ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Stuart Smith Mars Coin Calibrator

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stuart Smith Mars Coin Calibrator
    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 10:32am
there's some previous threads on this Coin calibrator but I searched and searched and can't find them

I have a Stuart Smith Electronics coin mech calibrator, originally bought brand new by my dad back in the day

not used it for years but I now have a few Mars mechs to calibrate, after a couple of storage unit/workshop moves I seem to have lost the lead which goes from the emulator to the middle of the coin mech, also lost any new chips that I had for it, 

from memory I know that you can reuse an old chip by bending out one of the last legs and turning it around, 

I have the manual and some notes done by my father but I'm struggling to find the missing lead

does anyone have one of these? I think I remember Alpha mentioning he has one? anyone else?

pics below

Edited by jengineer - 31 Aug 2019 at 10:32am
ooooooh if I had the space (and the money) I'd have that...
jengineer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 8:06pm
anyone?

I need this lead below

funhouse View Drop Down

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 8:16pm
jengineer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 8:28pm
ooooooooooooooh that could do it
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 9:06pm
Looks like a winner to me. Pity it's in Hong (Donkey) Kong...
WANTED: Sega Cash Cube CP end plate. Click me for details!
69er View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 9:12am
you should be able to make one ………… ( if you had bought my entire workshop for £10K  you would have had one now.!!! )

I am sure you have noticed in my workshop I have one of these ( in fact 2 but only one lead) as we did thousands for small 10p ………….. I still have hundreds of chips new and used as pin 15 can be bent away or clipped off and use the second channel ( but only once) I just need a reader really to see which are still new and which are used but some of the tubes the chips are all same type same way round so assume never been out of the tubes...……. I just need reminding 'how to use it' now I do calibrate our sentinels 30/35 but not 220b as I also have a calibrator for those...  the only thing I use the ss mars unit for is to test if a mech accepts and credits ok as it links and indicates on the lights. 

I did not do the conversions myself as we had a guy with us who took on the task and worked late each night to do all the north wales arcades around us... couldn't move for stacks of mechs sometimes.
Now due to the lesser numbers and varied types of mechs its just as easy have maggi do them. tho my mate at Knightlys funfair does them also but only when he has his rig set up

N82S126AN and N82S130AN now discontinued by manufacturer is a TTL 256x4 Bipolar prom Ic 

Edited by 69er - 12 Sep 2019 at 9:47am
undefeated arcade junk hoarder champion since 1977

IF YOU CHUCK IT AWAY YOU NEED IT THE NEXT DAY!!
69er View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 9:18am
the one @funhouse is NOT the  one that is socket to socket by look of it you need the one from socket to dil Ic chip size idc pin end  ……….. that one I think is too narrow to plug in the mech 

BUT !  on the plus side I MIGHT JUST HAVE a spare IDC chip size pin plug if you buy the ribbon cable just change the end plug ??? ……………………….. 

Edited by 69er - 12 Sep 2019 at 9:50am
undefeated arcade junk hoarder champion since 1977

IF YOU CHUCK IT AWAY YOU NEED IT THE NEXT DAY!!
jengineer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 3:58pm
yea just been looking at the male plug and it's not the same size, 

I'm just searching on ebay now

no immediate rush, I had Maggi do some mech's for me last week, they should be able to reprogram the old mars too
VS2 Junkie View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VS2 Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by jengineer jengineer wrote:

there's some previous threads on this Coin calibrator but I searched and searched and can't find them

I have a Stuart Smith Electronics coin mech calibrator, originally bought brand new by my dad back in the day

not used it for years but I now have a few Mars mechs to calibrate, after a couple of storage unit/workshop moves I seem to have lost the lead which goes from the emulator to the middle of the coin mech, also lost any new chips that I had for it, 

from memory I know that you can reuse an old chip by bending out one of the last legs and turning it around, 

I have the manual and some notes done by my father but I'm struggling to find the missing lead

does anyone have one of these? I think I remember Alpha mentioning he has one? anyone else?

pics below

You couldn't scan and upload those documents by any chance it may help me with a small project I'm working on.

Anything to do with coin mech programmers would be handy

jengineer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 5:22pm
yes I'll take pictures of the manual etc and post them on this thread, then anyone searching for this calibrator will come across it
VS2 Junkie View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VS2 Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by jengineer jengineer wrote:

yes I'll take pictures of the manual etc and post them on this thread, then anyone searching for this calibrator will come across it

thanks for that Cool
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic