ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - should operators be allowed on a collectors forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

should operators be allowed on a collectors forum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffo83x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: should operators be allowed on a collectors forum
    Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 10:37pm
As above???
wanted video wizard/ Ec midi / similar jamma cab :)
u72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote u72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 10:41pm
Is this directed at me?
Visit the Largest Classic Video Arcade in Europe!

Arcade Club Home Page
LewisGamer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LewisGamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 10:42pm
No! Everyone knows operators are sub human!
Independent games store owner and EX-organizer of Retro Games Night at the Batcave! I now do nothing but weep into my pillow at night... Sometimes I wake up in a pool of sweat, you weren't there man!
griffo83x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffo83x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 10:43pm
just asking a question you feeling guilty ?

patloz View Drop Down

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patloz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 10:45pm
I take it you mean operators of retro machines such as Arcade Club, RGP  etc? people who have interests in machines like we have but operate them as a business?

What are your concerns to ask such a question?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LewisGamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 10:46pm
Well... it’s a mighty coincidence that after you got upset about Andy purchasing a console on an arcade forum, you went on to make this post. I’m sure you are a stand up guy, but this behaviour is not setting a good example.
Independent games store owner and EX-organizer of Retro Games Night at the Batcave! I now do nothing but weep into my pillow at night... Sometimes I wake up in a pool of sweat, you weren't there man!
lix View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 10:47pm
How about hoarders? Who have a bunch of stuff switched off for decades with a mere hint of a human touch? Flippers and breakers can definitely go.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LewisGamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 10:51pm
Sorry. This thread can only be toxic. I’m sorry for the whole affair. Kiss and make up everyone. Been told by a few people that you are a top dude Griffo.
Ace` View Drop Down
PlanB contributor #1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ace` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 10:51pm
If it wasn't for ops we wouldn't have cabs and boards in our collectons. I don't see how you'd stop them or why you'd want to.
griffo83x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffo83x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 10:53pm
No what im saying if you have cash as a operator should you be on a collectors forum the clue is in the name

UKVAC= collectors not operators 

u72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote u72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 10:54pm
Yeah, I heard he was a top bloke as well - peace :)
Visit the Largest Classic Video Arcade in Europe!

Arcade Club Home Page
TheDaddy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TheDaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 10:56pm
My opinion for what its worth. I think everyone should be aloud on here, Its a community of people who enjoy arcade cabs. I agree flippers can sod off !!! They are not ' Collectors ' and are not concerned about the preservation of games but rather how much they can make. Arcade ops are keeping the games going and preserving them so I think it would be rather silly to try and Ban them from being on here. I think the question should be ' Why should ops NOT be aloud on here ?? '. 

Dave.

P.S Don't shoot me for my opinion , You are welcome to your own.

P.S.S Ops are collectors are they not ??

Edited by TheDaddy - 08 Nov 2018 at 10:57pm
AKA Wonderboy.
rcantor77 View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Candy Kid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rcantor77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 10:59pm
Not sure it matters tbh... its the fastest finger first, so that could be collector or operator and if you are not fast enough then you move on.

And there not any rules about posting in the thread to claim an item... its the sellers decision who he sells to and that could be from someone, posting in the thread, private messaging or calling on the phone... its up to them. Its not for the forum to dictate who someone should sell to...

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LewisGamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 10:59pm
Arcade Club is a fecking amazing thing, and I’m in now way upset if my stuff is sold to help build on that. It’s something for everyone I guess :D
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LewisGamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by rcantor77 rcantor77 wrote:

Not sure it matters tbh... its the fastest finger first, so that could be collector or operator and if you are not fast enough then you move on.

And there not any rules about posting in the thread to claim an item... its the sellers decision who he sells to and that could be from someone, posting in the thread, private messaging or calling on the phone... its up to them. Its not for the forum to dictate who someone should sell to...

Amen!

The voice of reason ;)
griffo83x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffo83x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by u72 u72 wrote:

Yeah, I heard he was a top bloke as well - peace :)

Been to my house , picked through speccy games from the back of craigs car outside arcade club , claims he dont know me 

Edited by griffo83x - 08 Nov 2018 at 11:04pm
patloz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patloz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 11:05pm
It takes all kinds of animals to make up a jungle and the jungle needs all the animals to co exist to maintain an equilibrium.

The more that gets sold on here means more people will look to the forum as a viable outlet over Ebay , Gumtree etc.

what we do need to shake off is this "forum pricing" waffle, yes we can have a bit of a deal with each other on here and help each other out with bits and bobs but a machine has a market value and that's what I would expect it to sell for not for less just because its on this forum.

All this does is make people shuffle off to other selling mediums to ask the market value and it ends up in the hands of non forum members.

If a cabs market value is a grand on ebay then it should be for sale at £900+ on here due to the removal of charges not any less in my eyes.

Edited by patloz - 08 Nov 2018 at 11:07pm
2huwman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2huwman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 11:07pm
Of course operators should be allowed on the forum.
Message me if you need a JAMMA Cab-ready 15Khz MAME PC!

https://www.arcadepcs.com/
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LewisGamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 11:07pm
“Been to my house , picked through speccy games from the back of craigs car outside arcade club , claims he dont know me”

I think that was humour.
Chill Griffo. I’ll see if I can source another PC Engine for you through the shop. Is there anything else you are after?

Edited by LewisGamer - 08 Nov 2018 at 11:09pm
griffo83x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffo83x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by 2huwman 2huwman wrote:

Of course operators should be allowed on the forum.

why ? maybe we should call it ukvac/o then ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic