Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > High Scores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Sega Rally

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shekel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by 2huwman 2huwman wrote:

Wow! Great times across all formats. Is this with bouncing off the hairpins?

Certain turns, yes (not the mountain hairpin, though). I wouldn't play it any other way now.

Good job Smraedis. I'm glad you improved your time. We can all be faster.

Edited by Shekel - 04 Apr 2017 at 1:13am
Shekel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shekel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 10:36pm
Finally got a 3'17 and it's good that I got this screenshot because it's not saved it..

EDIT: Yeah, so I thought I was going to have to start a new save file again and I did (which is quite annoying), but long story short, the file's not corrupted, it just won't save anything new through LaunchBox for some reason. If I use the original launcher, it's ok. It's doubtful anyone will have the same problem, but just in case, don't use it for this game.

I had to work to get another 3'17 back on the board. The 3'18"13 was from the same session as the shot above so that's why it's also gone.

Edited by Shekel - 04 Apr 2017 at 12:03am
Kev A View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 3:04pm
Some impressive times here for sure, trying to copy some of your lines and I'm slowly getting my own times down, have now got a couple of 3.23s.
There are definitely two areas I can improve on, the final corner on the desert stage, where I either go wide exiting the corner or lose too much speed if I try and keep tight.
I also have trouble getting cleanly past the red and green car on the forest stage, they seem to bunch together after the hairpin. think I'm losing a second there.
Kev A View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 7:19pm
Slowly getting there, into the 3.22s now, still losing some time on the Forest stage, although getting past the green and red car near the hairpin more cleanly.

2huwman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2huwman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 7:24am
Originally posted by Kev A Kev A wrote:

Slowly getting there, into the 3.22s now, still losing some time on the Forest stage, although getting past the green and red car near the hairpin more cleanly.

Really good times there. I've plateaued in the 3.23s for now but know I can improve with more consistency.
Kev A View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 3:19pm
Managed to get a sub 3.22 on cam at the weekend, still have a couple of turns on the desert stage that I'm not happy with.

Edited by Kev A - 30 Jan 2018 at 5:09pm
Hurray Banana View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 3:30pm
tube yt video name /tube

tube tags enclosed in square brackets
Kev A View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 9:44am
Originally posted by Hurray Banana Hurray Banana wrote:

tube yt video name /tube

tube tags enclosed in square brackets

Thanks matey, what's the best time on Hardware at the moment, have you bettered your 3:21:33?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 10:06am
I'd have to look at my scoreboard in the game room for time. My Sega Rally is poorly, need to look at the loom, so haven't played for ages
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 10:07am
You can get faster times by using the collision detection mechanics, but I prefer to drive by controlling the car properly
2huwman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2huwman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 10:12am

Managed to get a sub 3.22 on cam at the weekend, still have a couple of turns on the desert stage that I'm not happy with.

Great laps! You go wider on the approach to the corners before the tunnel in forest than I do - I'll try that to see if it helps me shave a bit more off. Still haven't beaten 3.23,17

Also, are you playing on hard mode, because you seem to have a lot less time than I do playing on normal? 

Edited by 2huwman - 31 Jan 2018 at 10:12am
Kev A View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Hurray Banana Hurray Banana wrote:

You can get faster times by using the collision detection mechanics, but I prefer to drive by controlling the car properly

Yeah I'm not a massive fan of that either, plus my upright has a sequential shifter so its hard to be in forth, bounce and get back down to 2nd to take off again quickly enough.

Originally posted by 2huwman 2huwman wrote:

Great laps! You go wider on the approach to the corners before the tunnel in forest than I do - I'll try that to see if it helps me shave a bit more off. Still haven't beaten 3.23,17

Also, are you playing on hard mode, because you seem to have a lot less time than I do playing on normal? 

Cheers matey, I have tried approaching those forest corners in a number of ways, occasionally by going wide and cutting in onto the grass and wide again I can do it fast enough to overtake the blue/red/white car on the corner, but I cant do it consistently.

Yeah I have it set to hardest, If I mess up a lap and want to start again I was getting bored of waiting for the countdown to finish, it doesn't seem to effect anything other than the time.
Kev A View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 11:15am
Have been getting poor times recently, then discovered the micro switch in the gear stick was sensing double presses when changing up so I was skipping gears, turns out it had just come unscrewed slightly. All fixed now and managed to get a time I'm pretty happy with 3.21.32

Still losing time on the last two corners of the forest stage and I'm sure there is time to be made up on the long desert corner.

Have also been experimenting with different lines on the corners on the Forest stage before the tunnel, I'm now convinced going wide on the approach is the quickest line.

Lots of arm flailing in this one....

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 12:35pm
Great time, still need to fix my machine
Kev A View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 5:14pm
Thanks matey, what's wrong with yours?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 5:53pm

Thanks matey, what's wrong with yours?

Getting freezes, it's a power issue but I haven't had time to re-do the loom, need to do a more complete rebuild of the power supply I think
Kev A View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 7:48pm
damm sounds like a bit of a mission
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 8:03pm
Yeah I thought I had it sorted, but maybe not Unhappy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic