ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > Meetings & Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ukvac meet 2018 @Arcade club  (attendees 1st post)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Ukvac meet 2018 @Arcade club (attendees 1st post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 13>
Author

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 8:47am
Definitely sounds like a plan!

This is your crew chief // Yeah, the course is really tough // But it's a beautiful day // So good luck!
Hurray Banana View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 9:01am
Good to have a definite plan I always tend to miss photo sessions
Steveylou View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steveylou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 10:07am
Sounds good
cNp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cNp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 11:33am
Originally posted by shaunholley shaunholley wrote:

GROUP PHOTO IDEA:
I think it will be near-impossible to gather up all VAC'ers in one place at one time on the day, so how about we all meet at the stage on Floor 2 at 5pm on the Saturday? Does that sound like a plan?

I'll bring my proper camera and can bring the tripod too if there's somewhere I can stash it for the rest of the day :)
Wanted: SEGA Power Drift PCB, Asteroids cabaret, Vartek Kadet cabs
Arcadian View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arcadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 11:53am
Don't worry Moomootown I'll confirm you on the list when I get on a computer. :)

cNp we have a locked cloak room you can store your tripod in!
bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 12:12pm
Any update on if the 3rd floor will be open for the meet next weekend?
Always looking for a bargain.
Wanted. Centipede uprigh, bezerk, mad planets.
Andypc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andypc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 12:39pm
I have just managed to book a Hotel, so will definitely be coming along with my little boy :-)
Wanted:- Tehkan World Cup cab
tin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by bonehead bonehead wrote:

The updated 1st post hints that it won't be :(
This is your crew chief // Yeah, the course is really tough // But it's a beautiful day // So good luck!
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by tin tin wrote:

Originally posted by bonehead bonehead wrote:

The updated 1st post hints that it won't be :(

:( when did that change, it said 3 floors before, shame I was hoping it would be open.
Wanted: Super Pacman Bezel, Millipede Euro inner Bezel. Small Cabaret Project Cab, Exterminator set up. Always after Millipede/Paperboy/Super Pacman/Outrun/Taito S.I PCBs
Brettster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brettster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 4:32pm
What time will you be opening? the usual 11am or earlier like the first meet?
Looking for More Space!!
ben76 View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Hunts Spies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ben76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 5:40pm
Dave if you can check with Andy I'm hopefully going on the Sat but won't know until probably the day before!...

- Ben
jase38 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jase38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 5:44pm
What's the deal with the third floor anyways? And when is the likely opening date?
tin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by Bensonrad Bensonrad wrote:

:( when did that change, it said 3 floors before, shame I was hoping it would be open.

I think only a couple of days ago. To be fair the 2nd floor had the same trouble and I guess it's an absolute pig of a thing to get done, so can't begrudge!!
Arcadian View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arcadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 7:37pm
Regarding the new floor - we were really hoping to have it open in time for UKVAC but sadly for many reasons the opening is being delayed, it's just not as easy as we thought it would be. There is still a lot of work to be done so we can't say for sure when it will open. We still have 2 full floors packed with old classics and modern games!

The opening time on Saturday and Sunday will be 11am.

Edit: Just updated the attendees list again
I've requested it be updated in the 1st post too.
Once again, do please nudge me if you are not in this list but should be!!! PM me or post here.

Edited by Arcadian - 09 Sep 2018 at 7:56pm
iamjimmi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamjimmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 7:44am

GROUP PHOTO IDEA:
I think it will be near-impossible to gather up all VAC'ers in one place at one time on the day, so how about we all meet at the stage on Floor 2 at 5pm on the Saturday? Does that sound like a plan?

Good idea Shaun...

You have a flare for organising stuff... maybe you should consider working there full time...
Smraedis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smraedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 9:42am
This sure has come around quick, see you all there if you are going!
Robotgreg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robotgreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 1:38pm
I was wondering if anyone going to Arcade Club can fix monitors please as have two (one vector and one raster) where the games play blind but nothing on the monitor (although used to work). 

I can bring the monitor pcbs with me to Arcade Club meet at the weekend if anyone here able to take back and have a look at please?

The monitors are as follows:

Asteroids Deluxe

Wells Gardner 2000

A fuse had blown on the pcb and also found the two transistors had also gone.  All replaced by experienced repairer but without access to a cab to be able to check everything and no improvement.  No red light on monitor suggesting no power getting there.  AR1 has been checked by experienced repairer and told working fine.

Millipede

Electrohome G07

Like AD, plays blind and was fine and then died.  Again seems like no power getting to monitor.

Thanks in hope
Greg

aeroflott View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
A different league

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeroflott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 3:39pm
Hello Arcade chums. I reckon I'm going to be at this meet. 

Do I really need to buy a ticket up front or can I just turn up on the day?
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 12:53am
Originally posted by iamjimmi iamjimmi wrote:

GROUP PHOTO IDEA:

Good idea Shaun...

You have a flare for organising stuff... maybe you should consider working there full time...

Welcome to spreadsheets and biscuits club. With a heavy dose of IPA! Big smile

Wanted: - PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Original Wonderboy PCB
- Parts needed: Naomi non-swivel castor / wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
LewisGamer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LewisGamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 9:25am
I shall groom myself in preparation for the photo haha
Independent games store owner and organizer of Retro Games Night at the Batcave!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 13>
  Share Topic