ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > Meetings & Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ukvac meet 2018 @Arcade club  (attendees 1st post)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Ukvac meet 2018 @Arcade club (attendees 1st post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 13>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cNp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 10:31am
Originally posted by aeroflott aeroflott wrote:

Hello Arcade chums. I reckon I'm going to be at this meet. 

Do I really need to buy a ticket up front or can I just turn up on the day?

Sure you can just rock up as the general public are always also in when the Vac meets are on... you might miss out on a name lanyard but then everyone knows who you are anyway being a famous world record holder ;)
Wanted: SEGA Power Drift PCB, Asteroids cabaret, Vartek Kadet cabs
aeroflott View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
A different league

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeroflott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 10:34am
Thanks Chris - I think whatever 5 minutes of minor fame I might have had came and went years ago! I've dropped a PM to Arcadian and Andy anyway.

See you all there.
edget2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edget2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 10:49am
I think the only issue is if you turn up on the day you have to queue with the public to get in and around 2-3ish the queue gets quite big and at some stages when it gets full its 1 out 1 in ... but I'm sure Andy will make an exception for you Tony Thumbs Up
Wanted -> Taito Trimlines....
tin View Drop Down

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 12:31pm
Last year was there not a general public kick out then we carried on? Can't really remember. But again sure there will be an exception for such famous arcade scene figures :)
This is your crew chief // Yeah, the course is really tough // But it's a beautiful day // So good luck!
rotunda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rotunda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 1:25pm
Thanks to aeroflott for offering to give me a lift else i could never make it so far up north. 

I too will be there on the Saturday. Looking forward to it! Never been to Arcade Club so this will certainly be an experience for me.

Thanks again to TT, legend! 
retromash View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retromash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 1:43pm
Looking forward to seeing everyone again. I'll be travelling up with Ally The RetroHunter, Zipper Barry, and MrRetroRob and staying for the full weekend. Can't wait.
Check out my website http://retromash.com
Built my own MAME cab at http://retromash.com/2016/06/01/building-a-home-arcade-machine-part-23-the-finished-cabinet/
Lurch666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lurch666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 2:19pm
So when I get there do I just jump the queue?
I'm British so that seems alien to me!
You rang......?
edget2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edget2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Lurch666 Lurch666 wrote:

So when I get there do I just jump the queue?
I'm British so that seems alien to me!

Normally most of us are that keen to get there we are queuing outside before it opens ... I've never got there later than 12 so straight in ....

I'll be there friday night if anyone fancies a beer and a few hours chat about arcade machines Thumbs Up

Lurch666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lurch666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 2:39pm
I can't make it before 2:00pm because that's when I can book into my hotel room.
You rang......?
Chunksin View Drop Down

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chunksin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 3:58pm
Why not park at AC early and then drive to and check into your hotel when it gets really busy mid afternoon, just make sure you're back for 5 for the group photo!
frothmeister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frothmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by Chunksin Chunksin wrote:

Why not park at AC early and then drive to and check into your hotel when it gets really busy mid afternoon, just make sure you're back for 5 for the group photo!

This. That's what I'll be doingBig smile
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 5:27pm
I’l Be wearing a 720 unvac t-shirt and black hat for those I have stuff for or have bits for me. Will be a premier inn Friday eve if anyone is there for a drink.

Edited by Bensonrad - 12 Sep 2018 at 5:55pm
Wanted: Super Pacman Bezel, Millipede Euro inner Bezel. Small Cabaret Project Cab, Exterminator set up. Always after Millipede/Paperboy/Super Pacman/Outrun/Taito S.I PCBs
edget2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edget2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Bensonrad Bensonrad wrote:

I’l Be wearing a 720 unvaccinated t-shirt and black hat for those I have stuff for or have bits for me. Will be a premier inn Friday eve if anyone is there for a drink.

Yeah I'm in the PremInn as well ... will be there friday about 7 to check in and then straight off to AC if you wanna join me...

Edited by edget2000 - 12 Sep 2018 at 6:16pm
rotunda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rotunda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 8:32pm
Clap

Edited by dreamscape - 12 Sep 2018 at 9:29pm
ben76 View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Hunts Spies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ben76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 8:45pm
Hi all,
Not that anyone will be that bothered but I won't be able to make the meet up :'( real life sucks at times!
Hope you all have a good time and take loads of pics :)

- Ben
Bensonrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by edget2000 edget2000 wrote:

I’l Be wearing a 720 unvaccinated t-shirt and black hat for those I have stuff for or have bits for me. Will be a premier inn Friday eve if anyone is there for a drink.

Yeah I'm in the PremInn as well ... will be there friday about 7 to check in and then straight off to AC if you wanna join me...

I won't be doing AC on Friday night as have to wait for my room mate to arrive later on the train/metro, was going to save all my arcade excitement for a full Saturday.  But up for a drink in the bar when you arrive at the Prem if you like, if there is a bar there.
Wanted: Super Pacman Bezel, Millipede Euro inner Bezel. Small Cabaret Project Cab, Exterminator set up. Always after Millipede/Paperboy/Super Pacman/Outrun/Taito S.I PCBs
funhouse View Drop Down

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote funhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 9:13pm

I won't be doing AC on Friday night as have to wait for my room mate to arrive later on the train/metro, was going to save all my arcade excitement for a full Saturday.  But up for a drink in the bar when you arrive at the Prem if you like, if there is a bar there.

Me too - I'm doing the full Saturday with my brother meeting me at AC on the Saturday morning, but Friday night I'll definitely be around the Premier Inn for a drink if other people are there.

Someone said there was a Wetherspoon pub nearby if the Premier Inn has no bar.
giantkeeling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote giantkeeling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 9:17pm
There is a bar at Premier Inn guys, but there is a Wetherspoons 2 mins up the road called The Art Picture House. It's a very nice pub which used to be a theatre, and it's cheaper than the Premier Inn bar!
Bensonrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 9:17pm
Yes, anywhere close to it will be cool

edget2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote edget2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by giantkeeling giantkeeling wrote:

There is a bar at Premier Inn guys, but there is a Wetherspoons 2 mins up the road called The Art Picture House. It's a very nice pub which used to be a theatre, and it's cheaper than the Premier Inn bar!

beat me to it... but all of the above is spot on Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 13>
  Share Topic