Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Milky View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wild West Nerd

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is Martin still driving about
    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 8:20am
The original request as to Martin's actuvities has been answered on the other thread. This thread will now be closed.
Hmmm...it IS a good game, but it needs more cowboys...
Stevros View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 8:13am
Is there a separate thread we can chat about Covid-19 which was made in a laboratory as these scared rabbits aren’t listening?

Where’s the admin???

Edited by Stevros - 28 Mar 2020 at 8:14am
WANTED Space invaders PCB Please inbox me!
Evoga View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 8:11am
Well as everyone is so jolly in here I may as well add to the fire.

I prefer playing arcade games on a high resolution lcd screen over a crt.   
Body pop View Drop Down

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 8:08am
Anyone wanting a cab delivered or delivering a cab for that matter at this point ,needs there heads seen too
Boris hasn’t went nearly far enough to make sure non essential couriers are stopped from spreading this deadly virus around the country
Sorry but if anyone turned up a With a cab to
My house at this time they would be told to keep it and go away
People need to be aware of others and high risk people if they can’t or don’t worry about themselves
Chuckie egg View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nintendo Arcade

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 7:32am
Originally posted by strykr strykr wrote:

Lets not have this thread become a sh*t show, we've all got enough to worry about as it is, and are all here as we are bonded by love of arcade games from our childhood.

Tensions are high for everyone, so lets have no finger pointing, no brexit, no racism accusations, no apportioning of blame, we are in this situation and im sure we are all discussing this all over the internet and on the phone in all our various forums, whatsapp groups, discord channels etc.

Idealistic i know, but lets try and keep vac a place we all come to to discuss what we love and distract our troubled minds with thoughts of happier things, and not forget that if we all met face to face in a pub or at a meet we'd all have fun and get along.

Arcade brethren.

Exactly
It’s gone totally off topic and this forum is the one place we can all escape the stress that we are all under right now.
There are plenty of other social media groups you can voice your politics and concerns about the current situation on.
So please keep it away from what is a good place to escape the stresses of daily life that we are all under right now away from this forum.
We all have our own problems right now and we need to help each other through these difficult times.
Stay safe everyone
strykr View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 1:57am
Lets not have this thread become a sh*t show, we've all got enough to worry about as it is, and are all here as we are bonded by love of arcade games from our childhood.

Tensions are high for everyone, so lets have no finger pointing, no brexit, no racism accusations, no apportioning of blame, we are in this situation and im sure we are all discussing this all over the internet and on the phone in all our various forums, whatsapp groups, discord channels etc.

Idealistic i know, but lets try and keep vac a place we all come to to discuss what we love and distract our troubled minds with thoughts of happier things, and not forget that if we all met face to face in a pub or at a meet we'd all have fun and get along.

Arcade brethren.

Edited by strykr - 28 Mar 2020 at 1:58am
Wanted - Electrocoin Wheels Runner Cabinet http://tinyurl.com/oq6dkau
Check out my 80s Synthwave Music :)   https://247retro.bandcamp.com/album/naeon
Del Griffith View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 12:11am
My dig was at smf for throwing the racist accusation bullsh*t in.

2 things for sure....

1. Martin is still working
2. China f**ked up and now we are all dealing with this sh*t.
neoretro View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by smf smf wrote:

Originally posted by Ace` Ace` wrote:

I already knew not to eat bats.

What has that got to do with anything? Are you going on the racist stereotypes of how the virus was spread?

Originally posted by neoretro neoretro wrote:

So it’s not Live food markets where generally abhorrent treatment of animals goes on which created the virus?

The market in wuhan that might have been the source of the outbreak didn't sell bats, which is the usual source of coronavirus.

Although not all of the initial patients had any link to that market or came in contact with someone who did. It's the type of thing that right whingers like to perpetuate against "the yellow peril" though. I've heard dumbest arguments that we should force them to close the markets for good in case it was, these are the brexiest of brexit supporters who don't want foreigners telling us what to do. They don't see the irony of their ridiculous statements. They then went on to demand I came up with a solution, as if pointing out someone is dumb means I have the power to make it all better (the last time I checked I don't, but then nobody does).

A previous coronavirus was from bats urinating on things that people then touched.
I very much doubt you manage to avoid touching anything that hasn't been pee'd on by something.

