Skin:

Sega Naomi universal monitor issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
gunblade View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunblade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sega Naomi universal monitor issue
    Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 12:41pm
repairable but best to replace as i had a spare, and the breaks were over delicate points
Rob_bob_2k6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob_bob_2k6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 11:41am
Nope
Amb47uk View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amb47uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 11:40am
Shame that wasn't pointed out to you when you bought it, but it's plausible it wasn't noticed by them either.

It can't have been cheap to replace. Hope the seller helped you out somewhat.
Fantazia2 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fantazia2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 11:35am
Originally posted by tin tin wrote:

Ahh yeah I can see at least a crack in the neckboard in the previous pictures now you mention it. I guess this is the way with these things, they all will have many repairs and hoiking them about means any of then could give at any moment. Hell I've got two cabs that were working, I haven't moved them an inch and now they aren't.

Now you say that I can see it, missed there was another photo earlier in the thread of the neckboard from the side and can see the damage on that, and using that can see a bit on the other photo by a matching up where the damage is.
tin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 11:13am
Ahh yeah I can see at least a crack in the neckboard in the previous pictures now you mention it. I guess this is the way with these things, they all will have many repairs and hoiking them about means any of then could give at any moment. Hell I've got two cabs that were working, I haven't moved them an inch and now they aren't.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob_bob_2k6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 10:25am
Nope, it was replaced and I haven’t seen a photo of the old one. I do trust what I was told though.
Fantazia2 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fantazia2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 10:23am
Have you got some pictures of the snapped neck card, looks ok if the previous pictures you had posted?

Would be interested to see as heard of some dodgy repairs before on neckcards on the Broken Token Podcast.

Edited by Fantazia2 - 15 Sep 2021 at 10:24am
mozie View Drop Down

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mozie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 9:38am
Par for the course in this game, ops done anything they could to keep the games running, can't count the amount of ms8/9 chassis I've seen with jumper wires and bodge jobs on them, least you have it sorted should last a long time (or maybe not as is the nature of these thing unfortunately)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob_bob_2k6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 9:13am
Had to send the chassis off for repair. Was the victim of a bodged repair so didn’t survive transit. A bad job had been made of replacing a capacitor on the Board and caused damage. Also had a snapped neck card which had been bodged. New neck card and new capacitor and now up and running.
thegreathopper View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thegreathopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 7:38am
Well done on the repair, what was the fault?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob_bob_2k6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 9:52pm
Update:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob_bob_2k6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 6:05pm

Edited by Rob_bob_2k6 - 09 Sep 2021 at 7:49pm
gunblade View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunblade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 6:00pm
just looked at the schems and the issue is more likely to be r517 3r3 ohm 1w metal oxide, it's actually on the heater circuit rather than video b+

if you feel the need to check that resistor with your meter then DO NOT have the chassis powered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob_bob_2k6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 4:55pm
Jinq-only maybe 20-30mins after bringing it in.

Gunblade- I do have a multimeter here but wouldn’t really know what to do to be honest.
gunblade View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunblade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Rob_bob_2k6 Rob_bob_2k6 wrote:

Is that fixable?

yes you just check the resistor with a meter and if open you replace it
jinq-sea View Drop Down

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinq-sea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 4:33pm
Just curious @Rob_bob_2k6 - did you leave the cab to acclimatise a bit before you turned it on?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob_bob_2k6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 4:31pm
Is that fixable?
gunblade View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunblade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 4:30pm
if your flyback line remain then most likely you have lost the video b+

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob_bob_2k6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 4:23pm
The controls on the front panel do adjust picture size etc, but none of them make the game show.

Cheers
Fantazia2 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fantazia2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 4:19pm
The ribbon cable with the grey cables and a couple of green and a red one, that is the cable for the renote adjustment board that is inside the control panel, I would check that is all plugged in and secure at both ends, you could also try adjusting the pots on the remote board and see if that causes any changes on the screen.

You will need to remote the front monitor surround to access the cable plugged into the remote adjustment board from memory.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic