Vendetta is up running

IndyJones

"Partial to Tooty Frooties"
vacBacker
Feedback
6 (100%)
Credits
375CR
Well, I'm quite pleased with myself today, I know its hardly like restoring a faulty star wars cockpit but we all have to start somewhere, today I managed to remove the faulty monitor from my Vendetta cab & replace it with the working one I bought in the Vendetta donor cab I bought from here a few weeks ago.

To start with I was unsure if the monitor comes out from the back or front I'm so new to all this but went for the front so removed the joystick, removed the start buttons/coin slot section, removed the glass & I realised I'd made the right choice, removed the 4 bolts at the corners of the monitor & it was ready to take out, this was the only part that made me sweat as I was unsure exactly how heavy it was going to be, thankfully I was expecting worse & that was it the faulty screen was out.

Installed the new screen, plugged everything in & crossed my fingers, the music came on followed by the picture, it was a bit blury so I twiddled the knobs & I'm sorted out, a working Vendetta cab again
smiley1.gif


I was on a roll so even swapped the light tube in the marquee.

Sorry I dont have my camera here so cant put a picture up but will be working on some for the members section soon as I have a few bits & pieces on the way
smiley1.gif
 

trm

Who loves you, and who do you love?
Feedback
2 (100%)
Credits
2,876CR
Great work dude! It doesn't matter what the cab is - the fun (for me certainly) is making it work and sometimes getting it shiny again.

As Oll says, pix when you can please
smiley4.gif
 

IndyJones

"Partial to Tooty Frooties"
vacBacker
Feedback
6 (100%)
Credits
375CR
Thanks all, I will take some pics in the morning of the working cab & empty carcass.

On a similar subject, the old monitor failed along the lines of the screen started to look like a rainbow, loads of different colours all over, faded to one horizontal line in the middle & then went off completely, does anyone know if its fixable?
 

adebov

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
3 (100%)
Credits
168CR
I'll do mine...eventually, but it's now 6th on the list (behind a Twin Cobra, three Pole Positions and a Pit Fighter).
It'll move up the list if I can get hold of a Vendetta PCB.
 

IndyJones

"Partial to Tooty Frooties"
vacBacker
Feedback
6 (100%)
Credits
375CR
Thanks everyone
smiley1.gif


Other than a clean up the only job to do is paint the 2 metal strips that hold the marquee in & the metal part around the coin slot/player select buttons, then job done.
 
Top