<span style="color: rgb58, 113, 59; : rgb251, 251, 253;">If anything the only problem this government had was thinking it could trust the whole of the British public to not be prats.
</span><br style="color: rgb58, 113, 59; : rgb251, 251, 253;">
<span style="color: rgb58, 113, 59; : rgb251, 251, 253;">
</span>
[COLOR="#3a713b"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]The conservatives were very wishy washy from the outset. There are various theories why this is the case, but lots of scientists were pointing out how it was leading to people not even taking washing their hands seriously. Even when the government u-turned they did it in a way that didn't look serious & people still aren't taking this seriously.</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#3a713b"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]
</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#3a713b"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]They should make it clearer that the "at least three weeks" isn't because they think it will be safe to stop isolating by then but they know it definitely won't and that is just the date they picked out of thin air when they will announce the next date. </span][/COLOR]<span style="color: rgb58, 113, 59;">It might be to stop panicking but a load of people think that it can't be that bad, because everything is going back to normal in three weeks. So why bother??</span>
</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#3a713b"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]My understanding is that within government they don't expect any changes within 12 weeks and even then, that isn't to say things will be back to normal even then. The police have been given powers for six months, which still might not be enough.</span][/COLOR]
</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#3a713b"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]The testing kits the government ordered and said were going to be available in days aren't even evaluated yet, they need to make sure that there are no false positives or negatives, they aren't anywhere near ramping up testing. I kinda wish Boris was more interested in running the country than his own popularity, but at least democracy means that the people in the biggest block get what they deserve.</span][/COLOR]

But just one last thing for SMF.

If the argument that it was from food markets where poor treatment of animals that caused this was Brexiteer right wing racist nonsense then..:

Then why have the Chinese themselves decided to shut down the wildlife farming industry which is worth $74billion dollars to them?

Business Insider Article

I really don’t appreciate being pigeon holed on the basis of your assumptions about my political beliefs.
andyman View Drop Down
User
User
always pull away from your face

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 11:30pm
I repair houses for a living including a lot of student accomodation...my city has a large population of Chinese students...the few I've met recently also blame China for the outbreak so there must be something in it...

'Racist' is one of those words thrown in to incite hatred, violence or rapid response these days...I don't think anyone actually knows what it means anymore Confused
"The person you were referring to is a short, shotgun wielding nutter with a vindictive streak 3 miles long. And a Star Wars cockpit "
neoretro View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 11:30pm
I literally have no idea who’s having a go a go at who for what here. But it’s getting ridiculous now.

My point was simply that the mistreatment has animals has caused this. Not politics. If it was politics, then certain countries would be fine.

Making thinly or unveiled attacks at peoples political allegiances on the basis of a virus that has affected nearly every country on earth, left or right side of the political spectrum is not particularly logical. If we were still in the EU, this would have happened. If we were the furthest of far right countries, it would have happened.

And as I said. If more people had taken the advice given and not popped out to the beach or park or shops, as they still do, a few lives may have been saved. And it’s a shame that it takes a government to force people to not go out through pain or police action, rather than being able to trust people will not go out to look after their fellow man.

All of which are not attacks on anyone on here or anyone’s beliefs. But just simple musings.
ataridude74 View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 11:21pm

What has that got to do with anything? Are you going on the racist stereotypes of how the virus was spread?

So it’s not Live food markets where generally abhorrent treatment of animals goes on which created the virus?

The market in wuhan that might have been the source of the outbreak didn't sell bats, which is the usual source of coronavirus.

Although not all of the initial patients had any link to that market or came in contact with someone who did. It's the type of thing that right whingers like to perpetuate against "the yellow peril" though. I've heard dumbest arguments that we should force them to close the markets for good in case it was, these are the brexiest of brexit supporters who don't want foreigners telling us what to do. They don't see the irony of their ridiculous statements. They then went on to demand I came up with a solution, as if pointing out someone is dumb means I have the power to make it all better (the last time I checked I don't, but then nobody does).

A previous coronavirus was from bats urinating on things that people then touched.
I very much doubt you manage to avoid touching anything that hasn't been pee'd on by something.

[QUOTE=neoretro]If anything the only problem this government had was thinking it could trust the whole of the British public to not be prats.

That's right, blame everything on "Brexiteers and racists".

Actually, my wife is Chinese, and a Brexiteer, and she blames her fellow countrymen, as do all her family and friends in China (although not out loud, the government really is watching).  She's not a racist either by the way.
Living in the Bronze Age
the_greeze View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 10:58pm
This thread is gold. Way to go people... Disapprove
Del Griffith View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by strykr strykr wrote:

Coronavirus or not the markets should be closed down for animal cruelty reasons.

And being potentially "angry" with a country isnt being racist surely?

This!

The word “racist” gets thrown about far to easily and unnecessary these days

Edited by Del Griffith - 27 Mar 2020 at 7:49pm
Retroman839 View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 7:39pm
vitamin c is good 
and d 
and b12

fish fruit and veg 

not to much fish though as it has heavy metals in it   like mercury 
Vamino View Drop Down

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by John Bennett John Bennett wrote:

People seem to think that if they scream 'stay at home' enough (including drive-by eggings of people doing their shopping around here), then this'll go away in 3 weeks. Obviously minimising contact will help hugely, but it'll be repeated cycles of lockdown forevermore until something breaks the cycle, be-it intensive mass testing or a vaccine. Can't shut the country indefinitely.

We're only just seeing the resulting deaths from back when we were washing hands and talking about herd immunity, whilst going to the pub. Wonder how Boris ended up infected...

edit: - sorry, yes, is Martin working?

How about someone with some power mentioning how important it is to eat foods that boost the immune system to prepare for this outbreak? Y'know, that thing that helps fight colds and stuff which gets stressed during illness or weakens as one gets older..........it used to be an apple a day keeps the doctor away, eat 5 portions of veg/fruit per day and drink lots of water to rehydrate.

I've seen so many people stocking up on burgers, pizza, chocolate, donuts and pop.....people are free to make their own choices in life, but, no one in the mass media seems to be mentioning the importance of nutrition during this insanity.

Lets all wait for a miracle vaccine that will probably be expensive and just tell people with symptoms in the meantime to stay in doors in dust filled houses with automatic air fresheners spraying every 30 mins..........I'm not saying this isn't a terrible thing and isn't affecting people, it clearly is a terrible thing, but the way the media is scaring people to death (literally) boggles the mind to be honest.
Insert Coin[s]
strykr View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 7:01pm

<span style="color: rgb58, 113, 59; : rgb251, 251, 253;">If anything the only problem this government had was thinking it could trust the whole of the British public to not be prats.
</span><br style="color: rgb58, 113, 59; : rgb251, 251, 253;">
<span style="color: rgb58, 113, 59; : rgb251, 251, 253;">
</span>
[COLOR="#3a713b"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]The conservatives were very wishy washy from the outset. There are various theories why this is the case, but lots of scientists were pointing out how it was leading to people not even taking washing their hands seriously. Even when the government u-turned they did it in a way that didn't look serious & people still aren't taking this seriously.</span][/COLOR]
</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#3a713b"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]They should make it clearer that the "at least three weeks" isn't because they think it will be safe to stop isolating by then but they know it definitely won't and that is just the date they picked out of thin air when they will announce the next date. </span][/COLOR]<span style="color: rgb58, 113, 59;">It might be to stop panicking but a load of people think that it can't be that bad, because everything is going back to normal in three weeks. So why bother??</span>
</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#3a713b"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]My understanding is that within government they don't expect any changes within 12 weeks and even then, that isn't to say things will be back to normal even then. The police have been given powers for six months, which still might not be enough.</span][/COLOR]
</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#3a713b"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]The testing kits the government ordered and said were going to be available in days aren't even evaluated yet, they need to make sure that there are no false positives or negatives, they aren't anywhere near ramping up testing. I kinda wish Boris was more interested in running the country than his own popularity, but at least democracy means that the people in the biggest block get what they deserve.</span][/COLOR]

Coronavirus or not the markets should be closed down for animal cruelty reasons.

And being potentially "angry" with a country isnt being racist surely?
Wanted - Electrocoin Wheels Runner Cabinet http://tinyurl.com/oq6dkau
Check out my 80s Synthwave Music :)   https://247retro.bandcamp.com/album/naeon
Retroman839 View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 5:16pm
is martin washing his hands? 
and has he got any spare loo rolls?
FrancoB View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Stevros Stevros wrote:

Anyway is Martin working or not? Stay on topic.

From [COVID 19 Announcement] thread:

Originally posted by Jodo Jodo wrote:

Martin the Deliveryman has, as of 25th March, confirmed that his service is operating as normal, barring observing social distancing rules when collecting and dropping off machines. He has no current plans to limit or suspend his service.
Stevros View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Flinnster Flinnster wrote:

Anyway is Martin working or not? Stay on topic.

Lesser spotted deliveryman seen out and about today, yes Wink

Thanks man.
WANTED Space invaders PCB Please inbox me!
Flinnster View Drop Down

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 4:39pm
Quote Anyway is Martin working or not? Stay on topic.

Lesser spotted deliveryman seen out and about today, yes Wink

WTD: Outrun DLX(yes REALLY!), Rolling Thunder, PacMania
Parts WTD: Any Dino King / LnB / MushiKing Spare Parts!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic