Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

World Record High scores.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dataeastfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: World Record High scores.
    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 10:58pm
Do any of you guys hold any world records?

I've looked at twin galaxies in the past to compare a couple of games I'm good at.

Is that still the place that is official?

Good health
strykr View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 11:53pm
Have a couple of mame ones. Havent really bothered since twin galaxies changed. Despite it all going crap i think its still considered the record to have? Aurcade are good too.

Edited by strykr - 07 Oct 2019 at 11:54pm
Wanted - Electrocoin Wheels Runner Cabinet http://tinyurl.com/oq6dkau
Badlands & Champ sprint TG mame WR holder
Richard May View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard May Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 12:19pm
My boy TT
videogamevampires.co.uk
aeroflott View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
A different league

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeroflott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 2:40pm
Classic Arcade World Records have got very disjointed over recent years - mostly down to the implosion of Twin Galaxies and their association with Guinness that died when it changed hands. 

Most of the old school arcade guys have moved on as there's no-one around to bind everything together, but look at the Twin Galaxies database as it's probably the best idea you'll get of what high scores are on various games.

There's more than a few world class players over the years from the UK who have had scores recognised on the TG database - Jon Stoodley, Nick Hutt, Gary Whelan, Greg Mott, myself and a bunch of Defender players too (I'm sure there's more).

I've still got this idea in my head to start a UK scoreboard from scratch. It seems to me you can grab that space as non one else is doing it, call it whatever you like and set up a scoreboard just for UK players. Have a few live events per year. Recruit volunteer referees, get the stripey shirt on and start tracking scores.

You could do high score events at the UK expos (Play Manchester, Blackpool etc), member meetups (Smartys, Dave Os etc) and Arcade Club. Or individuals could request a ref to come to their location and validate a live score.

I think it would be a great way of binding the community together and would add something to these events.

If I didn't have so much on my plate I'd get it set up.

The Ten Pence Podcast guys do a monthly high score challenge which is good fun.
Flinnster View Drop Down

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 2:49pm
If the Arcade Sidekick app continues to grow, I can see it eventually being used for live event scores.
Right now CharlieFar holds the record to everything on earth however Wink

WTD: Outrun DLX cab, Rolling Thunder pcb
Parts WTD: Dino King Door, Coin Box, Coin Chute
Aido View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 2:59pm
I have some scores on the MAME Action Replay Page and have the highest Pleiades score of 216k on there for nearly 20 years (time flies Ouch)  Not a particularly popular game so not much competition for it, also  if Twin Galaxies players Patrick Orr or Richie Knucklez submitted scores to MARP, my 216k score would be destroyed.

Edited by Aido - 08 Oct 2019 at 3:07pm
nurtuo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by aeroflott aeroflott wrote:

I've still got this idea in my head to start a UK scoreboard from scratch. It seems to me you can grab that space as non one else is doing it, call it whatever you like and set up a scoreboard just for UK players. Have a few live events per year. Recruit volunteer referees, get the stripey shirt on and start tracking scores.

You could do high score events at the UK expos (Play Manchester, Blackpool etc), member meetups (Smartys, Dave Os etc) and Arcade Club. Or individuals could request a ref to come to their location and validate a live score.

I think it would be a great way of binding the community together and would add something to these events.

This is a great idea.
I would say that things would be run with a little more sanity in the UK than the way it was in the US.
Most guys here would, I hope see it for what it is.

Fun Gaming with a Competition Spirit.
You're Cool, The Engines Hot, The Girl Is Gorgeous, A Tankful Of Gas And An Open Road......The Rest Is Up To You!
neoretro View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neoretro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 6:20pm
Get your butts down to our place and get your names on our high score boards! We maintain, referee them all and post them online to live on forever/until we go under and lose the domain!

They also stay on a big screen at the bar.

High Scores
nurtuo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by neoretro neoretro wrote:

Get your butts down to our place and get your names on our high score boards! We maintain, referee them all and post them online to live on forever/until we go under and lose the domain!

Wise Words

Wink
You're Cool, The Engines Hot, The Girl Is Gorgeous, A Tankful Of Gas And An Open Road......The Rest Is Up To You!
bountybob View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bountybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 7:11pm

High Scores
What/where is your place?
neoretro View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neoretro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by bountybob bountybob wrote:

High Scores

Leigh on Sea in Essex buddy.

Neon Knights
moomootown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moomootown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 7:38pm
I was first on Twin Galaxies for Shinobi but got pushed into 2nd position recently ish.
The only thing with something like Twin Galaxies is it contains only scores (mostly) for English speaking folk.
Then you go look at some Japanese players on YouTube and they have insane scores that are miles better - good example being outrun; there’s a live play on YT of a Japanese player doing the gear gacha pretty much perfectly and his finishing score is insane.

I also don’t trust half the twin galaxies stuff from back in the day that has no photo evidence or video evidence only a judge saw me do it honest guv

Would love a Uk centric database
Wanted: Virtua Cop 1 cab / Hyper Sports Cab or Track & Field
bountybob View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bountybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 7:50pm

High Scores

Neon Knights

Well that's not very far away, might have to pop along with the family. 
strykr View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 11:04pm
Yep twin galaxies has many many dubious scores... like the atari badlands one that was recorded a year before the game came out

Despite all that its a real shame it was all pissed up the wall by all the people that ran it over the years it had real historical significance and charm about it.
Wanted - Electrocoin Wheels Runner Cabinet http://tinyurl.com/oq6dkau
Badlands & Champ sprint TG mame WR holder
neoretro View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neoretro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 6:59pm

High Scores

Neon Knights

Well that's not very far away, might have to pop along with the family. 

We’d be pleased to have you.

If UK Vacers wanted to do an event there it can be hired out as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic