ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Info > Site Maintenance and Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Senior Member group changes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neo-geo-mvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 4:14pm
Let's see how many points I've got.. 

Edit: Another 7 years then to get back to Senior Member LOL

Edited by neo-geo-mvs - 12 Jan 2019 at 4:15pm
joe34 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joe34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 4:26pm
it would be nice if we can edit it to whatever we like, such as.. 'Big Member' Embarrassed

ok maybe not.... but.....  how about the possibility to use even just a little bigger sized avatars?

examples below:

64 x 64 pixels:
(this is currently the maximum size avatar allowed)

80 x 80 pixels:

100 x 100 pixels:

GadgetFreak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GadgetFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 4:36pm
It's taken me 2.5 years to get to "Senior Member", so if it moves to 5000 then I will be a "groupie" until the day I can't lift a soldering iron or remember how to code (22.5 years)

I do agree though 500 can be hit easily if you post a lot in For Sale / Valuations. You could always exclude certain sections of the forum from the points tally. It really depends on what you want the status to reflect.
Flinnster View Drop Down

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 5:18pm
I would say any system is ultimately open to dodgey behaviour just as it is with the current scoring system.
Perhaps an additional function to allow people to downvote posts anonymously, as well as the current 'thank' button on posts might even things out in some cases.
But then that is open to abuse also. Some people would downvote simply because they disagree, not that the content of the post is wrong. It's not a simple thing to please everyone all of the time.

For instance if I reply to Aaron and say his RomPatcher is ace, I get a point, but he gets none.
If I simply click the teeny 'thanks' button at the top of the post, he gets 5 points, but I get none.

Ultimately, you can't beat actually meeting people face-to-face at an event in person to find out what people are really like. A number on a forum is just a dumb number really.

Edited by Flinnster - 12 Jan 2019 at 5:24pm

WTD: OutrunDLX, Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Wonderboy pcb
Parts WTD: Naomi wheels, Dino King Door metal clip
stegrey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 6:04pm
500 posts before you can buy would be good to stop some of the new flippers.. But then would be bit harsh on genuine members who are looking for a grail :/
(Current cabs) sega rally twin,OR upright,Or2,Scud race upright,Ridge racer Dlx,Daytona Twin Dlx, New astro city,sega Naomi universal
Pins: TAF WCS94

ben76 View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Hunts Spies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ben76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 6:24pm
Disponable

- Ben

Edited by ben76 - 12 Jan 2019 at 6:25pm
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 6:30pm
Instant -6000 points for Ben LOL

Edited by Flinnster - 12 Jan 2019 at 6:30pm

WTD: OutrunDLX, Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Wonderboy pcb
Parts WTD: Naomi wheels, Dino King Door metal clip
tb lilley View Drop Down
5 Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb lilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 6:34pm
I hope to God the mods ignore the posts in this thread. Nothing worse than trying to manage / change anything by committee.
It's only original once.
ben76 View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Hunts Spies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ben76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Flinnster Flinnster wrote:

Instant -6000 points for Ben LOL

fine with me
It's not a badge of honour... You don't get treated any different at events, etc. .. As everyone knows you join somewhere get to know people and there you go... There is one exception though... If you know Jodo then you should be given £1,000,000 if you admit to it... ??

- Ben
cools View Drop Down
I joined ages ago honest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cools Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 8:34am
The thanks button doesnt appear on the mobile view, I had no idea it existed.

Add downvoting and I'd have to seriously reconsider ever visiting here again. It inevitably leads to a toxic environment.
Chuckie egg View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nintendo Arcade

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Chuckie egg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 10:05am
Bruce lee never had a black belt.
And even if he did it wouldn’t make him a better fighter.
Medals and Status means nothing If you don’t have the knowledge and passion and respect amongst others in the community.
Be like water my friends not points
I’ll be back next week with more Sunday morning karma
JohnBud View Drop Down
There's only one JB, only one JB!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnBud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 3:37pm

https://youtu.be/PI9jFp0cnig

TheDaddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Chuckie egg Chuckie egg wrote:

Bruce lee never had a black belt.
And even if he did it wouldn’t make him a better fighter.
Medals and Status means nothing If you don’t have the knowledge and passion and respect amongst others in the community.
Be like water my friends not points
I’ll be back next week with more Sunday morning karma

Well said that man,

Dave.
AKA Wonderboy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic