Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Auctions & Ebay Stuff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Thoughts? DK MACHINE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antray84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thoughts? DK MACHINE
    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 10:43pm
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F193193121808
Big Apple 3am
Ace` View Drop Down
User
User
PlanB contributor #1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 10:47pm
Repro 60 in 1, LCD POS

Clicky link
TheDaddy View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 10:54pm
Been done well to be fair , again its a repro so it gng to have an lcd. Expensive but i think the cabinet cost 300-400 ish and there is a fair bit of work in it.
These are not for everyone !!! But lots of games in 1 cab, remember not everyone has room for loads of cabs.

Dave.
AKA Wonderboy.
urbanledge View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urbanledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 7:55am
I built an exact replica DK a few years back and it cost me 1000 + the labour I put into it.
The lack of nintendo coin door and CRT kills it but they could be added easily.
Would like to see how well done the inside is.
And what and how it made of,I'm not a fan of 300kg MDF cabs! 
Body pop View Drop Down

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Body pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 9:21am
Replica cabs are the way forward now ,fortunately and unfortunately
I wonder if In 30 years time the hoarders will buy these all up and put them In storage lol
At least if you did buy it ,you could play it regularly without much worry of reliability
Depends if your a gamer or collector .
The reliability thing might outweigh any slight difference in the way its looks
If you put it in your game room ,99 people out of 100 won’t even realise it’s not the real thing
chubsta View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chubsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 9:37am
this is good or bad depending on whether you want to spend your time playing your cabinet or searching the internet for ways to fix it...
Selling up and movin' on...
kingtreelo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingtreelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 5:10pm
Strange they have put an image up of Gunsmoke and the machine doesnt have 3 buttons to play that game with....

As others have said though, it is very well done

RaveN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RaveN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 5:31pm
"At least if you did buy it ,you could play it regularly without much worry of reliability"
My DK cocktail has been going for 15 years without a single issue.  If these reproductions make it past 15 years I'll be amazed.
There's nothing unreliable about a machine that needs a bit of maintenance after 20 years of use, that then means it's good for another 20 years.
Welcome to bonus stage.
RaveN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RaveN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 5:37pm
Also:
- If the guy paid £1600 originally, then he's an idiot.
- The 2 60in1 boards I've owned personally have had crap audio and one died after just a year.
- At no point in the auction has he mentioned it's a reproduction/fake cab
- The graphics are completely wrong cpo/bezel
- The buttons are sh*tty illuminated ones

It's just awful.  Fine if it was maybe £500.
Welcome to bonus stage.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic