Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

SEGA System2 jumpers, purpose?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keropi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SEGA System2 jumpers, purpose?
    Posted: 16 May 2019 at 6:09pm
Hello!

anyone knows the purpose of these solder-jumper point on SEGA System2 boards?

I have an original Choplifter and a Wonderboy in Monster Land (cannot say for sure this is a conversion or not) and they have the jumper under IC75 different. 
Now Monster Land works correctly with both settings but I am now wondering what the correct one is...

Any ideas? thanks in advance!!! Smile
smarty View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smarty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 9:04pm
My System2 Choplifter is parched the same as your two photos. The blue wire must be a factory mod as mine has it too. They might be marked up on the Choplifter schematics as they’re on the web if you want to search for them.
jumpnfire.com

MOST WANTED:
- Atari Return of the Jedi upright cabinet.
- Atari Pole Position PCB's.
keropi View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keropi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 9:44pm
the blue wire is a factory mod so that you don't need a protection mcu for the games
this is weird because my original choplifter has the bridge on both points under IC75 ...
left of the "jamma" connector there is a silkscreen with the pcb part number, can you tell me smarty what your board has there?

Edited by keropi - 17 May 2019 at 10:40am
smarty View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smarty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 8:14pm
Sure, here's some images. I think that covers all the silkscreen and stickers on the board:

Edited by smarty - 17 May 2019 at 8:14pm
jumpnfire.com

MOST WANTED:
- Atari Return of the Jedi upright cabinet.
- Atari Pole Position PCB's.
keropi View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keropi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 11:54pm
thanks!!!

it seems you have another revision ...
my boards are 171-5303-01 (choplifter, both points soldered) and 171-5305 (same as your pics) and they don't use the protection MCU 
atm I left the jumpers as they are , both boards run Monster Land just fine (after swapping ICs that is) and original Wonderboy... so maybe those jumpers are revision dependent and not roms used ... no idea :\

anyways it seems this will remain a mystery - thanks though smarty for the time spent on this!!!

Edited by keropi - 17 May 2019 at 11:55pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic