ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > New Users Post Here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Neo Geo MVS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mx5dob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Neo Geo MVS
    Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 12:51pm

Hi all. I recently bought a 4 slot Neo Geo MVS machine as an early 40th birthday present.

I’ve had an AES for around a year but have always had a dream of owning an arcade machine and the MVS was the perfect choice. The games are crazy cheap compared to AES carts. I have pretty much exhausted what I could afford in terms of AES games and now I’ve managed to get all of the games I want on MVS  (21 in total).

I have some colour issues that I will post in the technical section. Most of the games seem to have a red/brown/yellow cast to them…

Cheers for looking,

Paul

mx5dob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mx5dob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 12:52pm
mathj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 1:31pm
welcome to the forum, and nice cab :)
wanted:taito cocktail lunar rescue pcb
mx5dob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mx5dob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 2:20pm
Cheers :) it's living in our dining room til I can sort the garage out. Hehe
J69 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 2:24pm
Hi. I nearly bought that cab myself. Hopefully the colour issues just need the monitor pots tweaking or the monitor degaussing
mx5dob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mx5dob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 2:45pm
I'm a total noob unfortunately. Any idea how I would twerk the monitor sett8ngs? I have a de causing coil. Might try that first:)
J69 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 3:32pm
Open the back of the cabinet and there should be 5 or so little plastic knobs on the back of the monitor that look like this

http://classicgamesblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Galaga-monitor-adjustment-pots-for-colors.jpg

Some will change the size of the screen, some will change the amount of red, green and blue. Give them a fiddle and see if the image improves. Be very careful not to touch the actual neck of the monitor though as it will give you a very big shock

Edited by J69 - 08 Jan 2018 at 8:08pm
mx5dob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mx5dob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 4:22pm
Awesome thanks :) 
AaronBoone View Drop Down

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronBoone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 5:27pm
Welcome to the forum! There was a bit of chatter about your cab a bit ago if you fancy a read.
Thefro9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thefro9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 5:48pm
Welcome, very nice cab, glad it's in the house nice and warm.
Whats your fav Neo games?

Mark H View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 7:08pm
Welcome - there are some great Neo games out there; Metal Slug, Viewpoint, Blazing Star, Puzzle Bobble, Prehistoric Isle 2, Last Resort, Nam-1975, ASO 11 to name but a few !

"Max-330-Mega" !!!

Cheers

Mark
"The Future Is Now"
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 8:45pm
Way to go, that's a great first cab. Maybe save your pennies and get the new darksoft multi-cart. Then you can play everything (at a fair cost though!).

Or mop up the bargains from everyone trading up their original carts to get multi-carts Wink

Wanted: - PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Original Wonderboy PCB
- Parts needed: Naomi non-swivel castor / wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
AnDyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnDyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 9:17pm
Welcome aboard.
We work in the dark--we do what we can--we give what we have. Our doubt is our passion and our passion is our task. The rest is the madness of art.
mx5dob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mx5dob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 9:29pm
Thanks for the kind words :D
As far as fav games go I'm a fan of waku waku7, garou, blazing star ( and any shmup) kof 99 and metal slug 2.

Have 5 kits and the rest of the 21 are loose with about 4 bootleg of expensive games such as svc chaos and twinkle star sprites.

I'll check out the old thread :)
mx5dob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mx5dob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 9:38pm
Very interesting reading the old thread :) it has an electrcoin manufacturing sticker on the inside so im sure it was made by them. Oddly if the side art was added later its pretty scruffy looking in places.

What k8nd of header should it have? I did think it odd that a 4 slot has a US 2 slot header. Would like to get an original looking one.

The sticks are sanwa though so they are staying :D Best sticks I've ever used.
mx5dob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mx5dob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 9:33pm

found the serial number on an electrocoin sticker when I took the monitor access panel off :)
mx5dob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mx5dob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 9:34pm
Found the cabs serial number on an electrocoin sticker in the monitor access panel :)

Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 12:25am
Good ol' Tottenham Court Road.

Wanted: - PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Original Wonderboy PCB
- Parts needed: Naomi non-swivel castor / wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
neo-geo-mvs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neo-geo-mvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 11:44am
Welcome. Got any pics of your cart pick ups so far?

Any luck with adjusting the colours yet?
mx5dob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mx5dob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 5:48pm
Yep. Managed to do it this afternoon. Was ma8nly in need of a degausing. Will try to dig them all out the cupboard tonight and photo :)

Here's the list though...

Aes:

Magician lord
Kof 99
Art of fighting 2
Samurai spirits 2
World heroes 2 jet
Fatal fury special
Fire suplex

Mvs:
Puzzle bobble boxed
Puzzle de pon kit
Metal slug 2
Metal slug 4 kit
Last blade with art
Kof 2000
Aero fighters 2
Last resort
Neo turf masters
Sengoku kit
Super sidekicks 3 kit
Waku waku 7
Kof 98
Svc chaos boot
161 in 1 cart
Samurai spirits zero with art
Twinkle star spites boot
Windjammers
Ironclad boot
Blazing star kit
Garou with artwork
Art of fighting 2 in the mail

Kits on the left and repro boxes with carts and artwork on right (Garou MOTW is the blank box, need to print a sticker out for it)

Loose genuine on left loose boots on the right

AES games

Edited by mx5dob - 13 Jan 2018 at 9:27pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic