FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Treasure Quest quiz cabinet w/monitor £20

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Treasure Quest quiz cabinet w/monitor £20
    Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 2:01pm
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
JonTron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonTron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 2:23pm
Worth a punt for the monitor..
Bought it. Waiting to see where in London it is.
virtvic View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Cabaret King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 3:03pm
I would've had that!
If you moved the monitor into the centre and got some new glass for it, you could make a reasonable shaped cabaret out of that.  I wonder if the monitor is 15 or 31khz?
THE PENCE IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD!

Check out the podcast

http://tenpencearcade.co.uk

Got cabarets? > CALL ME!
jengineer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 4:23pm
I guess a Kortek monitor
ooooooh if I had the space (and the money) I'd have that...
JonTron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonTron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 2:31pm
£20 and 4 hours driving round London later...

Turns out the monitor is a very clean-looking Wells-Garndner 19k7201, 19". That'll do nicely..

It's got HV but nothing on screen.
jengineer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 4:59pm
Damn, nearly said WG

Nice pickup
ooooooh if I had the space (and the money) I'd have that...
JonTron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonTron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 12:36pm
I was expecting a 17" random make so was pleasantly surprised then i opened it up.

Cheers muddymusic for pointing it out on here. I took a chance on it and it seems to have paid off. Should be able to get that Taito Top Speed up and running now.

Anyone got any info on the WG 19k7201? I've got a 2 page diagram (from arcade museum) but looking for a full manual or some specs.
big10p View Drop Down

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 12:52pm
Bit of a bargain that, for 20 quid. Nice one.
tb2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 1:31pm
Pretty much every one of those quiz type cabs i've seen have a WG in them. Including stuff like the fruit machine cab Deal 'Em 2000 uses. The Monopoly cabs all seemed to use a 14" Hanty Polo or Kortek KTM-F.
Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 5:13pm

Take the Monitor out like ya doin, drop in an LCD and multiboard, some joysticks on the front and back on ebay £400 Thumbs Up

WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space
JonTron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonTron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 5:40pm
Ha, stick some Mario stickers on it and call it a 'one of a kind Nintendo - retro' and i'm sure i'll clear £800...

No clear plan for the cab yet. Maybe get a smaller monitor, take the old bezel out and lay the monitor slightly flatter.
JonTron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonTron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 11:01am
Pretty neat little pcb setup on this thing.

Little interchangeable boards so the op could change the questions or update it i suppose.

Reseated all the boards and the video cable and..

Screen looks great. A bit dull but maybe just needs a clean or fine tune.

Questions are from 1995. Took £2 (old style) off me already as i cant get into the coin bucket area, lol.
Ronnie Dent View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronnie Dent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 11:18am
The boards are JPM impact used in many fruit machines, the battery has started leaking! Looks like it's still working so I would get that removed and cleaned up, working cards are thin on the ground so I would say a working card is worth £40 plus
JonTron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonTron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 11:33am
Great spot! Was concentrating so much on getting monitor on that i hadnt even considered the boards. On it now.
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 11:37am
Looks like you caught it in time, if it's all still working. Smile
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 11:56am
Wow nice result!
Ronnie Dent View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronnie Dent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 12:04pm
You could probably get £80 for the complete board set with cards if you clean up the battery area and fit a new one
JonTron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonTron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 12:27pm
Board out. Battery and Cap removed.
Looks like damage is quite local to battery area and not spread too far. Dont have and vinegar on hand so i'll raid the canteen when i'm at work tonight lol.

Thanks Olly for the heads up on the cab and thanks Ronnie for the heads up on the battery damage. ukvac community in action right there.
JonTron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonTron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 5:04pm
Working Taito Top Speed now thanks to this £20 cab and its monitor!

muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 5:09pm
Well now that's funny. Using the monitor from the cab I linked to to fix the Top Speed cab that used to be mine LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic