Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Auctions & Ebay Stuff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

goliath needs rescuing from tip

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Body pop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Body pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: goliath needs rescuing from tip
    Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 1:28pm
£360 for a big lump of scrap
Well done to the buyer .if there is one
One of these days soon the market will be saturated with cabs forsale
and these will be given away again ,surplus to requirements.maybe

big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 12:14pm
You can smash up as many fruities as you like, as far as I'm concerned. Used to hate going into arcades BITD and seeing more and more of the things, replacing the vids.
mysticmonk View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysticmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by 69er 69er wrote:

second load the £5.00 (category D )Lets Play Darts was faulty else we would have kept it bit longer or give it away free  to another arcade nearby

who would have thought this guy was going to have a heart attack in about 3 weeks time OUCH ! 

he works far too hard ........... he should sell all his stuff and retire,, (the opinion of some around him ) 

message to MARTIN PALFREYMAN  ......... you need to think and take it easy with those huge video machines you move and drive all those miles on top ......

It's always a shame to see stuff smashed up, but when it's beyond the beyond, that's how it goes.

If you need a break just pass all your (non-skip) hoards my way and I'll give you a break. And I'll do it all for free too :p
69er View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 11:49am
second load the £5.00 (category D )Lets Play Darts was faulty else we would have kept it bit longer or give it away free  to another arcade nearby

who would have thought this guy was going to have a heart attack in about 3 weeks time OUCH ! 

he works far too hard ........... he should sell all his stuff and retire,, (the opinion of some around him ) 

message to MARTIN PALFREYMAN  ......... you need to think and take it easy with those huge video machines you move and drive all those miles on top ......

Edited by 69er - 20 Sep 2021 at 11:55am
undefeated arcade junk hoarder champion since 1977

IF YOU CHUCK IT AWAY YOU NEED IT THE NEXT DAY!!
69er View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 11:23am
the guys at our local tip are excellent 'coin vultures'......  this is the first 7 of 22 that went to heaven in June 2021 of which about 3/4 of them were fully working with top door keys attached to the psu wire so could have been easily salvaged IF WE ALLOWED IT TO HAPPEN  (just fruits and the odd Paragon cash quiz machines of which the computers are removed and scrapped seperately).

however we try hard to smash the glass as they leave the tail lift at full height and often the cabs split wide open at the corners too but even so we say they probably have a few stray coins inside,( which they really do) and by time we return with the next load they have been pulverised with spades,
 sledge hammers and earth moving diggers to see what money falls out .......

it was the first time i ever took my grandson this visit, and told him any money found is his and he came home with about £120 .00 . but had the advantage of searching them as we loaded them and frequently you can hear coins sliding about inside as they move on and off the sack trucks then a few just drop out when they land on the concrete from 3 foot in the air 

all under 4-5 years old fully working £100 jackpot various deal/no deal, star wars, queen, and others but too old to operate in the pubs as its very competitive if other operators in the area fancy poaching sites with newer more topical machines, we usually just take out the money note recycler units as they cost a lot to buy/repair and they have all been programmed to the new notes and remove our standard ops lock from the lower cash door and sometimes the odd coin validator mech IF THE TIP GUYS COULD PICK THEM OUT AND SELL THEM ON THEY WOULD BE HEROES LOCALLY but illegal with gaming stuff and the tip management are too secure for that too....... we are happy they get destroyed within a short time

its sad that occasionally old video cabs go the same way but they never have working crt or game boards in by this point and any decent spares have been salvaged. and would still get smashed to stop the tip guys trying to sell them on ..Cry

Edited by 69er - 20 Sep 2021 at 11:27am
undefeated arcade junk hoarder champion since 1977

IF YOU CHUCK IT AWAY YOU NEED IT THE NEXT DAY!!
Fantazia2 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fantazia2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 10:40am
The person who retracted their bid looks to be the one who won it, looks like the second highest bidder but their bid on after them and going by the difference from the original 344 they bid and the 350 it sent up to they knew 350 was the max bid so they retracted their bid and waited until the last minute to put a slightly higher bid on to win it.

Either dodgy tactics or possibly expect it to be relisted due to shilling.
FinalFight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalFight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 10:31am
Originally posted by u72 u72 wrote:

Well, it wasn’t me (before you all start lol)

instead of David and Goliath it should be Andy     

Edited by FinalFight - 20 Sep 2021 at 10:35am
u72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote u72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 10:16am
Well, it wasn’t me (before you all start lol)
Visit the Largest Classic Video Arcade in Europe!

Arcade Club Home Page
Mr Matt View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 10:11am
Somebody really wanted it and sniped it in the last few seconds for £360.

Come on, which one of you was it and why??  LOL
mysticmonk View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysticmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 11:24pm
Definitely a curiosity/gamble motivation. Everyone wanted to know "what's in the cabinet?"

Just like the below, except replace basket with cabinet

And funnily enough, the cabinet happens to be a basket case :p
_Matt_ View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Matt_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 10:04pm
Yeah that's definitely a mark 2.

A working goliath with a pcb went for under £200 less than two years ago on a 7 day auction.

I do wonder if some people prefer a damaged cab so they can get the satisfaction of the restoration. I also think the "I wonder what's inside" factor was big on this one especially after there was hope there could be a valuable pcb in there.

Edited by _Matt_ - 16 Sep 2021 at 10:05pm
Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 8:24pm
But when there are half decent cabs on BIN people dont by em

Same with cars, i look at certain ones quite often, there can be a nice one on, decent miles and condition, quite reasonable price like £2,600 with full MoT etc and no one buys it

At same time ?a pile of junk on with big holes in rear arches/sills, no mot, panels dented, paint poor and on auction with barn find in title and it ends at £2000

Just cant understand whats wrong with people

Last goliath was mint compared to that on auction and sold for £100 more than that currently at but was fully working

Just another point about the cab, its not a mk1 Goliath as control panel area is too big, there is no pull out shelf with CP fixed on it like standard mk3 so what version is it as loom looks like its always been there

Psu just in bottom, is it a mk2? No rotation monitor like mk1, control inside looks nice and rusty

Edited by Bods - 16 Sep 2021 at 8:47pm
WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space
jengineer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 5:31pm
yep needs re-shelling for sure

thing is when there’s hardly any 80’s cabs about and when one does pop up for sale there’s 20 people after it then people resort to buying one like this and then make the cabinets themselves
ooooooh if I had the space (and the money) I'd have that...
GadgetFreak View Drop Down

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GadgetFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 12:51am
Did you notice the '0' feedback bidder! Bet thats one of his friends boosting the price.
rotunda View Drop Down
User
User

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rotunda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by aeroflott aeroflott wrote:

Originally posted by Player Player wrote:

They are naughty for trying to sell what someone has bought to the dump. Find out where it is and tell em £50 or they will get reported. Cheeky sh*ts.

Well to be fair its a couple of lads who clearly found it on a building site and heard these arcade machines go for good money. I'd have done the same. They started it at 99p which was probably the right thing to do, and the market is talking!

Yeah that's not a tip, its a construction site.
aeroflott View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
A different league

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aeroflott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Player Player wrote:

They are naughty for trying to sell what someone has bought to the dump. Find out where it is and tell em £50 or they will get reported. Cheeky sh*ts.

Well to be fair its a couple of lads who clearly found it on a building site and heard these arcade machines go for good money. I'd have done the same. They started it at 99p which was probably the right thing to do, and the market is talking!
rotunda View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rotunda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by muddymusic muddymusic wrote:

How the f*ck has that got £350 bid on it. There's tidy working cabs with buy it nows for that price listed. Weird.
Clearly had a big whack on top, the side pic you can see the marquee and top are hanging out. I'd imagine that's when it hit the bottom of the skip.

It's dropped to £320 now but still.. I echo this.. what the hell is going on!? LOL 

I'm guessing someone has gone to see it and see's something they see is of value or... like big10p said... the world has gone truly mad and i give up. Imagine the effect this will have on decent cabs which often already are priced far too much...

Absolutely mental stuff this. 
Retroman839 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retroman839 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by neo-geo-mvs neo-geo-mvs wrote:

I bet Retroman bought it...

can’t afford it my teeth are worse than that cab!

Edited by Retroman839 - 15 Sep 2021 at 7:38pm
neo-geo-mvs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neo-geo-mvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 7:28pm
I bet Retroman bought it...
Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 4:40pm
Assumed it was probably track & field or Hyper Sports, pretty common pcb to find in cabs like the milliepede i bought which also had joysticks and tube burnt real bad with it so been converted to it many years

Thought same with Marquee on Qbert

So whats an untested Monitor and untested hyper sports worth these days, certainly not £350 it was at

Why people dont just put more photos on in first place and even more why do people bid stupid before seeing pics of inside. I dont think they were bidding it up, they must of had loads of questions about whats inside it, just crazy people dreaming its got Rtype, Nemesis etc in there i bet
WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic