Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

House of the Dead 3 Chihiro Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
madlok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madlok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: House of the Dead 3 Chihiro Problem
    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 9:54pm
Yes,think so too, thank you for the answers.
Just was hoping it could have been just a little error- but inside I knew the Chihiro was knackered:(
Thank you all.
Fantazia2 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fantazia2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 8:17pm
Usually if its an issue with the Dimm or GD-rom then the chihiro would boot and give an error message on screen, it will boot without the Dimm connected so you could try that but I don't think it will make any difference. There also doesn't seem to be any guides on what the lights mean, not sure if it mentions anything in the service manual.

madlok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madlok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 7:08pm
Thank you very much for the fast answers.
AVIP is plugged in,of course.
I think so too, sensors - sounded like nonsense from the beginning.I hoped someone would be able to tell me the exact failure, could have been the flashing lights have 1 exact meaning- Chihiro, or GD rom, or Dimm.And so- if you´re sure it is the baseboard, I am a bit further.
I don´t know giz10p, maybe I contact him then. Thank you very much.

muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 8:38am
Both flashing usually means your baseboard is knackered. You could send it to giz10p for repair or source a working Chihiro Type 1 to replace it with.
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
Fantazia2 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fantazia2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 12:33am
Hard to tell from the picture, but is the AVIP cable plugged in, its a short black one that goes between 2 connectors near to the VGA lead, without that it wont boot.

Also pretty sure it will still boot if the gun sensors have failed as they only connect to the gunboard which in turn is connected to the JVS I/O so if there was a failure of the sensors it would just mean the controls would not be working properly

Edited by Fantazia2 - 30 Jun 2020 at 12:36am
madlok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madlok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 12:14am
Hi there,
I have a problem with my Chihiro Dlx and hope someone can help me.
I disassembled it 1 year ago- fully working. I built it up this weekend to play it again, but no picture, not even an error-message, just a green and red LED on the Chihiro, flashing alternately.(Photo).
A guy from a repairservice I know said it has something to do with the gun sensors, but I can hardly believe that. I don´t konow much about it,I am a guy who plays arcades, not who tinkers with it, but I´m pretty sure it´s not the sensors. I´m sure it´s just a little thing, maybe wrong setting of the dipp switches?
I am gratful for any help.
Cheers,Frank
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic