Skin:

Space Firebird board set

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Space Firebird board set
    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 3:34pm
Hi,

If someone has a Space Firebird board set for sale, I’d be interested.
It can be Nintendo/Nitchibutsu/bootleg - I don’t really care.
Preferably working, but doesn’t have to be.

Coin-op addict 1976-1983, 88-92, 2014-Present. Regional Atari (Pac-Man) Champion 1982. Utter failure at consoles & handhelds.WANTED - ATARI BREAKOUT RF CAGE!!!
antray84 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antray84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 5:34pm
I brought one on here for a cocktail I had a month or so back. But it didn't fix my problem and I lost interest in trying to fix it.turns out it's a power issue not anything wrong with the pcb.

Sold to me as working but I have never been able to test due to the power issue.happy to sell it on if you're interested. I can link you to the original for sale thread on here if you want to check it out.
Big Apple 3am
ocb View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 6:38pm
Sure - put the link on. I did a search, but couldn't find it.
Coin-op addict 1976-1983, 88-92, 2014-Present. Regional Atari (Pac-Man) Champion 1982. Utter failure at consoles & handhelds.WANTED - ATARI BREAKOUT RF CAGE!!!
patzik View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patzik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 3:30pm
Coincidence would have it that I am just now working on 3 space firebird pcb's I have.
I got one working but not all sounds are there, one has 4 faulty ram chips and sound is there but I think the fire and explosion sounds are off, and one has all ram chips faulty (8), but is otherwise 100% ok.
I'd like to keep them until all 3 are fully working so I have a working board to compare to, but once they are all up and running, 2 will be fore sale. Haven't looked at the price yet, maybe you have an idea?
ocb View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by patzik patzik wrote:

Coincidence would have it that I am just now working on 3 space firebird pcb's I have.
I got one working but not all sounds are there, one has 4 faulty ram chips and sound is there but I think the fire and explosion sounds are off, and one has all ram chips faulty (8), but is otherwise 100% ok.
I'd like to keep them until all 3 are fully working so I have a working board to compare to, but once they are all up and running, 2 will be fore sale. Haven't looked at the price yet, maybe you have an idea?

Hey patzik - I think this is the first time we have talked, so "goede dag vanuit Vlaams Brabant". My Dutch is really bad, it's been on my to do list for the past 10 years Wink

I have no clue for price. I see one for sale on eBay in the US, but this is purely a bit of fun for me. I have a "firebird inspired" -  aka bootleg - cab that's been languishing in my garage for far too long. 

Edited by ocb - 23 Dec 2020 at 4:24pm
patzik View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patzik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 1:11pm
I'll continue in English then Smile
I worked on the boards a bit more, and I think I got them all up and running. That is, I did borrow some parts from the working boards as I didn't have spares for some of them. So I need to order the parts that were faulty and I didn't have on stock. Also need to order some caps, as at least one of the boards had 1 or 2 faulty caps on the sound board. I'll look into replacing all caps, see how much a set will cost.
I never really knew this game, but during testing I had to play it a bit, and I must say it's a really nice game, it's a bit between galaga and galaxians, and has nice sounds so if you have a cab I think it would be worth the effort restoring it, even if it is a bootleg cab.
I will look into the price, haven't done any research on that, maybe someone else can give us an idea.
Send me a PM and we will figure something out.

Edited by patzik - 26 Dec 2020 at 1:11pm
nik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 2:05pm
hey, I think I have one (put it aside since I couldn't test it, but bought working).

I'll have a look in the next couple of days & will message you know if I find it.
martincoombs2002 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martincoombs2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 7:14am
Are you still looking for a space firebird ?
deadmatty View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadmatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 11:14am
If OCB is no longer looking, I'm also after a space firebird pub :-)
Wanted: Nintendo Space Fever parts
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martincoombs2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 11:34am
I have a few in a large collection that I’m sorting through
Both Phoenix and space firebird
I’ll sort them into groups over next few week
Just keep a eye on my posts
What price do you think there worth ?
Cheers Martin
Ronnie Dent View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronnie Dent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 11:39am
I have loads of sets both bootleg and Nintendo to try and keep my tabletop alive, but now have ran out of working sets! I may also be on the lookout for workers particularly cpu boards.
deadmatty View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadmatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 11:41am
I'm only recently getting back in to arcade stuff after 4 years away, so I'm not sure on current prices I'm afraid... I'd also be interested in a Phoenix once you get some valuations though :-)
Wanted: Nintendo Space Fever parts
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martincoombs2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 4:13pm
Just about to post 3 sets of Phoenix pcb in the for sale
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martincoombs2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 4:14pm
Just putting 3 sets of Phoenix pcb on the got sale section all working
ocb View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 8:12pm
Yep, still looking for a space Firebird.
Patzik is looking for some parts, but I think that’s the only firm offer I have.
I’d love to have one of those Phoenix boards - but I don’t have a cab to go with it :)
...one day....
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martincoombs2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 4:45am
Ok no problem
Which space firebird boards you after
Sega/gremlin or Nintendo / bootleg
I’ll have a look and see what I have
Cheers
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic