Anyone used Masking Fluid for side art masking?

Judder

Active member
Feedback
2 (100%)
Credits
1,001CR
I've been considering ways to rescue the side art on our Space Invaders Deluxe and wonder if anyone has using Masking Fluid in a restoration as a way of preserving existing art work during a re-spray?

This is the kind of stuff - used by water colour artists to keep the white canvas underneath, and just peels off as it is latex

http://www.scribblers.co.uk/acatalog/Masking_Fluids.html

The artwork I need to cover looks like this so would be a bit to complex to mask with tape although I can cover the blue center pieces mostly with that I think

SpaceInvadersDeluxeSideArt.jpg
 

Dex-Jay

Active member
Feedback
4 (100%)
Credits
375CR
I've used it in non Arcade stuff, yeah it's not bad. Just rub and it when you want to remove it "and the rubber balls up".

Were it me I'd either airbrush a little colour in the damaged areas or touch up by hand. As long as the colour match is good, you're should be laughing.
 
Top