Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Artwork and Restorations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Star Castle Monitor overlay

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karlcdoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Star Castle Monitor overlay
    Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 2:39pm
Moving here owing to silence in Wanted section Ouch

Assuming the plastic overlay that goes over the monitor tube is unobtanium I intend to order some gel sheets from a theatrical supplier or similar. However I'd like to get the colours and sizes about right to avoid buying much more than necessary so if anyone has an original they could check that would be great.

Otherwise it shall be colours by guessing from what pix/videos exist online + powering up the game, centering the picture and measuring the inner circles with a vernier caliper.

It has also occured to me that someone with facilities might be able to print this off on some translucent sheet or similar?

Cheers

Karl.

Edited by karlcdoe - 20 Apr 2017 at 4:18pm
ColinD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColinD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 5:37pm
Suggest roscoe gells.  

Its possible that you could get these cut on a vinyl cutter at a sign shop and then backed with a clear film ??

https://www.stagedepot.co.uk/lighting/lighting-gel?gclid=CIragpq8s9MCFRdmGwodhB4Gdg

Edited by ColinD - 20 Apr 2017 at 5:38pm
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 5:41pm
I've no idea how accurate it is, but the overlay used for Star Castle in MAME may be of some use?
karlcdoe View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karlcdoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 10:22am
Excellent suggestions. I'll give the Roscoe films a try unless anyone pops up offering an alternate strategy. The trick will indeed be working out how to assemble the inner circles within the blue overlay.

I actually hadn't thought about using the overlays form mame to be honest but must be worth investigation.

Cheers

Karl.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic