Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Super hang on sound issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Bond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Super hang on sound issue
    Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 8:12am
Hi guys. Got a super hang on and the sound is shocking...   it’s not even recognisable as the main music, just dribble. The only bit you can really recodnise is the engine noise from the bike.

Gonna try and hook up a speaker or something from the board output if I can Find a wiring diagram so I know what wires do what.

I’ve uncoupled the sound amp but I noticed it randomly went into the test menu when the sound amp was plugged in? Bit weird. Without the sound amp it runs and plays fine. Looking at the amp, it’s had a repair job at some point too.

I’ll try and make a vide with the sound turned up....

Anyone had the Issue? Hope it’s not a sound fault on the main board.

Edited by Mr Bond - 12 Feb 2019 at 8:25am
dj_yt View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj_yt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 8:24am
The purple lead is probably mute. Check the wiring diagram. Also ensure the amp is grounded and everything is wired correctly.

I would first isolate the problem to game pcb, sound amp or wiring.

If you have an audio probe you can check the PCB itself at the header or further back along the chain of components.

In the sound test can you hear speech? Isolate the issue between the YM and PCM circuits.

Mr Bond View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Bond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 8:27am
I’ll check....   thanks mate.
Haven’t got an audio proble though.
Chopper79 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 10:32am
Super hang on, uses the sound amplifier to get into the test mode. The switch is on the PCB. I bet this is an Irish cab? Those amplifiers are easy to rebuild. You need to run a set of amplified PC speakers, straight from the game board. If you need any diagrams, I made a test rig to test these boards, and can photograph the wiring and connectors.
Wanted:

Turbo outrun midi
Mr Bond View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Bond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 12:15pm
Yes please mate that would be great
Chopper79 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 5:32pm
The burnt area you have circled is 1 of the amplifiers. I would replace that as a start. Go on ebay, and search for TDA2030A. They are about £2 each. Might as well get a couple just in case.
Wanted:

Turbo outrun midi
Mr Bond View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Bond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 6:11pm
Will do. Cheers mate.
Mr Bond View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Bond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 6:21am
Can you send me the pic of the wiring connectors mate? That’d be great. Cheers.
Chopper79 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:48am
No problem, will sort out tonight. You are more than welcome to post board to me to test if you want?. If not, I'll get the pics tonight.
Wanted:

Turbo outrun midi
Mr Bond View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Bond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 3:59pm
Nice one. Cheers.
Chopper79 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 7:14pm

You need a 4 way, molex 3.96mm connector, as sold here

I can't remember which way round, the left or right speaker goes, but it doesn't matter, as your only checking for sound.

1st hole = Negative Left
2nd Hole = Positive Left
3rd Hole = Negative Right
4th Hole = Positive Right.

I only had a 3 way cable, as It was an extension lead, so I linked the negative over.

Then the wires go to the corresponding terminals on the speakers. You could even cut the jack off, and old pair of headphones, and wire the 4 pin molex on the end. Hope this helps.
Wanted:

Turbo outrun midi
Mr Bond View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Bond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 7:57pm
That’s brill mate. Thanks. I’ll give it a go this weeeks.
Thanks pal.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic