Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Fix logs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Rolling Thunder Sound Issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Monstermug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rolling Thunder Sound Issue
    Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 9:12pm
Easy fix this one. 

Had a sound problem with a Namco Rolling Thunder PCB. 

Most sound was there but gunshots were delayed/missing (sometimes you would fire a shot and hear a faint scratchy sound a few seconds later), collecting bullets was very low and scratchy but more importantly the green laughing dude didn't laugh no more! 

Sounded to me like a cap problem so I replaced all the caps near the sound section.

Plugged it in thinking I fixed it but to my surprise it was exactly the same as before!

Looking around that amp area for any caps I missed and couldn't find any.  Then I saw some caps but they were on a different section of the board!

This turns out the be the board containing all the sound roms and more importantly caps!  Tested them and C1 was shorted completely.  Changed C1 out with a 25v 47uf cap...

and got the green dude laughing again!

Hahahahahawahah! Embarrassed

Hurray Banana View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 9:38pm
and good fix
bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 10:27pm
Another successful repair. Good job.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic