ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - should operators be allowed on a collectors forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

should operators be allowed on a collectors forum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 12:50pm
because they will just burn cabs rather than sell them to collectors that slag them off , i have come across this my self and the number of ops i deal with that refuse to sell to collectors is scary ,

i have been to ops who would and have smashed up gear rather than dealy with winey collecotrs

im not a op , nore am i saying that all collectors are winey , but someone is upseting ther Op's
rlml.co.uk
AnDyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnDyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by anj anj wrote:

because they will just burn cabs rather than sell them to collectors that slag them off , i have come across this my self and the number of ops i deal with that refuse to sell to collectors is scary ,

i have been to ops who would and have smashed up gear rather than dealy with winey collectors

+1
geosnow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geosnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 1:41pm
I am a collector but without the operators there are no arcade games. LOL
aeroflott View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
A different league

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeroflott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 2:11pm
You've got to remember the dynamic of the relationship between collector and operator. 

The bottom line is ops owe us nothing. Any opportunities to raid or buy stuff should be regarded as a bonus, not a right.
big10p View Drop Down

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 2:23pm
Must admit, if I was an op and had collectors asking reams of questions and asking for photos of this, that, and the other, I'd get pretty pissed off, too! LOL
geosnow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geosnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 3:13pm
I just had so many good deals with ops. Most of all my Toaplans, Taitos, Capcom and Sega pcbs were dirt cheap from operators.

Just those CAVEs are dam expensive since NO op in Europe or US has them. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic