ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

New Arcade1Up UK Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 8Bit-1Up Amusements Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Arcade1Up UK Supplier
    Posted: 18 May 2020 at 6:41pm
Hey all,

Like many people in the UK I've grown tired of the lack of new Arcade1Up products coming into the country and have now decided to open an online store to help solve this issue.

At the beginning of the year I ordered a large amount of risers and arcade units (see photo's) with the intent to supply a store I was working with locally in Bristol. Sadly this shop has now closed due to the Coronavirus epidemic, so I've decided to open an online store instead.

I can currently get Mortal Kombat, Galaga, Pac-Man, Street Fighter and the official risers. Star Wars, Turtles and Marvel Superheroes should hopefully be available in September.

Hopefully this will help some people out that are frustrated with the current situation with UK distribution.

Arcade1Up UK supplier.
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 6:46pm
Been a lot of people on here asking if the Star Wars cabs will be available from a UK supplier. Looks like it's finally happened!
Repro + NOS Artwork & Sega parts supplier, pm me or visit http://arcadeartshop.com
virtvic View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Cabaret King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 7:04pm
LOL

THE PENCE IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD!

Check out the podcast

http://tenpencearcade.co.uk

Got cabarets? > CALL ME!
kingtreelo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingtreelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 7:31pm
Well, you are selling them for more than they are available at places like Smyths.....

I'll pass and wish you good luck
Rasputin View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rasputin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 7:35pm
I'll definitely have a Star Wars when you get some back in stock.
Warrior needs food badly!
Nes4life View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nes4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 7:50pm
Welcome to the forum Mark. Why don't you tell us a little about yourself. What are your favourite games? Got any other machines at home? How did you get into the scene? Have you been into retro for long?
NES4Life
-------------
geordiemick View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote geordiemick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 8:39pm
Prices are good when you factor in he is having to import them from the state’s ! Good luck with your venture mate . Wish you luck
swisstoni View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swisstoni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 8:51pm
Also interested in a Star Wars.
mechacrash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mechacrash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by 8Bit-1Up Amusements 8Bit-1Up Amusements wrote:

with the intent to supply a store I was working with locally in Bristol.

Don’t suppose (going by your name) the store in question was 8bitplanet was it?
Ace` View Drop Down
User
User
PlanB contributor #1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ace` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 10:46pm

I've grown tired of the lack of new Arcade1Up products coming into the country.

I know those words, but that makes no sense.
andyman View Drop Down
User
User
always pull away from your face

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote andyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by Ace` Ace` wrote:

I've grown tired of Arcade1Up products coming into the country.

I know those words, but that makes no sense.

Fixed LOL

Initial tests indicate
       unit OK
JonTron View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonTron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 12:08am
1up Cabs coming into the country serve a very important roll that largely goes unnoticed. That is that they are sold to people who would otherwise be looking for a real arcade cab to 'upgrade' to LCD/rPi/Pandora's Box etc. and contribute to the upward price of those cabs.
JT's Arcade
Current Projects:
Namco Pole Position Cockpit
Nichibutsu Moon Alien Upright
Fix-it Felix jr Build
8Bit-1Up Amusements View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8Bit-1Up Amusements Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 12:31am
Originally posted by mechacrash mechacrash wrote:

with the intent to supply a store I was working with locally in Bristol.

Don’t suppose (going by your name) the store in question was 8bitplanet was it?

Haha good detective skills! I know Tom well and yes I’ve supplied him with Arcade1Up units before 

Edited by 8Bit-1Up Amusements - 19 May 2020 at 12:52am
Arcade1Up UK supplier.
8Bit-1Up Amusements View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8Bit-1Up Amusements Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 2:09am
Originally posted by Nes4life Nes4life wrote:

Welcome to the forum Mark. Why don't you tell us a little about yourself. What are your favourite games? Got any other machines at home? How did you get into the scene? Have you been into retro for long?

Hey Phillip, thanks for the warm welcome.

I've been into retro gaming for about 17 years now, and also have a keen interest in restoring and collecting old machines. I'd say the Vectrex is my favorite console due to it's unique look and vector screen. My favorite games are probably Pac-Man, Tetris, Super Mario World, Goldeneye, Contra 3, Doom, Super Metroid, Super Castlevania 4 and anything Resident Evil.
Arcade1Up UK supplier.
Sbdesign View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sbdesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 2:24am
Nice collection
And great come back.

What to buy? what to sell?
JonTron View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonTron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 4:43am
Oh sweet baby vector Jesus..
JT's Arcade
Current Projects:
Namco Pole Position Cockpit
Nichibutsu Moon Alien Upright
Fix-it Felix jr Build
iamjimmi View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamjimmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 7:41am
Wow some collection...

And now we know why it's so hard to find a Vectrex these days - you've got them all on your shelf! 

slowcade View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 8:42am
Originally posted by JonTron JonTron wrote:

1up Cabs coming into the country serve a very important roll that largely goes unnoticed. That is that they are sold to people who would otherwise be looking for a real arcade cab to 'upgrade' to LCD/rPi/Pandora's Box etc. and contribute to the upward price of those cabs.

Insightful. Thumbs Up
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 10:20am
Holy crap! I thought I was over doing things by owning 3 Vectrexes. Wow!
councilface View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote councilface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 7:34pm
That's a cool collection. I know that 1up aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I'll definitely be in the market for a star wars to mame (maybe chuck a vectrex in there too?). I saw that 1up announced 1m sales today, that's not too shabby.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic