread about having the correct revision not work in a DX stack. There's also a thread somewhere that shows what chip is different. There is a small chip soldered to the Naomi which is different, not the actual Bios chip.

I'll see if I can find that thread.......
Insert Coin[s]
Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 4:06pm

Here's the thread that talks about the different EEPROM chips.
Like I said, it's a complicated subject! LOL
Insert Coin[s]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic