Skin:

CGA to VGA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Brendan1495 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brendan1495 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CGA to VGA
    Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 2:57pm
At the moment I dont, but if I use a supergun on the TV the picture is fine no missing artifacts, but its black and white
ColinD View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColinD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 2:32pm
I'm tempted to suggest that your board has a fault that has materialised during your swapping, the horizontal lines missing also worries me.  Have you another different game pcb to try ?

Edited by ColinD - 18 Apr 2019 at 2:32pm
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brendan1495 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 8:33am
Got a CRT will try at weekend, thanks for the help
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brendan1495 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 6:13pm
Would do but my cab is really narrow, no room for a CRT
sukhbir View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sukhbir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 5:38pm
Why use vga?you can pick up an old crt tv and use it’s scart rgb socket.you will hardly have any sync problems .the old TVs had generous line and field frequencies.
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brendan1495 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 4:52pm
Thanks for all your help, could anyone suggest a descent LCD monitor that would support 55Hz refresh rate
Vamino View Drop Down

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 2:55pm
I also agree with the sync being slightly out of range and some adjustment to the clamp may be needed.

I messed around with mine for hours using a 24khz input and eventually got a decentish picture out of it, which wasn't too bad considering the price of the unit. I tried messing around to get the slightly washed out colours to pop but nothing helped. There was some interferrence but doing the following eliminated the remaining noise/fuzzyness.

The unit served it's purpose until I eventually bought an OSSC which is expensive when compared to the GBS8200, but I'm very happy with the OSSC and glad I made the purchase.
Insert Coin[s]
ColinD View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColinD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 2:45pm
Kung Fu Master uses an odd screen format at about 55Hz refresh rate, so might be out of range ?

Edited by ColinD - 15 Apr 2019 at 2:46pm
Kev A View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 2:42pm
holding down one of the buttons on there preforms a factory reset, might be worth giving that a go, I think I also had to play with the clamp st settings on mine, and lower them to something like 04 and 05, rather than the default which is 90 something. although that was a color issue where it would gradually get more and more pink.
gunblade View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunblade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 2:41pm
it could be clamp and clamp sp settings
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brendan1495 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 1:02pm
Yes the grounds connected
Kev A View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 12:30pm
have you got the ground connected on the video cable, mine came loose once and something similar happened
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brendan1495 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 11:52am
Hi All, I am trying to set up a cab with lcd monitor and a GBS 8200 v4.00, whatever O try to do the picture is terrible and jumps all over if I try the board I am using through a supergun on the TV its great any help would be appreciated. Pictures below

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic