Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Outrun Springs Full Upright

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sicoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outrun Springs Full Upright
    Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 8:34am
Good Morning All

i am looking for a set of Outrun Springs for my Full Upright, does anyone have a spare set laying around or know the best place to acquire a pair.

Thanks Simon

JAG555 View Drop Down
User
User

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAG555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 9:19am
I will be selling a set of the lower tension ones with a set of the 3D Printed A & B Gears.

Let me know if you are interested.
sicoe View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sicoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 10:29am
Originally posted by JAG555 JAG555 wrote:

I will be selling a set of the lower tension ones with a set of the 3D Printed A & B Gears.

Hi There

Many thanks for your reply.

Its just the springs im looking for as it has Giz10p Gears.

would these work well?

Regards Simon
JAG555 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAG555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by sicoe sicoe wrote:

Originally posted by JAG555 JAG555 wrote:

Hi There

Many thanks for your reply.

Its just the springs im looking for as it has Giz10p Gears.

would these work well?

Regards Simon

No, I don't think so.  I think these are the ones I have with the 3D Printed Gears.
nurtuo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 5:48pm
If it has the Metal Gears you will want to get some original spec Springs as the
lightened ones are only to take a bit of weight of the 3D A and B gears.

You will be glad you did it because with the original springs it really pulls the wheel
back straight quicky.

That way you can really drive it like you stole it.

Those gear will last a Lifetime. Strong springs or not.

Edited by nurtuo - 11 Sep 2019 at 5:50pm
You're Cool, The Engines Hot, The Girl Is Gorgeous, A Tankful Of Gas And An Open Road......The Rest Is Up To You!
stevebm1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevebm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 6:01pm
I think muddymusic picked up an outrun steering mech in a recent raid,not sure if it still had the springs intact though,you would have to ask him
====WANTED====
LATE 70'S/EARLY 80'S BALLY PINBALL PROJECT
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 8:03pm
It didn't I'm afraid. Last place I saw original ones available new was giz10p but I think he sold out a while back.
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
nurtuo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 8:17pm
You're Cool, The Engines Hot, The Girl Is Gorgeous, A Tankful Of Gas And An Open Road......The Rest Is Up To You!
sicoe View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sicoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 12:47pm

Thanks All

ive only just seen this post i literally ordered the lightened ones an hour ago, i guess ill see how they work and if they are no good ill go for the NOS ones
sicoe View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sicoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 1:12pm
I’ve just contacted the eBay seller to see if I can cancel and will order the NOS ones

To be clear the lighter ones will work and just produce a softer drive, the NOS ones will be a more tighter heavier drive and the wheel will constantly spring back more?

Regards Simon
dlightbulb View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlightbulb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 1:21pm

I’ve just contacted the eBay seller to see if I can cancel and will order the NOS ones

To be clear the lighter ones will work and just produce a softer drive, the NOS ones will be a more tighter heavier drive and the wheel will constantly spring back more?

Regards Simon

You only really need to worry if you've installed the steel steering gears from Giz10p - otherwise the other springs will be ok
WANTED - HYPER SPORTS or Track & Field cab
sicoe View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sicoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by dlightbulb dlightbulb wrote:

Regards Simon

You only really need to worry if you've installed the steel steering gears from Giz10p - otherwise the other springs will be ok

Yes the cab has the steering gears from Giz10p so I’ll go for the NOS ones then and hope for a refund on the others
agent4125 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agent4125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by nurtuo nurtuo wrote:

Hey Eddie, are those ones from arcadefixit the stronger ones for use with the metal gears?

I have a set of those ready for when I sort my upright's CP out, so hopefully they are :)

Cheers 
Wanted: Robotron!
nurtuo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by agent4125 agent4125 wrote:

Originally posted by nurtuo nurtuo wrote:

Hey Eddie, are those ones from arcadefixit the stronger ones for use with the metal gears?

I have a set of those ready for when I sort my upright's CP out, so hopefully they are :)

Cheers 

The Arcadefixit Springs are not just for the Metal Gears, they where used on the Original Sega Plastic
with brass core ones. I think they only use the lightened springs when you use a 
3D Printed A and B Gear as these can be more fragile due to the loads.

Keep up the good work.
agent4125 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agent4125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 5:19pm
Thumbs Up

Cheers
Wanted: Robotron!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic