Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Metal Slug vs Demon Front

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Metal Slug vs Demon Front
    Posted: 22 May 2020 at 10:15pm
Hi All,

Whilst I'm a massive Neo-Geo and Metal Slug fan what do people think about Demon Front which was released later than Metal Slug on the PGM system. 

Views please?

Cheers

Mark

"The Future Is Now"
Brettster View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brettster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 10:29pm
I thought Demon Front was nicely made but had no charm like the earlier slug games have
played though it once and never wanted to play it again
Looking for More Space!!
neo-geo-mvs View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neo-geo-mvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 10:41pm
I have Demon Front, it's good but Metal Slug is the King. Try Dolphin Blue.

All fun games imo
thegreathopper View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thegreathopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 10:50pm
I didn’t like Dolphin Blue on the Atomiswave, Metal Slug 1 & 2 are excellent, would like to try Demon Front.

Edited by thegreathopper - 22 May 2020 at 10:50pm
robotech View Drop Down

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 11:02pm
After metal slug setting the standard on mvs
Demon front on pgm just seemed like a kids metal slug copy
i played the first few levels but it never held my intrest like metal slug did

i had dolphin blue on the naomi multi
But it again was just a poor copy of metal slug played it once and never bothered again

I play through the first metal slug quite often

Daytonaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lets go away
Monstermug View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monstermug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 4:14am
Not really too keen on the interlaced effects on Atomiswave as it's meant to be played on 31k monitor.  
Retroman839 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retroman839 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 9:24pm
i’d have to say metal slug...

been setting up a new monitor recently.
and i just run metal slug and i look it in astonishment...
it’s a wonderful game..

like a lot of things people try to imitate - it never can quite be replicated,
and i think that holds true with metal slug...

demon front bloody good effort -
dolphin blue good game play can’t quite get on with the polygons...

mozie View Drop Down
User
User

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mozie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 10:02pm
Demon front is a poor mans Metal Slug, took me ages to get a cart and played through it a couple of times and passed it on again, Dolphin Blue looks great but doesn’t play as well as the slugs
Vamino View Drop Down

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 10:09pm
Metal Slug is the king.

Everything about the game is class.
Insert Coin[s]
SMBulletz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMBulletz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 10:15pm
I enjoy playing Demon Front and Dolphin Blue.  Not the same as Metal Slug, Slug series is better.

davey d View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 10:37pm
My views just mirror whats already been said. I own every metal slug game on the MVS, and used to own Demon front for the PGM. Its a fun play with each characters special skills, but it didn't hold me like the Metal slug series, so sold it on. Its definitely worth trying it out, but MS is better
neo-geo-mvs View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neo-geo-mvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 10:50pm
I like Metal Slug best of course but it's nice to have similar games to play too. Wouldn't mind giving Kraut Buster a go. Another Metal Slug clone big time but still looks fun
davey d View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by neo-geo-mvs neo-geo-mvs wrote:

I like Metal Slug best of course but it's nice to have similar games to play too. Wouldn't mind giving Kraut Buster a go. Another Metal Slug clone big time but still looks fun

I was only just watching a play through of this earlier today... Not sure about it... would have to play it before I could make that call

Edited by davey d - 23 May 2020 at 10:58pm
Titchgamer View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titchgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 8:04am
Never played demon front but I will try and check it out.

But I like Kraut Buster!

Slightly different to slug but lots of nods to it with silly humour.
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 11:01am
Demon Front is great! If you play it wanting Metal Slug, you already have the wrong mindset - you may as well just go and play Metal Slug 1,2 turbo, X, 3, 4, etc..

Demon Front is all about using your demon for attacks and careful use of the shield to get past screens that are pretty much impassable without it.
You can also glide, so it has more emphasis on platforming in places.
Like MS there are hidden levels and loads of trinkets to find by shooting bits of scenery.

http://www.paradisegames.co.uk/dino/linkdino/linkdino3.jpg

Edited by Flinnster - 27 May 2020 at 2:08pm

WTD: Outrun DLX(yes REALLY!), Rolling Thunder, PacMania
Parts WTD: Any Dino King / LnB / MushiKing Spare Parts!
Del Griffith View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del Griffith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Flinnster Flinnster wrote:

Demon Front is great! If you play it wanting Metal Slug, you already have the wrong mindset - you may as well just go and play Metal Slug 1,2 turbo, X, 3, 4, etc..

Demon Front is all about using your demon for attacks and careful use of the shield to get past screens that pretty much impassable without it.
You can also glide, so it has more emphasis on platforming in places.
Like MS there are hidden levels and loads of trinkets to find by shooting bits of scenery.

http://www.paradisegames.co.uk/dino/linkdino/linkdino3.jpg

He he Nice
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titchgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 12:05pm
You have linked dinos to play it!? Danggg

I was just about to go looking for the rom file to see if I can play it on my pi2jamma.
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 2:05pm
You could have played them in the flesh at Revival a couple of years ago! Big smile

It emulates fine by the way. I think you might need to use a later mame variant on the pi that's all.
There's a wierd emulation bug where the level intro text switches language between Korean and English, but other than that is' pretty spot on from what I can see.

Edited by Flinnster - 27 May 2020 at 2:07pm

WTD: Outrun DLX(yes REALLY!), Rolling Thunder, PacMania
Parts WTD: Any Dino King / LnB / MushiKing Spare Parts!
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titchgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 3:37pm
I have managed to get it to run on FBA on the pi2jamma.

Seems a little laggy though.
robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Flinnster Flinnster wrote:

You could have played them in the flesh at Revival a couple of years ago! Big smile

It emulates fine by the way. I think you might need to use a later mame variant on the pi that's all.
There's a wierd emulation bug where the level intro text switches language between Korean and English, but other than that is' pretty spot on from what I can see.

Nice little conversions those i thought they were running original hardware they played nice

I forgot how good smartys asteroids / dinosaurs was i think it died before i got a go
Same with the atari jet fighter a year later
Daytonaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lets go away
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic