80's video shop!!

Double_dragon

Newbie
Credits
39CR
It's basically just a shop set out like a 80's video shop. Everything is big box ex rental. You can't actually rent anything it's more like a video shop museum. The guys in their love to chat about retro stuff. They do sell VHS players and have the odd video for sale. It's just a cool place to look round, takes you right back.
 
Feedback
4 (100%)
Credits
91CR
yes, its in Alfreton about 4 miles from me. Rob who owns the shop also rents out the savoy cinema at nottingham for screenings of old favourites. Theres an escape room in the shop based on the p7b from an american werewolf in london, as well as a small cinema room avail for private bookings. If anyones interested in the savoy showings, let me know and i will ask Rob about the next one.
 

pubjoe

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
7 (100%)
Credits
832CR
Theres an escape room in the shop based on the p7b from an american werewolf in london
AWIL is one of my favourite films. I must have watched it fifty times as a kid so I was dying to know what p7b referred to. An inside joke, a hidden detail, the hospital ward, a set label, a postcode?

I got this far before I realised it was a typo for pub!

IMG_4573.jpeg
 

K1ngarth3r

Active member
Feedback
23 (100%)
Credits
903CR
I live not far from Alfreton (That's the nearest town to me), I pass it at least twice a week and yet never gone!
Having a few afternoon beers at the Wetherspoon's and a look at the shop sounds pretty good to be honest.
 

Venom

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
15 (100%)
Credits
784CR
Interesting think my dad has a fair few players left so may be a good way of moving them on to people who appreciate then, when he asks me. All the TV and video spares I have mainly got rid of already including on here ! I used to have so much video stuff posters and even the 3d posters made of plasstic e.g red Sonja. Posters like robocop and predator moved as I moved and gave up the ghost eventually !
 
Top