ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

taito tartan,help please

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ARcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: taito tartan,help please
    Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 8:37pm
hi all.think i put this thread in wrong place earlier.so i shall try here.does any one no what this machine is and what the game is.any help would be faaaaaaantastic.thanks guys.
virtvic View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Chizels 4 life!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 8:39pm
Looks like a Phoenix clone to me (look on the left hand instruction decal)

The control panel would match that game, too - left/right/shoot/barrier.
THE PENCE IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD!

Check out the podcast

http://tenpencearcade.co.uk
ARcade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ARcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 8:47pm
thanks for your reply.do you no if the game board codes would make it a phoenix.and do you have any idea on the cab.
virtvic View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Chizels 4 life!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 9:03pm
Get us a better picture of both sides of the board. It looks like a Taito board from that glimpse, but 'MR' on the eproms looks like it might not be Phoenix.

The cab looks like a generic jamma cab of some kind.

*Edit* I didn't realise the giant alien head was part of it! Not sure at all now...
*Edit* A good look at the instruction decals on the front would also help...

Edited by virtvic - 03 Aug 2017 at 9:04pm

Check out the podcast

ARcade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ARcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 9:16pm
give me 5 an i shall get better pics
ARcade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ARcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 9:31pm
heres some more pics,and yes the head lights up.
ARcade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ARcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 9:33pm
oh and MR comes up as moon crest or some thing i think
SUPERSPRINT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERSPRINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 9:34pm
I would have said it was a clone until I saw that flyer, nice find mate, pretty rare I should think. Board looks geniune also. That topper is super cool.

Edited by SUPERSPRINT - 03 Aug 2017 at 9:35pm
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERSPRINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 9:41pm
Looks like it was a cab that could house various games, bit like an early Jamma but specifically for Taito pin out space shooters, I reckon the kit was a pcb and some instruction decals. Loving that alien head!!

Edited by SUPERSPRINT - 03 Aug 2017 at 9:41pm
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERSPRINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 9:47pm
Board is a moon cresta by the looks
ARcade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ARcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 9:48pm
thank u.i also have found some info an pics on the head.they where hand made by the guy who done all the art work for a lot of the old games like gallaga an that.the problem is this machine needs a lot of work,and the game board is no good.so need a replacement.any ideas
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERSPRINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 9:52pm
very unusual, love it. You are in an arcade, and you don't know which game to play next. The giant alien eyes tell you which.

Edited by SUPERSPRINT - 03 Aug 2017 at 9:53pm
ARcade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ARcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 10:01pm
hahaha..i rescued it from a shed,been sat there for 30 years they said,never played it ether.i wasn't that sure if i liked it at first but iv grown to become quite fond of it.this is a pic of the side graffix.the sides unscrew which is odd,so you can change them
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERSPRINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 10:07pm
Would be great to get it working, probably won't take much pcb could be repaired in the right hands, monitor can be fixed and power supply can be rebuilt. Good luck with it, if you ever want to part with it, give me a shout.
ARcade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ARcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 10:13pm
i can repair the boards but the problem is that the eproms have had it,the legs have rusted off.so would need new ones.and that is where i am stuck.Ouch

and yeah no worries Thumbs Up 
virtvic View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Chizels 4 life!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 10:13pm
I didn't realise it was a legit Taito - what a great machine!

Getting a Phoenix board shouldn't be hard. Expect to find a bootleg though, most are - but play exactly the same as an original. You can get Taito branded Phoenix boards but they are harder to find.

Good luck with getting those bug eyes to light up, they're going to look awesome!!!

Check out the podcast

ARcade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ARcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 10:21pm
im so pleased i shared this with you guys.im pleased you like it.iv been looking on eBay for a phoenix board but no luck so far,is there any where else i could try.and another question is.would you restore.....or would you keep it original.it has soaked up water on one side which has rotted the wood badly,but I'm in the middle of hopefully repairing it. 
_Matt_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Matt_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 10:29pm
Absolutely love it nice find. Never knew anything like it existed!
ARcade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ARcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 10:34pm
that makes to of us,when i unburied it i didn't think the head was part of it.it was under tons of stuff.very odd thing.lucky i found it,was in a real state wen i got it,still needs lots but i do love a challenge.

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERSPRINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 10:47pm
If the aliens ever descend on the earth and they come round your house, they will think you are some kind of god.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic