ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

This arrived today...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 280281282283>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 9:47pm

So a bit of a back story on the recent pickup.

I first saw it on Belgian eBay back in 2002. I was so intrigued with what I was seeing (I honestly didn't know what it was) that I took the action of saving the really crappy picture that eBay would let you post back then.

Here's that picture, I put it onto my hard drive on the 2nd July 2002 at 00:35.

I didn't win the auction and it was lost for some 15 years, before it resurface in Holland. A great collector friend in Holland bought it and owned it for the next two years, before finally deciding to get out of the hobby.

So here it is as I started to unpack it.

Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 10:55am
Originally posted by Shinydaz Shinydaz wrote:

Applied Olly's Hypersports cpo today, looks great next to the track n field. Just need to sort the rest of the cabs out now.

They look great all done, can't wait to see the finished cabs!
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
Paul_in_nottingham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul_in_nottingham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 8:18pm
Today I received one of Wim's repro Outrun midi panels.

It is truely a thing of beauty!

wim outrun repro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wim outrun repro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 8:35pm
He that s my dash thanks
Wim
AnDyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnDyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 3:57pm
New buttons for my TnF panel

We work in the dark--we do what we can--we give what we have. Our doubt is our passion and our passion is our task. The rest is the madness of art.
JonathanClayton View Drop Down

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonathanClayton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 1:31pm
Big thanks to Vic for my latest delivery!

Once James' container at CoinOpWarehouse fills, the Popeye cocktail will be on its way to house this Mario Bros conversion!
Current cabs:
Mini Donkey Kong (Arcade Base 60-in-1)
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong 3 (Rebuild in Progress)
HeliFire Cocktail
Popeye Cocktail (In transit)
AnDyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnDyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 3:04pm
Not really my thing but I went to a job yesterday and this was about to be fixed with a sledge hammer I was told it was f**ked and I could take it away.

I was going to keep the marquee and bin the rest but it works! The hopper empty switch was on causing hc/e1 errors turning it off fixed the problem. Even cMe with a box of tokens and is been converted to 240v

We work in the dark--we do what we can--we give what we have. Our doubt is our passion and our passion is our task. The rest is the madness of art.
Shinydaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shinydaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 11:28pm
I picked this beauty up today from a very nice guy. Not working but hopefully not for long. Great to see some side art, bit of an upgrade from the one I already have.

Edited by Shinydaz - 12 Aug 2017 at 11:30pm
Hunting for a Hypersports cab and a track and field cocktail, I'll keep on dreaming !
Mykill View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mykill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 2:26am
Colorful machine ,like it
Don't touch the red wire
Mykill View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mykill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 6:18am
My new soldering iron
Don't touch the red wire
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 8:02am

I picked this beauty up today from a very nice guy. Not working but hopefully not for long. Great to see some side art, bit of an upgrade from the one I already have.

Wow lovely find, don't you have 3 now!
Wanted: Super Pacman Bezel, Millipede Euro inner Bezel. Asteroids Cabaret Cab, Track & Field or Hyper Sports cab
Always wanting Millipede/Paperboy/Super Pacman/Outrun/Taito 3 Layer Space Invader PCBs
smarty View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smarty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 8:16am
You got it for a great price too! I bet you its an easy fix. Thumbs Up

jumpnfire.com

MOST WANTED CABS:
J69 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 10:13am
Now that SSIV and Garou MOTW are backwards compatible on the Xbox I wanted an arcade stick. Most of them are £150-200 which is crazy.

I ended up getting a mayflash f300 for £49. Standard stick and buttons were fine but I swapped in some Sanwa parts I had spare. Only downside is it's wired rather than Bluetooth but for a £150 saving I can deal with that.

I'll get a picture of mine later but it's not dissimilar to this one

Edited by J69 - 13 Aug 2017 at 10:13am
Shinydaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shinydaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 11:33am
Originally posted by Bensonrad Bensonrad wrote:

Yes my obsession for this game is a bit worrying, I need to fight my hoarding demons and let one go. It was a nice price Smarty, if you follow the 'arcade and fruit machines sales in the uk' facebook page he has a few more to sell. He sold a nice double dragon that I wanted, but more than happy with this. The 5 hour round trip was more than worth it and to boot it had a hypersports pcb and he sold me a hypersports marquee for my centuri cab. A thoroughly nice guy, who I owe a drink Beer

Edited by Shinydaz - 13 Aug 2017 at 11:33am
Hunting for a Hypersports cab and a track and field cocktail, I'll keep on dreaming !
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 12:06pm
Nice get with that T&F!

Several of those cabs for sale used to be mine (DD2 and Chequered Flag which was in great condition!) and from the Arcade Barn, I'd have quite happily bought the Double Dragon 2 back as I love the game and I've got space for it now unlike when I sold it!
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 12:26pm
That DD2 looks good, didn't even spot the TnF.
Wanted: Super Pacman Bezel, Millipede Euro inner Bezel. Asteroids Cabaret Cab, Track & Field or Hyper Sports cab
Always wanting Millipede/Paperboy/Super Pacman/Outrun/Taito 3 Layer Space Invader PCBs
Shinydaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shinydaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 1:56pm
The track n field got removed as he was getting bombarded with messages.

Needs a cpo Olly, so I'll pm you soon.

Edited by Shinydaz - 13 Aug 2017 at 1:57pm
rcantor77 View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Candy Kid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcantor77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 8:17pm

Originally posted by Bensonrad Bensonrad wrote:

Yes my obsession for this game is a bit worrying, I need to fight my hoarding demons and let one go. It was a nice price Smarty, if you follow the 'arcade and fruit machines sales in the uk' facebook page he has a few more to sell. He sold a nice double dragon that I wanted, but more than happy with this. The 5 hour round trip was more than worth it and to boot it had a hypersports pcb and he sold me a hypersports marquee for my centuri cab. A thoroughly nice guy, who I owe a drink Beer

You have 3 TnF cabs now... sometimes I hate this hobby.

Some of us are just after one... you could have let someone else have it mate.

Shinydaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shinydaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 8:48pm
I brought this as it had side art, my other one doesn't. When I'm ready I'll pass my other one on. I've already had messages about my other cab. You could have messaged me like others have. I'm afraid you need to be proactive in this hobby or you miss out, trust me I've been disappointed many times.

Edited by Shinydaz - 13 Aug 2017 at 8:50pm
rcantor77 View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Candy Kid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcantor77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 8:53pm
Oh well... I was next in line on Facebook so was hoping.

I'd be interested in your other cab... after one to take to Revival next year. :)

Edited by rcantor77 - 13 Aug 2017 at 8:54pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 280281282283>
  Share Topic