ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How many cabs have been imported from US so far?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

How many cabs have been imported from US so far?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giantkeeling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How many cabs have been imported from US so far?
    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 4:38pm
And does it piss off US collectors? I've not yet imported a cab from the US, but i have bought 2 games that have been imported by other people. I think it's great that so many classic arcade games are being bought over, but it must be annoying to some US collectors.
r-type View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r-type Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 4:51pm
I think they're starting to realise they are worth more over here if anything. Prices appear to have been creeping up.
Bobbdobalina View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbdobalina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 5:21pm
I think the advantage of importing from the US is availability. Vast majority don’t work out any cheaper.
sosfx View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sosfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 5:43pm
I think the advantage of importing from the US is availability. Vast majority don’t work out any cheaper.

This !

Edited by sosfx - 13 Jan 2021 at 5:44pm
Velyks View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Velyks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 5:47pm
I'd say at least 5, maybe even 6!
Sbdesign View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sbdesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Velyks Velyks wrote:

I'd say at least 5, maybe even 6!
there is 7 I know of, so I think the numbers will be in the 10's if not the 20's!
======================================
Do not Sell a Cab to SBDESIGN!
Nintendo Arcade View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nintendo Arcade

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nintendo Arcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 5:59pm
I don’t see why US collectors would be angry at us buying cabs from the USA ?
They’ve been buying our antiquities for decades.
Nintendo Arcade
giantkeeling View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giantkeeling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Nintendo Arcade Nintendo Arcade wrote:

I don’t see why US collectors would be angry at us buying cabs from the USA ?
They’ve been buying our antiquities for decades.
       That's very true!
brevald_dk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brevald_dk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 7:11pm
Some of them make quite a profit on it, funding their own collections
Mark H View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 7:44pm
2 out of my 4 cabs are from US (Tempest & Centipede cabarets). Some people prefer them as many come from states where the weather tends to be dryer than the UK so cabs in better overall condition...
"The Future Is Now"
funhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 7:49pm
I'd guess it is into the thousands.
bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
I'll get pix tonight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 7:55pm
Must be thousands.
I have had over 40 so far from USA over time.
Wanted.,Qbert machine working or project.

Pinge View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 9:16pm
Of my games twelve are imported from U.S by me or by the one I got the game from.
And I have sold two..

I have also shipped one game over so I would say we are even :D
ataridude74 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ataridude74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 9:21pm
None by me after a bad experience, never again.

Although I do have one on quarters which must have been brought over several years ago.
Living in the Bronze Age
Finisterre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finisterre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 12:22am
Probably makes us no madder thank me scooping up rare UK cabs and importing them here to US. =] 

You gotta have a good broker and courier on both ends. This is not for the faint of heart. 
namfreak View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote namfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 10:29am
I'd guess that with the vast numbers of arcade machines that were just put in storage in the US and with the relatively tiny number of global collectors in comparison - a few machines coming to the UK won't even scratch the surface of US stocks

DanP View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Whipcracker

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 10:56am
In reality machines have been imported from the US to Europe for years, it's just got a lot easier for the average guy to do thanks to the end to end services offered by James, Fatsgt, Pobster and others.    Some of my cabs which I've had for donkeys years had US coin mechs and I got them long before importing was a thing.

I think the US guys are aware that an increasing number of cabs are leaving for Europe and usually for very good (relatively) money which puts some cabs out of the US collectors reach.   That said, there are so many cabs still around and even on site in the US that there isn't really any shortage as yet.   It's maybe a slight annoyance rather than a problem to them imo.
patloz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patloz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 1:17pm
I agree there is hardly a saving to be had anymore by importing, my first few cabs from the US were cheaper than the UK but now they are all bang on UK money when you add all the transport in and the risk of importing is obviously far higher as you cant send it back and they can get battered in the container.

The only reason to import now is to get what you want in a timescale you want it and they do tend to be in overall a nicer condition than UK cabs with far less being previously "restored".

If you want a specific cab in the UK now its a real waiting game which can some times expand into years for one to come up for sale and I'm not one for waiting so importing is the answer.

Edited by patloz - 15 Jan 2021 at 1:17pm
jase38 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jase38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 2:46pm
Just two for me - Donkey Kong and Tron.

The main factor for me was availability, these cabs just never showed up for sale in the UK at the time.

It is a bit unnerving when you see pics of cabs rammed in a container with virtually no protection.  However like many others I used Ken / Fatsgt, and he wraps the cabs really well.  I couldn't fault the service to be fair.
Nilyash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nilyash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 9:21pm
The lack of a good secondhand market in the UK has driven many to import cabs!! and I think it has kept the prices down.

I must be on my 10th import cab and it allows me to get cabs that I just have not seen over here for 10+ years at a reasonable price.

N
Looking for: Anything Firefox cab related, Reactor parts.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic