Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > High Scores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Wonder Boy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fantazia2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wonder Boy
    Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 8:53pm

I'm surprised there is no topic for this yet, so here's my start. Managed to get slightly more than I got at NERG at the weeked.

Edited by Muerto - 12 Jul 2016 at 6:50pm
neil1637 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neil1637 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 9:07pm
Nice score. I noticed you on this at nerg. It's a game I loved bitd but never give much time to now.
Please visit my Arcade Diary Blog at https://neilsarcadediary.wordpress.com/

Grail search - Donkey Kong and Pole Position upright.
Fantazia2 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fantazia2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 9:49pm
I still love it, its usually the first one I go on at Arcade Club if theres no one else on it when I get there. Aiming for a Million now and then completion.
CharlieFar View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlieFar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 10:22pm
Well played! I love it as well.
Are you finding all the dolls?
Fantazia2 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fantazia2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 11:00pm
Found some of them, just need to remember which rocks to bump.
Eddhorse View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddhorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 9:41am
Hidden dolls you say....didnt know that.
129,910 was my score the other night, may go searching.
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlieFar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 1:09pm
At Arcade Club last night.
Really want to 1cc this game now.

739030 Level  5-4

Fairly certain that the game is set to hard at AC - the snakes seem to appear out of nowhere.

Eddhorse View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddhorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 10:11pm
Pesky pop up snakes, great score, well done.

I find the music stays im my head for days.
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Eddhorse Eddhorse wrote:

Pesky pop up snakes, great score, well done.

I find the music stays im my head for days.
One of the best in-game tunes going. Amazing score, CharlieFar!
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlieFar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2016 at 9:13pm
810430  level 6-2 (MAME)

A few dolls/letters I knew about and missed.

Edited by CharlieFar - 11 Jul 2016 at 9:27pm
_Matt_ View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Matt_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2016 at 10:56pm
I might start practicing on this. Last time I played it I got around 100k but hardly ever play it at all. I used to be great on the Master system version.
Such a good game when you're on the skateboard.

Fantazia2 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fantazia2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2016 at 11:29pm
Only 543,790 for me so far, looks like you'll get to the million mark first CharlieFar.
Eddhorse View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddhorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 8:27am
Ah i was missing the letters as well, you really need to know where all the hidden things are :)
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlieFar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 10:39pm
1M finally!!

1023450 (7-3)

Still missing a few dolls/letters. I'll be happy with the 7-4 finish to start with.

Fantazia2 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fantazia2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2016 at 12:50am
Brilliant work Dave.

I'm still lagging behind a bit, managed 817,160 tonight beaten by the 5-4 Boss.

User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlieFar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2016 at 5:22pm
That's a healthy score for 5-4. Either I'm missing lots of points somewhere, or you kept dying at a point heavy section.
Fantazia2 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fantazia2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2016 at 5:54pm
Trying to pick up and kill everything I can, and trying to max out the angel runs when I can as you can really get some big points on certain levels if you hit enough objects, including a 5k bonus for one object.

Also have you noticed the Fries that give you 1000 points, they only seem to appear if you jump at certain points i.e. the end of 1-3 just after the egg and on 4-3 when you get the Doll I found out today there are 2 fires if you do 2 jumps just after.

I've also found that as least one of the eggs (1-4) gives you a mushroom instead of a milk jug if you shoot it instead of bumping it, there may be others but I pretty much try to shoot them all now where I can.

Starting to practice the 5-4 Boss and then the 6th and 7th areas as that's where I'm starting to get stuck, got to 5-4 and had more lives than the screen can show and lost most of them on the boss again.

User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlieFar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2016 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Fantazia2 Fantazia2 wrote:

Trying to pick up and kill everything I can, and trying to max out the angel runs when I can as you can really get some big points on certain levels if you hit enough objects, including a 5k bonus for one object.

Also have you noticed the Fries that give you 1000 points, they only seem to appear if you jump at certain points i.e. the end of 1-3 just after the egg and on 4-3 when you get the Doll I found out today there are 2 fires if you do 2 jumps just after.

I've also found that as least one of the eggs (1-4) gives you a mushroom instead of a milk jug if you shoot it instead of bumping it, there may be others but I pretty much try to shoot them all now where I can.

Starting to practice the 5-4 Boss and then the 6th and 7th areas as that's where I'm starting to get stuck, got to 5-4 and had more lives than the screen can show and lost most of them on the boss again.

Yeah, angel pickups really bump up the score. Last bonus on these is 10k, before cycling back to 500 points. I have noticed the fries as well, though haven't given them too much thought regarding locations. I think all the x-4 levels have the health/mushroom egg choice depending if you shoot or run into them.
The bosses start to get quite tricky fron the 5th area. Small jumps seem to be the order of the day and keep fairly close to the boss as well helps.
Definite difficulty ramp up from area 6. There's numerous jumps that are quite the trick to pull off consistently. If you dont perform the jump precisely, there's usually a spotted egg to greet your landing. There's a cloud jump near the end of 7-2 that gives me the willies every time. You'll know which one if you've seen it...

Love the game though, despite it's cheap tricks.
Fantazia2 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fantazia2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2016 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by CharlieFar CharlieFar wrote:

Originally posted by Fantazia2 Fantazia2 wrote:

Yeah, angel pickups really bump up the score. Last bonus on these is 10k, before cycling back to 500 points. I have noticed the fries as well, though haven't given them too much thought regarding locations. I think all the x-4 levels have the health/mushroom egg choice depending if you shoot or run into them.
The bosses start to get quite tricky fron the 5th area. Small jumps seem to be the order of the day and keep fairly close to the boss as well helps.
Definite difficulty ramp up from area 6. There's numerous jumps that are quite the trick to pull off consistently. If you dont perform the jump precisely, there's usually a spotted egg to greet your landing. There's a cloud jump near the end of 7-2 that gives me the willies every time. You'll know which one if you've seen it...

Love the game though, despite it's cheap tricks.

Yeah have played all the way through using save states to keep going as found you cant continue from area 7, it does get pretty mental, and didnt realise it went up to 10k for the angel will have to try getting that.

In terms of scores just played through to increase my max to 867770.

End of area scores for reference are

Area 1 - 132k
Area 2 - 312k
Area 3 - 523k
Area 4 - 710k
Area 5 - 865k
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlieFar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 9:14pm
1,790,670 (7-4 finish)Smile

Getting there...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic