ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Pinball > Technical
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Street Fighter 2 Bootleg

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Street Fighter 2 Bootleg
    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 5:20pm
Hi all. Could anyone help with this? This is the only picture i get with bootleg Street Fighter 2 Board.
Board i.d is :MSTREET-6.

Thanks.

Dean.

TheDaddy View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 5:25pm
Does not look like the code is running. I assume not playing blind ?? No audio ???

Dave.
AKA Wonderboy. If there is such a thing as reincarnation , knowing my luck , I will come back as me !!
Nes4life View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nes4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 7:12am
A photo of the PCB would be a good start.
Have you reseated the EPROMS & other socketed ICs?
Are there dip switches and is one a test mode?

After that you could start by pulling the EPROMs and verifying them.

Be sure to visually inspect both sides of the PCB looking for anything obvious (missing CPU, broken components, cut tracks, burnt ICs, battery damage, rust etc).

Are there any sounds or beeps at boot? When you press buttons?

Edited by Nes4life - 30 Jun 2020 at 10:17am
NES4Life
-------------
Dean F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 3:55pm
Added a pic of the pcb. Also the audio chip has snapped off
Dean F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 3:56pm
Nes4life View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nes4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 10:59pm
First thing i would do is check the 10Mhz crystal is giving a 10Mhz signal (near to the 68000 CPU in the top right). Then I'd check the contents of the eprom near the edge connector (because I like checking Eproms anyway LOL).
I'd try and find another picture of this PCB online and see if the 7407 at U216 and U215 were optional or have been pulled out and now need replacing.

Definitely reseat all socketed ICs as that's something anyone can do and can have quick results. Be careful not to break any legs and definitely put them all back the right way around.

There's a lot of dips in the top right but i doubt you'll find a document that outlines the settings to see if one is a test mode (maybe you'll be lucky with a google search).

If there's nothing else that's obvious (ripped out ICs or broken traces) I'd then look at the data line and address line activity on the 68000 CPU at boot. See if any are floating or stuck.

After that it's testing the CPU-accessible RAM and ROM.

If this is the first PCB you've attempted to fix then you might be in at the deep end!

Edited by Nes4life - 01 Jul 2020 at 11:00pm
NES4Life
-------------
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic